Top Hat Cafe Semi-Custom Paulson Set (1 Viewer)

9.5/10. Just a touch of color matching and they'd be a 10. I like these a lot.

The current $25s? Yeah keeping these is totally an option if there is no reasonable better alternative.

These are the three chips that I have found that may work. Which do ya'll prefer?

top hat cafe w bright green.jpg top hat cafe w dark green.jpg top hat cafe w light green.jpg

So I narrowed it to these two. Haven't gotten a ton is responses on here, but asked for many offline opinions and the poll is pretty much split 50/50.

top hat cafe w dark green.jpg top hat cafe w light green.jpg

How easy was it to remove the inlays? And how easy are the labels to apply?

I’m still considering removing inlays and going laminated for my next label. Can’t make my mind up.

Fantastic, mate!!! Truly!

If there are any extras/samples, I want'em! Really like the lineup you've chosen.

I'm moving pretty slowly on this. Mostly due to cost. $5 chips will be a limiting factor though in terms of offering up sets - I only have 200 right now.

How easy was it to remove the inlays? And how easy are the labels to apply?

Really depends on the chip. It is a tedious process no matter what, but it is has been much easier for me to remove the inlays from the Horsehoe chips and the NYNY than the Casablancas.

Really depends on the chip. It is a tedious process no matter what, but it is has been much easier for me to remove the inlays from the Horsehoe chips and the NYNY than the Casablancas.
Tedious I can deal with if the outcome is much better. I just expect that the laminated inlays will look and fit better than unlaminated.

And applying the labels is comparably much easier, but I have only done a sample's worth. It is exciting when a chip is completed though so if you are already de-inlaying chips then I don't think you will find relabeling difficult or overly time-consuming.

The label and spots on the $1 go together so well.

All are really nice, but the $1 :cool: is way cool. Nicely done!

My favorite is the fiver, but the $1 is a close second for me. I think the hundo will end up looking fantastic as well.

If I were to make a $20 chip...any color....what would you guys suggest? Looking for some help from the forum!

Shoot....wasn't clear enough....looking for specific chip suggestions (y) :thumbsup:

This is a beautiful set. The home barista in me is drooling over the theme tie in too.

Very well done.

Sure the AS set is bright. It looks great.

Your set though? I don't need to tell you why its so much better. You know.

Sure the AS set is bright. It looks great.

Your set though? I don't need to tell you why its so much better. You know.

Lol I mean yes I think mine is better hands-down, but I know that I am totally biased!

Lol I mean yes I think mine is better hands-down, but I know that I am totally biased!

As you should be.

The AS (ES, PS) set is a culmination of a groupthink experiment with Paulson. Yes, they did a great job, maybe the BEST job, but the only history there is..... well.....its tarnished. It just is. I don't know how they could even dispute that. Even if original members are happy with what they did, (and I'm not saying they shouldn't be) there will always be a bad taste among people when seeing those chips. So, your set, and any other set really, wins on that angle....

The Star sets will always carry a scarlet letter in my take, and I'm not saying I don't want them, but I can't dispute the fact that they are bastard chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom