Thoughts on staying at the golden nugget

Wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.

When you book they will charge you a deposit equal to the first night. If you book and cancel you are going to lose twice on the exchange - once when they charge you USD and again when they refund you AUS, unless you have a USD credit card.
Ok good to know thanks.

What dates are you staying in Vegas? Which airline do you have a lot of miles with?
28th May - 4th June on my own and then 5th - 9th June with the wife.

I’ve got a decent amount of miles with virgin Australia, but i doubt that would help and I only use those for business class redemptions.

I’ve narrowed mine down now to PH or Flamingo now. Everyone’s convinced me that I need to be central. The wife wants to stay at Caesars, Venetian, Bellagio or Aria.

Aria looks to be almost triple the price of PH. I’m hoping to spend between $700-800us for the week on my own including taxes and room rates. That’s doable at PH, but certainly not at Aria.

I’m gonna let the wife pick where we stay together. I think she’ll go for Venetian or Caesars. She would like to go somewhere that’s heavily themed.

I’m going to Thailand in 2 weeks. I don’t even care, all I can think about is Vegas in May lol.

Aria looks to be almost triple the price of PH. I’m hoping to spend between $700-800us for the week on my own including taxes and room rates. That’s doable at PH, but certainly not at Aria.

I’m gonna let the wife pick where we stay together. I think she’ll go for Venetian or Caesars. She would like to go somewhere that’s heavily themed.

I’m going to Thailand in 2 weeks. I don’t even care, all I can think about is Vegas in May lol.
Is Venetian really less expensive than Aria? I was thinking that Ventian and Bellagio are probably the most expensive on the strip.

Looking forward to the trip report :D

Poker rate requires that you play 4 or 5 hours per day of poker in that one specific poker room.

As you mentioned, it would be good to book something now that you had the ability to cancel then do some more searching when you're a couple of months out.

Best I saw now was Hotwire, but you can't cancel the reservations and it's a similar deal to what you have above when you add resort fees and taxes.

1541827608695.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom