Thoughts on 43mm vs. 39mm Tina Card Molds (1 Viewer)

Worthy_Cap

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello guys! I am currently designing my chips with the excellent @mattross1313 and he is awesome! I am stuck between deciding between 39mm and 43mm chips.

Any thoughts and ideas are welcome! If you have pics of each side by side for comparison I would much appreciate it! Maybe individual chips and also stacks of chips in the different sizes.

On a side note, I just recently found this forum and just say that everyone had been awesome and I love the site!

We’ve got a 43mm Aria’s Tournament Card Mold set and really like them. I suppose I would say they are slipperier than, say, Dia de los Muertos chips from BR Pro Poker, or Paulsons, but we have not found them to be excessively or detrimentally so.

I have liked the 43mm chips enough that for our next cash set, we’re going to get 43mm for the larger denominations, and 39mm for the rest. However, we might be going with textured No Molds over Card Molds - getting samples to compare textures and decide favorites from there.

While I don’t own a 39mm Cards Mold set, I do own a few shuffle stacks, and like how those feel, too.

Ultimately, we are happy enough with the quality of our purchase, especially at that price point, that we are returning to the manufacturer again, which is probably the best recommendation I can give.

I can share you some side-by-side photos later after we get the baby to bed.

Here are some various comparison shots for 39mm and 43mm Tina Card Mold Aria’s Tournament chips:

IMG_2046.jpeg

IMG_2048.jpeg

IMG_2050.jpeg

IMG_2052.jpeg

IMG_2054.jpeg

Both 39 & 43mm Card Mold will get slippery after some usage, it just one of the things you have to tolerate for customization ceramic at that price point.

If slipperiness is a main concern, you might want to try them on No Mold textured, i find them to be more resistant to slippery compared to Card Mold.

Last edited:
Anyone willing to send me a sample of textured no mold and card mold from Tina? I would be willing to send them back after I make my decision.

Why do you suppose they are slippier than 39mm?
I wasn’t really comparing 39 to 43 in terms of slippery, but Cards Mold, which are on the sleeker side of the spectrum, to non-Cards Mold chips. I personally don’t feel a particular difference between the two Cards Mold sizes other than obvious size related ones.

Anyone willing to send me a sample of textured no mold and card mold from Tina? I would be willing to send them back after I make my decision.
I haven’t gotten my textured No Mold sample yet, otherwise I’d spot them to you for the cost of shipping. But I was able to secure the samples I needed in under 24 hours in the classifieds section, so it shouldn’t be much trouble for you.

Following as I have been kicking around the idea of a 43 set, myself! Thanks for opening up the convo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom