Things That Are Bullsh*t (6 Viewers)

I can tell you that as a buyer in Canada, I would never knowingly choose UPS. They have a sliding scale of brokerage fees based on the value of the package, and the rates are quite high. For example, lets say I purchase a small set of chips valued at $550 CDN. I'd pay $10 brokerage on any shipment greater than $20 CDN if using USPS/Canada Post, and that's all of the fees. For the same set of chips, I would have to pay UPS $68.50 in brokerage and a bond fee of 2.7% on any customs fees and taxes owed (or $6, whichever is higher...the breaking point is $223 in duties/taxes owed). So it's another $6 to UPS, as we have to pay sales tax.

For the exact same shipment
USPS/Canada Post = $10 in fees
UPS: $74.50 in fees

Click 30.36 unless the chips are to be declared and insured for more than $2500. Its easier and not too expensive depending on the chip value to process shipments of more expensive thru FedEx or UPS acting as your door to door importer/exporter and forwarder. Then the shipment can be shipped under a license exception code like NLR - No License Required and never has to leave the single supply chain. Usually a 2-3 day turnaround time from most locations done this way. Canada is fairly easy to deal with.

Thanks for the explanation!

Fans of the #3 team in the country storming the field when their team barely holds off an unranked squad to win by four at home.

Shipping costs to the UK
UK import tax
BREXIT
Not knowing whether to just increase my existing set or sell it and buy cheaper/more expensive chips and be done with it.

Grail chip haters!

2jbhlv.jpg

This site's about celebrating the awesome of poker chips, so get over it and put down the pitchforks/flaming torches already! :)(y) :thumbsup:

Paying for Amazon Prime and having every 3rd package take 10+ days to be delivered or get lost/delivered to the wrong city/state/address.

View attachment 224057

Hey Amazon, "Can you #$&1*@% feel it?" :mad::banghead::rage:

100% opposite experience with Amazon here. Frequently get packages the same day we order them. Amazon stops here so often I was debating if I should buy the Amazon driver a gift and forgo the mailman this year. :coffee:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom