Tom Brady Out at NE (1 Viewer)

Philip to colts. What a sad day.

Isn't he always having a sad day?

1584574803253.png

So Brady to the Bucs, officially.

I was listen listening to a podcast discuss famous players in other uniforms at the end of their career.

I know there are more, but these three leapt to mind for me. Post 'em up.
eca578db7969f2fa61a6931da8196907--retro-football-school-football.jpg
Wayne-Gretzky-Blues-captain.jpg

(I know Gretzky went on to the Rangers, but maybe his short stay in St. Louis is what makes it seem weird.)
68c9254780500f0e45f776edac8f1e6c.jpg

Last edited:
So Brady to the Bucs, officially.

Listen to a podcast discuss famous players in other uniforms at the end of their career.

I know there are more, but these three leapt to mind for me. Post 'em up.
View attachment 425723View attachment 425724
(I know Gretzky went on to the Rangers, but maybe his short stay in St. Louis is what makes it seem weird.)
View attachment 425725
It’s funny, because when they leave my team, it’s the “end of their career”. Was trying to think of people I watched growing up and was like oh! Mike Piazza! Lol he went on to play for almost a decade after the Dodgers. Elton Brand apparently played almost a decade after the clippers.

edit: I just pray and hope Mike Trout makes this list. Gets out for one year at the end for a run at a title. Never has the best player in the history of a sport lived in such...nothingness.

usa-today-8299429.0.jpg

And here's a two-fer... Although I never saw either of them play, any Yankees fan with instantly throw up in their mouth a little bit. Berra with the Mets and Maris with the Cardinals.
yogi-berra-mets.jpg

That was a weird little stint with Brodeur, but I was lucky to be at the game when he had his last shutout.

Wonder when Bellicheat is gonna retire? Golden ticket is gone, staring down the barrel of years of .500 seasons, already questionable legacy on the line... How fast are the Championship or bust fans unrealistic expectations gonna turn on him without a GOAT driving the bus?

Not gonna lie, gonna enjoy watching NE heads explode as they return to just another team. At least they'll have the "remember when..." stories. They can keep holding onto their ring count and argue with 49'ers fans about who had the better team when.

Wonder when Bellicheat is gonna retire? Golden ticket is gone, staring down the barrel of years of .500 seasons, already questionable legacy on the line... How fast are the Championship or bust fans unrealistic expectations gonna turn on him without a GOAT driving the bus?

Not gonna lie, gonna enjoy watching NE heads explode as they return to just another team. At least they'll have the "remember when..." stories. They can keep holding onto their ring count and argue with 49'ers fans about who had the better team when.
Yeah, you and the rest of the country. I wonder how many games the patriots would have to win, for you to be impressed with Belichick. I'm guessing about 15?
He's the greatest coach of all time, and I'll be surprised if he doesn't have double digit wins and a playoff berth this season.

Yeah, you and the rest of the country. I wonder how many games the patriots would have to win, for you to be impressed with Belichick. I'm guessing about 15?
He's the greatest coach of all time, and I'll be surprised if he doesn't have double digit wins and a playoff berth this season.

Living in Seahawk country and being a Bronco fan makes it hurt to agree with this but I do. I can’t understand how people just write off what we’ve seen with that organization.

Just the amount of people up here who think that it was the Seahawks making the wrong call in 49 that cost them the game, i mean why didn’t they just give it to Marshawn, right?, shows that. they didn’t give it to Beast Mode and (rightfully) called a pass play (the wrong pass play, should have been a corner out where either the Sea receiver gets it or it goes out of bounds) for a few reasons, but the BIGGEST reason they had to do that is because how good of a coach the patriots have and he forced Seattle to throw it. When everybody in the world was screaming at bellicheck to call a time out when seattle got it down to the red zone he let the clock run and put his goal line package in. The same goal line package that had been stuffing marshawn on those short to gos. The Seahawks mismanaged the time/timeout situation and bellicheck knew that, he lets the clock run and puts his goal line in. If Seattle givesit to marshawn and he gets stuffed with no timeouts what happens? Seahawks are forced to throw and instead of calling a good pass play they call one that the patriots had SPECIFICALLY spent the week preparing for. Bad play call, bad pass by Russel, and a great play by a corner that was put into that position by his coach and had spent all week listening to his coach’s telling him what to do in that situation means the Patriots rightfully hoist another trophy.

The Hawks didn’t lose that game by not giving it to marshawn, the patriots won that game by being the patriots. Just like they’ve won all the others they have over their dynasty.As much as it hurts to say they are the best(ever), to not give them their due feels like sour grapes.

Agreed.

I think Belichick will be just fine.

Brady on the other hand... I'm pessimistic, but I'm hoping to be surprised.

Living in Seahawk country and being a Bronco fan makes it hurt to agree with this but I do. I can’t understand how people just write off what we’ve seen with that organization.

Just the amount of people up here who think that it was the Seahawks making the wrong call in 49 that cost them the game, i mean why didn’t they just give it to Marshawn, right?, shows that. they didn’t give it to Beast Mode and (rightfully) called a pass play (the wrong pass play, should have been a corner out where either the Sea receiver gets it or it goes out of bounds) for a few reasons, but the BIGGEST reason they had to do that is because how good of a coach the patriots have and he forced Seattle to throw it. When everybody in the world was screaming at bellicheck to call a time out when seattle got it down to the red zone he let the clock run and put his goal line package in. The same goal line package that had been stuffing marshawn on those short to gos. The Seahawks mismanaged the time/timeout situation and bellicheck knew that, he lets the clock run and puts his goal line in. If Seattle givesit to marshawn and he gets stuffed with no timeouts what happens? Seahawks are forced to throw and instead of calling a good pass play they call one that the patriots had SPECIFICALLY spent the week preparing for. Bad play call, bad pass by Russel, and a great play by a corner that was put into that position by his coach and had spent all week listening to his coach’s telling him what to do in that situation means the Patriots rightfully hoist another trophy.

The Hawks didn’t lose that game by not giving it to marshawn, the patriots won that game by being the patriots. Just like they’ve won all the others they have over their dynasty.As much as it hurts to say they are the best(ever), to not give them their due feels like sour grapes.
As a poker player, that whole sequence is fascinating to watch and re-watch. Belichick just stood their, calmly, as if nothing else were going on in the world, staring at Pete Carroll. The guy is constantly looking for and staring down the opposing head coach. And it's not an intimdation thing - he reads them; he's looking for tells. It's pretty cool.

As a poker player, that whole sequence is fascinating to watch and re-watch. Belichick just stood their, calmly, as if nothing else were going on in the world, staring at Pete Carroll. The guy is constantly looking for and staring down the opposing head coach. And it's not an intimdation thing - he reads them; he's looking for tells. It's pretty cool.

Agreed. I was picturing him standing there as I typed that. He’s so calm, the wheels are spinning, then boom he makes his decision, says something into the headset or waves his hand and his goal one guys start sprinting onto the field as he just stands there waiting to see how it all unfolds. It is damn impressive. The guy is at the top of his game and could do his job blindfolded and backwards better than half the head coaches in the league. I love watching greatness and that team has been great.

I understand the sports “hate” to an extent. But it does sometimes get tiresome talking to my friends that are so blinded by their own team loyalty or just don’t understand football past the final score that all I hear is that the patriots win because they are “cheaters”. Lol I think Seattle is one of the most penalized teams in the league for breaking the off season rules and such under Pete, but none of that matters to my buddies.

Whatever.

Go Broncos. :)

I'm excited for both TB12's future and to see what's in store for the Pats. So be it if we have to suck for a while. No team in US sports is good forever. They always have ups and downs like anything else in life. I do like that the culture tone is set and Bill's system is in place in NE. So I'm hoping Stidham pans out to be a feasible QB and we are competitive. They won't be what they were in years past, but I still like where the Patriots stand and I would be far from sour if they sucked for a few years. That'll just let the bandwagon fans fall off the season ticket wait list and put me further up in line!

Side Note: The Bucaneers are no joke. Sneakily had the third ranked defensive DVOA in the league and their offense is electric. They need to improve their secondary, but they have a good head coach too. To me, its looking like a helluva team. They already bolstered the O-line with a pickup from the Colts.

All TB needed was a semi good game manager. Def is noice, I think I saw that the oppos starting field position was bottom three (that’s gonna flip immensely). Brady at this point, pretty good game manager. I think the more interesting thing will be to see how he takes his place in the locker room, how younger players take to him, etc.

Whoever talks about Billy hanging it up because it’s no fun? He still has most of his coaches back, and still has complete control of the team. And now people don’t expect him to win? Shit, it might be more fun for him now. No one spends decades of their lives putting an excessive amount of dedication into their craft because they had fun or a good run. That man ain’t sitting at home.

That'll just let the bandwagon fans fall off the season ticket wait list and put me further up in line!
2021 meetup in Boston? Main tournament on a set of your customs, and one of the things we can do as a group is hit a Celtics game? Have poker end on a Saturday night/Sunday morning, and for those that stay longer, we can do a Patriots afternoon game? I’m in.

I don't think that super motivated people spend much time considering how there "legacy" will be discussed after they are gone. That is what the rest of us waste countless hours listening to sports radio talk about like it matters. I think fighters like to fight and I can't imagine why Belichick or Brady would quit before they have to. I am not a NE fan but I would love to see Brady do well and even if he doesn't I don't feel like it changes that fact that he can't be left out of any conversation about the greatest quarterbacks ever.

2021 meetup in Boston? Main tournament on a set of your customs, and one of the things we can do as a group is hit a Celtics game? Have poker end on a Saturday night/Sunday morning, and for those that stay longer, we can do a Patriots afternoon game? I’m in.
I'd be super in for that. I only have enough enough space for a 9 handed game but if someone has a two or three table setup to host id love to do this. Would be willing to put any of my sets in play!

They had the best dynasty ever (*). I don't think anyone denies that. It was a hell of a run, but let's see what they can do without a GOAT (also pretty much undisputed) quarterback.

On another note...
Marking the last play in SB49 up to the Patriots being the Patriots is funny, but not how you think I think. Throwing the ball was likely the right play given the way the defense was set. However, anyone know how many times the Seahawks ran that play inside the red zone that year? Zero. Additionally the Patriots should not have anticipated that being the go to play for the same reason the Seahawks shouldn't have run the ball with Marshawn. Too many people up the gut. However, Malcom Butler an undrafted rookie played it like he knew the play was coming and made his 1st career interception to win the Super Bowl... Sounds like the Patriots being the Patriots to me too.

* They repeatedly got caught cheating.

Yeah lots of sour grapes there too. The cheating allegation on the last play is far fetched, but we are also talking about the Patriots so it can't be ruled out.

They had the best dynasty ever (*). I don't think anyone denies that. It was a hell of a run, but let's see what they can do without a GOAT (also pretty much undisputed) quarterback.

On another note...
Marking the last play in SB49 up to the Patriots being the Patriots is funny, but not how you think I think. Throwing the ball was likely the right play given the way the defense was set. However, anyone know how many times the Seahawks ran that play inside the red zone that year? Zero. Additionally the Patriots should not have anticipated that being the go to play for the same reason the Seahawks shouldn't have run the ball with Marshawn. Too many people up the gut. However, Malcom Butler an undrafted rookie played it like he knew the play was coming and made his 1st career interception to win the Super Bowl... Sounds like the Patriots being the Patriots to me too.

* They repeatedly got caught cheating.

Yeah lots of sour grapes there too. The cheating allegation on the last play is far fetched, but we are also talking about the Patriots so it can't be ruled out.
I've heard nothing about cheating in the Seahawks SB. Being in NE and a fan its pretty much all we hear every time they win anything significant. To me the team is well coached and Malcolm sniffed it out. The way the lined up you could tell it was a pick play.

Oh lawd let’s not take this road again. Every team cheats in every national sport. It’s hundreds of millions of dollars, billions?, at stake, they all toe the line or skirt the rules.

Some of them do it more than others, with little regard for others and happily take the slap on the wrists behind closed doors. It sucks, I have a special place in hell for those who cheated Kershaw in the playoffs, but until commissioners actually do something, can you blame them?

Oh lawd let’s not take this road again. Every team cheats in every national sport. It’s hundreds of millions of dollars, billions?, at stake, they all toe the line or skirt the rules.

Some of them do it more than others, with little regard for others and happily take the slap on the wrists behind closed doors. It sucks, I have a special place in hell for those who cheated Kershaw in the playoffs, but until commissioners actually do something, can you blame them?
I don’t want to rehash all the normal sports talk stuff that’s been said, but I do have a question on something I’ve never heard (and Jesus do you guys seem to know a shit ton).

I realize the cheating happened and punishments followed (astros, Patriots, ummm falcons pulling music), but can teams can take further individual action? I was surprised that an nfl player was able to start a case with the labor board about the NFLPA not following protocol (figured contract would negate that).

Is there something in contracts that prevent players/clubs/owners from suing other teams? It’s hard to put a finger on exactly how much proven cheating costs a player or team, but it can’t be tiny.

FML, Gordon to the Broncos. Couldn’t go out of conference.... :banghead:
Pretty funny that supposedly he took less money to play against the Chargers twice/year.

All I know is my fantasy football mind is pretty sick of these running-back-by-committee schemes. I guess I get it for real life, but I want to see one guy back there for 3 downs each series...like the good ole days you know.

Pretty funny that supposedly he took less money to play against the Chargers twice/year.

All I know is my fantasy football mind is pretty sick of these running-back-by-committee schemes. I guess I get it for real life, but I want to see one guy back there for 3 downs each series...like the good ole days you know.
I draft on usage, eff committees. Give me a flailing Joe Mixon over a hot hand patriots back any day. I like to be able to set and forget my starters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom