Thoughts on staying at the golden nugget (1 Viewer)

Wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.

When you book they will charge you a deposit equal to the first night. If you book and cancel you are going to lose twice on the exchange - once when they charge you USD and again when they refund you AUS, unless you have a USD credit card.
Ok good to know thanks.

I’d have to agree with others here and vote for stay on the strip, I’d also play on the strip. Pretty easy games everywhere, especially at 1/2 or 1/3.

What dates are you staying in Vegas? Which airline do you have a lot of miles with?
28th May - 4th June on my own and then 5th - 9th June with the wife.

I’ve got a decent amount of miles with virgin Australia, but i doubt that would help and I only use those for business class redemptions.

I’ve narrowed mine down now to PH or Flamingo now. Everyone’s convinced me that I need to be central. The wife wants to stay at Caesars, Venetian, Bellagio or Aria.

I’m just not a fan of downtown. When I can get a poker rate of $85 at Aria it’s a no brainer.

What's a poker rate?

@Perthmike Aria is just as central as PH and Flamingo. More expensive but definitely nicer.

Caesers and Bellagio are right there too. Venetian is really the only one that's a bit further down.

Aria looks to be almost triple the price of PH. I’m hoping to spend between $700-800us for the week on my own including taxes and room rates. That’s doable at PH, but certainly not at Aria.

I’m gonna let the wife pick where we stay together. I think she’ll go for Venetian or Caesars. She would like to go somewhere that’s heavily themed.

I’m going to Thailand in 2 weeks. I don’t even care, all I can think about is Vegas in May lol.

Aria looks to be almost triple the price of PH. I’m hoping to spend between $700-800us for the week on my own including taxes and room rates. That’s doable at PH, but certainly not at Aria.

I’m gonna let the wife pick where we stay together. I think she’ll go for Venetian or Caesars. She would like to go somewhere that’s heavily themed.

I’m going to Thailand in 2 weeks. I don’t even care, all I can think about is Vegas in May lol.

Is Venetian really less expensive than Aria? I was thinking that Ventian and Bellagio are probably the most expensive on the strip.

Looking forward to the trip report :D

Poker rate requires that you play 4 or 5 hours per day of poker in that one specific poker room.

As you mentioned, it would be good to book something now that you had the ability to cancel then do some more searching when you're a couple of months out.

Best I saw now was Hotwire, but you can't cancel the reservations and it's a similar deal to what you have above when you add resort fees and taxes.

1541827608695.png

Last edited:
Well that’s interesting. The code for wsop9 seems to be cheaper than the cyber18 code

I've only been to Vegas a few times, but i'm gonna stay at PH mostly from here on out. Central location, reasonable rooms. Go-Go dancers.

Just logged in one last time to check the cyber Monday deals and it tells me there is a code cyberb, which is up to 40% discount, but ends in 10 mins.

I quickly checked and was able to get the PH for $739 for 7 nights instead of $789.

I might cop a few bucks for the deposit cancellation exchange, but that’s a dirt cheap rate.

i should mention you should check out the myvegas game on facebook and mobile (2 separate games). There is also mykonami facebook/mobile (same game), myvegas blackjack mobile and popslots mobile.

All can earn you free rewards in Vegas, even a free room. Your rewards are all linked together in these games through your facebook account. These games are free to play. The interesting thing is that you can also earn rewards that are good in Australia.

If you play all the games, you will earn rewards faster.

You can redeem 3 rewards per account. The rewards are all in association with the mlife program through the MGM brand hotels.

For example I am leaving tomorrow for Vegas. Between my nephew and I, we have booked 2 tix to Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay, 2 spa passes at Mandalay bay, BOGO buffet passes to Aria, and Mirage and 2 free nights at MGM Signature. There are show tickets, monorail passes and other things available, in addition to the free rooms and food.

BTW I rebooked my rooms today too because it was cheaper with the cybermonday. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom