Things that make you say hmmm... or ask why? (1 Viewer)

It’s not a pleasant thing to say, but just look at the prices of chips listed overseas. More often than not, they’re inflated, sometimes significantly so.
There is alot that has been said that is unpleasant in this thread. Cry me a River.

Why are so many posters here into collecting guns too? I'd be afraid to win money from any of you at a meet up.

I'm a second amendment supporter, but don't own any firearms myself, nor do I have a desire to.

I don't mean at all to cause a shit storm, just find it interesting.

Why are so many posters here into collecting guns too? I'd be afraid to win money from any of you at a meet up.

I'm a second amendment supporter, but don't own any firearms myself, nor do I have a desire to.

Owning guns ≠ violent

Now there’s fuel for an even better US vs. rest of the world debate... :)

That's a good one that makes some people say hmmm...

Now there’s fuel for an even better US vs. rest of the world debate... :)
It would be a great debate but please not here. Use the Politics section!

David O

Owning guns ≠ violent
Not at all. Never know when money and alcohol come into the mix though.

It's no offense at all to anyone here, but I don't know any of you even with electronic communications on here. How can I know that I won't be robbed on the way out of a game when 4 or even 5 figures are on the table and I take down a couple of big pots?

It's no offense at all to anyone here, but I don't know any of you even with electronic communications on here. How can I know that I won't be robbed on the way out of a game when 4 or even 5 figures are on the table and I take down a couple of big pots?
Completely agree 100%. To be fair, still nothing to do with owning guns though.

I see where you're coming from. All I have to say on the matter had been said :)
Same here. I see both sides for sure, but it's a debate that never gets anywhere. One of those topics that people dig in deep (on both sides) and hold their ground on the subject and no one even ends up listening to the other side anyways.

[/QUOTE
Owning guns ≠ violent
Isnt this the same as guns dont kill people?

Not entirely no. But not the place for this debate.
THANK YOU!!! Please do not debate it here. Take it to the Political section.

You have to love the green M&M!!!

Here's everything you want to know about Green M&M's and some reasons you might want to go green with your favorite candy this year. Green is the new pink. Sundays Quotes, Sunday Quotes Funny, Happy Quotes, Funny Sunday, Morning Quotes, Funny Quotes, Morning Humor, Humor Quotes, Green M&ms

I don't understand people using the term "Grail Set" in the classifieds. If it is truly a Grail Set, it is the last damn thing you are selling before getting out of the hobby. So FFS stop, it isn't going to make your chips worth any more.

Also don't understand why people confuse the term "Rare" with "Expensive". Rare means there are not many out there regardless if they come up for sale or not. There may not be as many as you want but that doesn't make it rare, it makes it limited. A great example of this is the Horseshoe $25K chips. There aren't enough for everyone to get as many as they'd like. There is a limited number, but they are not rare... just expensive.

When you need about 20-30 sugar free halls menthol per day just to keep a cough in control during conference calls. And it turns out sugar free halls have similar body effects to sugar free haribo gummy bears.

Not sure that's all that true, outside of a couple of members. Plenty of douches overpricing stuff in the US too.
Good and bad peeps everywhere!

Cant speak for across the world, but here chip prices seem high across the board compared to US. People pay the additional cost to have everything shipped over, and then pass that along (or even more).

I may be off, just going off what I see from clubpoker.net.

Good and bad peeps everywhere!

Cant speak for across the world, but here chip prices seem high across the board compared to US. People pay the additional cost to have everything shipped over, and then pass that along (or even more).

I may be off, just going off what I see from clubpoker.net.
I don't speak French so that doesn't count lol

Regarding artificially inflating chip prices to recoup shipping costs...doesn't this community often speak of market value, and the correct price being what someone is willing to pay? And if so, is the price really inflated artificially? Or are the chips (if sold) worth that price to the buyer?
Btw, these are real questions, not opinions phrased as questions. I'm not an economics guy...

Edit: I have never sold, so I'm not defending myself or anything. Just asking...

Here's an opinion, though: If I as a EU citizen buy from within the EU, I would completely expect that the price of shipping from the original US owner is added to the EU sellers price. A part of the value of EU chips is that they are located in the EU.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom