Top Hat Cafe Semi-Custom Paulson Set (7 Viewers)

As you should be.

The AS (ES, PS) set is a culmination of a groupthink experiment with Paulson. Yes, they did a great job, maybe the BEST job, but the only history there is..... well.....its tarnished. It just is. I don't know how they could even dispute that. Even if original members are happy with what they did, (and I'm not saying they shouldn't be) there will always be a bad taste among people when seeing those chips. So, your set, and any other set really, wins on that angle....

The Star sets will always carry a scarlet letter in my take, and I'm not saying I don't want them, but I can't dispute the fact that they are bastard chips.
See I actually love them for the crazy backstory.

Taking this away from the AS chips, I also really love your relabel set, it’s super epic.

See I actually love them for the crazy backstory.

Taking this away from the AS chips, I also really love your relabel set, it’s super epic.

And thats okay! Im not trying to crap on anybody. I think though, if you polled us all, and we were all honest, that the majority would say they felt slighted in some way. But if I get an invite initially? fuck the rest of you. Thats what people don't care to admit.

I just think the whole thing will always be viewed as a "what if" by the majority of us who didn't have a chance to be involved (deserved or not).

And back to this thread.... these inlays may be my favorite to date. I am deepthroating hot stamp stacks lately, but this is perfect.

And thats okay! Im not trying to crap on anybody. I think though, if you polled us all, and we were all honest, that the majority would say they felt slighted in some way. But if I get an invite initially? fuck the rest of you. Thats what people don't care to admit.

I just think the whole thing will always be viewed as a "what if" by the majority of us who didn't have a chance to be involved (deserved or not).

And back to this thread.... these inlays may be my favorite to date. I am deepthroating hot stamp stacks lately, but this is perfect.
Yeah I love that label so much so that I’m still thinking of something along those lines (I’ll make it different I promise) for my next relabel set.

Yeah I love that label so much so that I’m still thinking of something along those lines (I’ll make it different I promise) for my next relabel set.

Hey man, I didn't come up with anything new. I told J5 that I liked the Flamingo chips and an art-deco style. I have felt somewhat bad because my labels look a lot like @dew4au's beautiful "The Signal" set which I didn't have in mind during the label design process.

Well Id probably say that these are my all time favourite custom label. New isn’t necessarily better, I love that it’s tied into the Paulson theme.

I’m really uncreative and i struggle to find anything that means enough to me that I want to make into a custom set. Probably why I bought someone else’s customs.

^^^^ This. This conversation doesn't exist around the Star chips. I rest my case.

Cheers @Burke

Edit: not sure my point here. Much drink, very booze. Tournament win shots had kicked in.

Last edited:
Hey man, I didn't come up with anything new. I told J5 that I liked the Flamingo chips and an art-deco style. I have felt somewhat bad because my labels look a lot like @dew4au's beautiful "The Signal" set which I didn't have in mind during the label design process.

No skin off my back. Those are nice labels. I was inspired by El Rancho, Flamingo, and Mapes for that set. I wasn't the first and I won't be the last! (y) :thumbsup:

I’m really uncreative and i struggle to find anything that means enough to me that I want to make into a custom set.

I mean, there is no rush if you already have a set to play with....that being said I have two custom ideas that I REALLY want to execute...but I just can't justify pursuing more sets (and I only have two lol).

Love your set. Also love that Palais sample set!

Love your set. Also love that Palais sample set!

No need for a sample set...when you acquire the real deal! (Traded the AS chips). Always pined for a Palais des Congres set.

IMG_0662.JPG

@Burke, killer sets!!! Your custom is really awesome, but those Palais...wow! Beautiful!

I've been thinking of making the chips below into $10s. I typically wouldn't do this, but I fear that finding more $5s will be very difficult and this would add bank (not that that is needed at the moment anyway). I also think this would make a very nice chip with the Top Hat Cafe logo and the colors I feel would fit. The only thing that I don't like is that the spot pattern would be repeated between the $5 and the $10.

The red-appearing spot looks more orange to me in person.

gold-rush-card-room-face_title-jpg.124866

I like 'em too, but wonder about having red chips w/blue spots in play with blue chips w/red spots..... and the repeating light blue spots could be an issue, as Tom pointed out.

If you are wanting a chip to augment the $5s, I think I'd look for something else. If in play with just a frac or $1s (limit game, for example), I think they'd look great.

Recently acquired a Sample Set of these from @Burke, we agreed that I would trade some photo's of the sample set, for the set itself. I think they turned out pretty neat, and loved being bale to combine two of my favorite hobbies. Here are a couple of my favorites. Click the flickr link to see the set.

Top Hat Cafe by ShaneOhMac, on Flickr

Found 40 more Pine Shed $5s to use as Top Hat Cafe $5s! I've got about 150 delabeled NYNY $1s that are ready for some beautiful Gear labels (en route). And there are possibly some new denominations in the works. It will be a happy holidays at the Top Hat Cafe!

Actually we will make a little game out of this....winner gets the last sample set that I currently have. Contest is open to all, but I kindly ask that if you already have a sample set then you allow me to auction off the last one for charity.

I asked J5 to design three new denoms. I have certain chips in mind for each of them. Guess what the denoms are and the correct corresponding chip and you win! Contest will end at 0000 EST Christmas Day. If multiple people have the same guess then I will do a flip to determine the winner.

And so everyone has a shot at comparing to the current lineup:

Top Hat Cafe J5 Mockup_Contest.jpg

Recently acquired a Sample Set of these from @Burke, we agreed that I would trade some photo's of the sample set, for the set itself. I think they turned out pretty neat, and loved being bale to combine two of my favorite hobbies. Here are a couple of my favorites. Click the flickr link to see the set.

GREAT WORK!! (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom