Tina Faux Hot Staps? (1 Viewer)

BigJackJones

Straight
Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen a couple examples of faux hot stamps on Tinas, but I would like to see yours. If you have done this, please post pics.

If you haven’t done this, feel free to mock me viciously. (That way everyone can play in the sandbox)
Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

The faux stamps are cool, but just curious, are ceramics hotstampable? Would it just melt the plastic?

The faux stamps are cool, but just curious, are ceramics hotstampable? Would it just melt the plastic?
The potential issue I see is that when hotstamps are made, some plastic squishes out the edges of the stamp and will sit proud of the surface. I imagine they wouldn't stack the same after stamping.
Maybe the stamping can be done with a minimal amount of melting into the surface? Not sure....

Hot Stamps have been used on plastic super diamonds in the past. It's my understanding having this done with such chips costs more than doing it on compression clay chips. Maybe it requires a more involved process/greater care.

I own almost 4000 older Marion Heavy Diamond plastic chips. I don't know if any are made better than these. Almost all of them are still in mint condition. I'm sure they would take stamping as well as any out there. I just don't want to spend the money to do it.

I would, on the other hand, purchase some faux stamps that look as nice as some of the chips posted in this this thread.

Last edited:
The potential issue I see is that when hotstamps are made, some plastic squishes out the edges of the stamp and will sit proud of the surface. I imagine they wouldn't stack the same after stamping.
Maybe the stamping can be done with a minimal amount of melting into the surface? Not sure....
Just speculating- should be less of an issue with chips with a recess like the Tina hybrids?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom