This is where the LOL Ridiculous Hands go (1 Viewer)

Not sure I can even type this hand up without falling on the floor laughing. But here goes. Had a two table last night. Was supposed to be 19 players but 4 failed to show. Three decided to watch the fight (ok marginal excuse especially since I you only told you buddy to tell me when he showed up so no advance notice) and one flat just no show (he wont' be invited back as its his second time pulling that crap). So one of the guys that had not played here before, I'll call him PEH (play every hand) is building a monster chip stack. Clearly the chip leader well into the night. Get down to 6 players and he is keeping right on style. Literally playing at least 90% of the hands to the flop and over 50% to the turn. And he still has the big stack. So here comes the hand.

PEH is in the BB. Blinds are 500-1000. UTG raises to 2500. Folds around to PEH and he calls. So there is now 5500 in the pot. Flop comes AKA. PEH bets 3500 and UTG calls. Turn comes K. with 12,500 in the pot. PEH checks and UTG is all in for another 8000. PEH mulls it over (he has the 8000 covered) and calls. UTG turns over A10 for the full house. Everybody at the table is thinking that PEH must have a strong K. So PEH turns over.....wait for it....

FREAKING 55. At this point I was just being the dealer and tried not to laugh. Had to bite my lip. 55? WTH are you thinking.....LOL. So PEH went from chip leader to a small stack. And to make it even more fun. Several hands later PEH got knocked out by a Royal Flush. First one we have ever had in our home game.

Last edited:
Flop comes AKA. PEH bets 3500 and UTG calls. Turn comes A. with 12,500 in the pot. PEH checks and UTG is all in for another 8000. PEH mulls it over (he has the 8000 covered) and calls. UTG turns over A10 for the full house.
Wouldn't that be quad aces?

AAKJT dual suited 5 card PLO hi only 25/50c. I triple straddle to $4, Mat B quadruple straddles to $8. Guy to his left quintuple straddles to $16. We are all the callous disbelievers of arbitrary economy.

Guy next to him looks at his cards and makes it $50 to go. 3 callers and I call. Mat B raises to $98. 4 callers and I shove my remaining $180. Mat B and the 4 callers call. We are unconscionable monkeys flinging our own feces at shadows.

$1080 in the pot and we haven't see a flop yet and everyone has 5 cards.

Flop is KQTddx. I have AJdd. I sit quietly and wonder what concentric design I'll use to stack my chips. There is action. The side pot is created and swells. We are angry chimps beating our chests and barking, ignorant of the pity-fueled gawking from just beyond our virtual plexiglass walls.

Turn 6d. I fidget nervously and wonder if I'll let people make change with my red chips for their hundos when they rebuy, or if I'll just keep my big stacks. There is more betting, furious wagering, and everyone who wasn't all in already is now. We are all the frayed rubber bands straining to contain our sad bankrolls.

River 6. I feel like someone ran over me with a wheat thresher, baled my remains up like hay, and threw them into a hot silo to compost for a year. Mat B tables KK for top boat. Mat starts doing the bull dance around the poker room. I cast disdainful looks at his exuberance. I am the Rebuyer, the Unredeemed, the Sad Sorry Lot.

The Great and Terrible End

AAKJT dual suited 5 card PLO hi only 25/50c. I triple straddle to $4, Mat B quadruple straddles to $8. Guy to his left quintuple straddles to $16. We are all the callous disbelievers of arbitrary economy.

Guy next to him looks at his cards and makes it $50 to go. 3 callers and I call. Mat B raises to $98. 4 callers and I shove my remaining $180. Mat B and the 4 callers call. We are unconscionable monkeys flinging our own feces at shadows.

Flop is KQTddx. I have AJdd. I sit quietly and wonder what concentric design I'll use to stack my chips. There is action. The side pot is created and swells. We are angry chimps beating our chests and barking, ignorant of the pity-fueled gawking from just beyond our virtual plexiglass walls.

Turn 6d. I fidget nervously and wonder if I'll let people make change with my red chips for their hundos when they rebuy, or if I'll just keep my big stacks. There is more betting, furious wagering, and everyone who wasn't all in already is now. We are all the frayed rubber bands straining to contain our sad bankrolls.

River 6. I feel like someone ran over me with a wheat thresher, baled my remains up like hay, and threw them into a hot silo to compost for a year. Mat B tables KK for top boat. Mat starts doing the bull dance around the poker room. I cast disdainful looks at his exuberance. I am the Rebuyer, the Unredeemed, the Sad Sorry Lot.

POT!

Standard:)

On Saturday I put in 300 on a T97ccc flop with a handful of low cards thinking I had a low. I have no idea what I was doing. I was not Intoxicated. PLO / Big O rotation. Inexcusable.

Over a decade ago I called a raise with 96 suited in a 2-5 game, 500 effective. Heads up the flop came 876 with my flush draw. He bet, I raised, he jammed and I called. Board ran out two big bricks, KK or KQ no flush, something like that. Villain turned over 55. I folded.

I put a horrific beat on a player in a $600 PLO pot yesterday. Jh8h3c board. I cover and get it in with Ac7c3h3s vs JsJd9c4c. Another player says he folded the last 3. My chances were 2.3%.

On Saturday I put in 300 on a T97ccc flop with a handful of low cards thinking I had a low. I have no idea what I was doing. I was not Intoxicated. PLO / Big O rotation. Inexcusable.

Over a decade ago I called a raise with 96 suited in a 2-5 game, 500 effective. Heads up the flop came 876 with my flush draw. He bet, I raised, he jammed and I called. Board ran out two big bricks, KK or KQ no flush, something like that. Villain turned over 55. I folded.
Why did you fold the winning hand?

Sometimes it's correct to fold the winning hand to win a bigger hand later. Basic strategy. You play the man, not the cards, Chicken.

What if that man is not a man but a pooh flinging chimp?

Game from Friday. Players are loose and up for gambool, especially the Jamaicans when the Henny is flowing. There's one who will call you down with ATC no matter what, so I try to iso him and use that to my advantage. Limped pot all the way and I looked down at :qc::5c: in the BB. I put in a raise, folds to ATC who's SB and completes. Flop is :jc::5d::8c:. ATC checks, I bet and he calls. Turn is :tc:. ATC bets, I reraised and he tanks for a bit but, like clockwork, he calls. River is :2h:, he jams and I snap call announcing flush and proceed to scoop....except that I misread my hand completely and really turned over :qc::5s:. He turns over AdKh thinking he won with ace-high, but I scoop the entire pot with a pair of fives. :D

Last edited:
Saturday night down to 5 (don't remember the blinds) players. Two have big stacks and the two guys in this hand and myself are short. Pay three places. UTG limps. UTG is a loose any two cards kind of guy. Wants to see a flop just about every hand. Second to act (TAG) raises 4X. Followed by 3 folds. UTG calls.

Flop comes A 9 3 rainbow. UTG checks and the original raiser goes all in. Every body expects UTG to fold but nope he calls and promptly turns over his monster K 3 off. I try not to laugh out loud but its pretty tough to keep a straight face. As expected TAG turns over AK. Neither player has a backdoor flush draw so UTG has a two outer. Of course you KNOW he rivers a 3 and proclaims his great play and how he will make the money. Sorry dude. Lousy play and no you didn't make the money.

And I actually was glad he knocked the other guy out as he is a much better player than UTG. And of course UTG was the next guy out so I was in the money. I am by no means a good player but it amazes me how bad some guys are and actually believe they ARE good......:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I was watching Super High Roller last night. I've seen parts of that episode before, but not this hand. It was definitely a re-run tho, so maybe you've seen it already. I found part of the hand on Youtube, and nothing on PokerGo.

JRB was on a Matusow-like implosion when he picked up AA. The pot was opened by Esfandiari to $3000 holding J5 and JRB made it $14,000. Esfandiari 3-bet to $44k and JRB just flatted.

Flop comes J35. JRB checks and Esfandiari bets $50k. JRB goes all in for $147,600 and Esfandiari snap calls. Feeling poker sorry, Esfandiari asks how many times JRB wants to run it, but JRB is too busy ranting about his bad luck to hear him.

Hearing no decision to run it more than once, dealer puts a blank on the turn. Esfandiari halts the action and again offers to run it twice. This time, JRB humbly accepts and they agree to run the river twice. First river would have given JRB the whole pot. Instead, the second hand runs off for Esfandiari and they chop.

The dejection on JRB's face when he would've won the whole pot if he just let it run once made me literally laugh out loud.

Hand 1: Game: BigO8

Hero has maybe $120 to $140. not sure. (relevant to later info)
Villain 1 and Villain 2 both have maybe a little more each.
Hero looks down at XXXXX and folds.
Villain 1 bets pot. Villain 2 bets pot.Villain 1 calls.
Flop comes. XXX villain 1 bets, villain 2 pots, villain 1 calls.
Hero thinks for a second then divides up the pot into 2 stacks sensing a chop pot.
River comes X. Villain 1 bets, Villain 2 calls.
Hero looks down and sees that he has moved all his red chips into the pot prior to the river and now only has 25c and $1 chips in front of him. Hero vomits.

How would you play this hand differently?

Hand 2, Game: Double Board Omaha

Hero sitting on $500ish. Villain 1 $300ish Villain 2 $500ish
Hero dealt , 3c 3h 6d 7s

Only relevant factor here is bottom board. Flop, 3d 10c 4s ,hero bets/ maybe a raise comes/ couple of calls etc.

Turn comes 5H board is now :3d::tc::4s::5h: Hero sees set of 3s, proceeds to look at top board for anything interesting. Nada.
Villain 1 bets, Villain 2 call, Hero call..
River comes Kc board is now :3d::tc::4s::5h::kc:

pot is approximately $430ish. split into 2 stacks.
Villain 1 bets $100 villain 2 calls $100

Hero thinks for second, shows player to the left hero hand (player on left who's fold rate exceeds 94.3%;))

Hero mucks hand.
Player to the left of Hero (after Villains table their hands) says "why did you fold?" Hero says "what do you mean? i had a set of 3s" oh lordy. Nausea sets in.

Both hands happened the same evening, I see why i get invited to poker games now.

Last edited:
Hand 1: Game: BigO8

Hero has maybe $120 to $140. not sure. (relevant to later info)
Villain 1 and Villain 2 both have maybe a little more each.
Hero looks down at XXXXX and folds.
Villain 1 bets pot. Villain 2 bets pot.Villain 1 calls.
Flop comes. XXX villain 1 bets, villain 2 pots, villain 1 calls.
Hero thinks for a second then divides up the pot into 2 stacks sensing a chop pot.
River comes X. Villain 1 bets, Villain 2 calls.
Hero looks down and sees that he has moved all his red chips into the pot prior to the river and now only had 25c and $1 chips in front of him. Hero vomits.

How would you play this hand differently?

Hand 2, Game: Double Board Omaha

Hero sitting on $500ish. Villain 1 $300ish Villain 2 $500ish
Hero dealt , 3c 3h 6d 7s

Only relevant factor here is bottom board. Flop, 3d 10c 4s ,hero bets/ maybe a raise comes/ couple of calls etc.

Turn comes 5H board is now :3d::tc::4s::5h: Hero sees set of 3s, proceeds to look at top board for anything interesting. Nada.
Villain 1 bets, Villain 2 call, Hero call..
River comes Kc board is now :3d::tc::4s::5h::kc:

pot is approximately $430ish. split into 2 stacks.
Villain 1 bets $100 villain 2 calls $100

Hero thinks for second, shows player to the left hero hand (player on left who's fold rate exceeds 94.3%)

Hero mucks hand.
Player to the left of Hero (after Villains table their hands) says "why did you fold?" Hero says "what do you mean? i had a set of 3s" oh lordy. Nausea sets in.

Both hands happened the same evening, I see why i get invited to poker games now.

Hand 2: fold pre
Hand 1: fold harder pre

(also with only 2 players in action it should be very easy to reconstruct exactly how much should be in the pot - if you can find someone at the table who isn't hammered, that is. :unsure:)

I'm skeptical ;)

I never said what hero was thinking about :)

Hand 2: fold pre
Hand 1: fold harder pre

(also with only 2 players in action it should be very easy to reconstruct exactly how much should be in the pot - if you can find someone at the table who isn't hammered, that is. :unsure:)

Hand 1: Fold pre? done.
Hand 2: Fold Pre? It would take demonstrably terrible hole cards for me to fold pre in Double board anything. I have done it, i wasn't happy, but it has been done. If I'm sitting on a pair in the hole pre, all i'm ever going to do is call or raise.

My most basic rule -- at it applies to all poker variants, including BigO8 -- is to never put more of my chips in the pot after folding.

I'm thinking my right hand mentally detached from my brain and decided to keep betting, my right hand is a degen.

Actually this makes the most sense, as technically my right hand WAS playing blind.!

Hero looks down and sees that he has moved all his red chips into the pot prior to the river and now only had 25c and $1 chips in front of him. Hero vomits.
Wrong thread. Shouldn't this be in the thread about the player with dementia? ;)

Wrong thread. Shouldn't this be in the thread about the player with dementia? ;)
I didn't even understand it at first. It seemed so absurd, I figured I must be misunderstanding an inside joke or something.

I didn't even understand it at first. It seemed so absurd, I figured I must be misunderstanding an inside joke or something.
3269db62becfbf78a41affe0062f0b91--orioles-game-the-orioles.jpg

I wont name names but let's just say there were a couple of nut folds that night.

I will say, the guy who folded the nut flush top board and strongest hand bottom for a potential scoop is a real ASS. :sneaky:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom