Tom Brady Retires (1 Viewer)

After 22 seasons the greatest quarterback ever to play has called it a career. 7 Super Bowl Victories. The truck he won as MVP of his first one was the ” first car he ever owned “ thanks for the great ride.
For folks around here, it’s difficult to say how much he has meant. He’s been so much a part of our lives for 22 years. This will take some time.

What an insane career with some stats that just simply defy comprehension. Uncontested GOAT and a pleasure to watch. Wonder if he eventually goes into coaching or broadcasting since I think he loves the game too much to simply enjoy retirement, but hey I'm not married to Giselle so we'll see.

As a huge NFL fan I appreciate what he has done and his career, but I am happy that he will not win another superbowl. He's won enough already!

22 seasons in the NFL, 1 of which he was injured for all but one quarter and another (2000) where he was the backup. 10 Super Bowl appearances and 7 victories.

Having Tom Brady as your starting QB was a 50% shot at making the Super Bowl for 20 seasons.

That’s simply ridiculous. Mind boggling. Incredible.

Tom Brady is the G.O.A.T.

Period.

And it isn’t even close.

22 seasons in the NFL, 1 of which he was injured for all but one quarter and another (2000) where he was the backup. 10 Super Bowl appearances and 7 victories.

Having Tom Brady as your starting QB was a 50% shot at making the Super Bowl for 20 seasons.

That’s simply ridiculous. Mind boggling. Incredible.

Tom Brady is the G.O.A.T.

Period.

And it isn’t even close.
You raise an amazing point that is rarely discussed. Take away that season where he blew out his knee in week 1, and he’s got 20 seasons as an NFL starting QB, where he didn’t miss any starts due to injury. Including 5 seasons as a 40 year old QB. It’s amazing

Great, great record, true. But he played on a great team, for a great coach, too -- and it is a team game.

QBs I enjoyed watching more than I did Brady: Marino, Tarkenton, Dawson, Montana, Unitas. Tittle, Lamonica, Griese, Stabler, Conerly, maybe even Elway (but neither Elway, nor Bradshaw).

Of course, even though he played for a great NY refugee Giant-trained coach, it didn't help Brady that he was stuck in that cesspool of American sport, Boston...

You raise an amazing point that is rarely discussed. Take away that season where he blew out his knee in week 1, and he’s got 20 seasons as an NFL starting QB, where he didn’t miss any starts due to injury. Including 5 seasons as a 40 year old QB. It’s amazing
And now that I mention it, except for that first AFC championship game, where Drew came in, I can’t think of any games where Brady got knocked out of a game due to injury. I won’t post it as a fact, because 22 years is a long time and it’s hard to remember them all. But I think it might be true.

Also a rare occasion that he would come out if any game with a big lead. He didn’t like to get taken out even ahead by 30

It took me 2 tries, 5 years apart to get hired and another 11 years of volunteering and sacrificing to finally get my current assignment (after being passed over by a number of way less qualified people thanks to affirmative action and nepotism) so the thing that resonates with me the most (what I really can appreciate) is how, via his career accomplishments, he was able to basically give two big middle fingers to all the nay sayers and doubters back when he got drafted 199th in 2000!

slurp slurp Tom Brady is retired blah blah blah.
tenor.gif

One of the all time greats. The game is not what it was in the 60s, 70s, 80s or even 90s so comparisons are difficult, at best, as are GOAT calls. The level of protection and care given to QBs in the Brady era is light years beyond what it was previously. Very different game now where the QB is everything.

Team game, and he couldn’t have done it without the coach (8 rings), the team and the management, but the guy still had to show up and get it done and no one did it better over the last 20 years.

Everyone treating this as fact. I am not so sure. The timing seems way off to me. I will be surprised of Brady makes a decision this fast after the end of the season.

I love that it is taking away from the announcement of Big Ben also retiring! :LOL: :laugh:

I still remember his Superbowl Win in 2017 vs the Falcons. I was working for a trucking company here in Tampa and EVERYONE at my work was against the Pats. We had a group text going and before the game started I predicted the Pats would win 34-28.

When the Pats were down 28-3 and everyone in the group chat was giving me grief, saying to stick a fork in the Pats, they were done, etc. I was like "you guys have no fucking idea who you're dealing with. This is only the first half"

When the score started getting closer I had to type in "boy, you guys sure got quiet" because they clammed up when Brady started doing his thing. Once they won everyone in the chat was accusing him of deflating the ball, paying off the refs, etc.

Shit, my old boss STILL hasn't paid me the $10 he owes from the verbal bet we made on who would win. I'm just glad Brady is going out pretty much on top. He may not have gotten another ring this year, but he came close.

OK, I'll say it. Tom Brady is the most accomplished QB in history, and he's pretty damn good, but he's not the best. If Tom Brady is the GOAT, then Bill Russell is the basketball GOAT for the same reasons.

I saw the reports, too, but like others have said, many players have flirted with retirement only to change their minds. Personally, I think Brady is the most talented and consistent QB of this era and definitely one of the best of all time, but I don't follow him or like him. When a player sticks around for 22 years, they tend to influence the culture of the game, and I believe it is a good thing that the NFL is moving toward a new chapter in its history--one that will inevitably be writ without Brady. Again: Great player, undeniable talent, but not my cup of tea.

Brady has not confirmed the rumor. His father denies it. His agent was vague.

Probably he is retiring, but can’t announce until after Feb. 4th or he loses $15 million off his signing bonus. But worth mentioning that it isn’t 100% confirmed.

Guy likes a comeback…

Brady was a helluva QB. I used to rank the Pats QBs as Grogan, Bledsoe, Flutie, Eason but I definitely think Brady belongs in the discussion now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom