The Second Official Faux Clay Nation thread! (1 Viewer)

1636039562569.jpeg

1636039576738.jpeg

Good memories!

Just found this thread. If anyone can break off a 10-chip shuffle stack for me, I don’t have these in my shuffle stack collection yet!

I regret selling mine. I had a weird love for them. Although they were light, they were colorful, had a nice texture, and fun to use in a game.
I do miss mine too. Really great chips. Imagine if that formula was on a better mold or even spotted. Wow.

Had no idea anyone was into these chips until I saw this thread. I have a rack of yellow and about 7 whites that I would be happy to pass along to someone for shipping plus any reasonable offer. LMK if intersted.

TS

5F1A5265-C6A8-45DA-8655-5735EC1F0BB5.jpeg

Had no idea anyone was into these chips until I saw this thread. I have a rack of yellow and about 7 whites that I would be happy to pass along to someone for shipping plus any reasonable offer. LMK if intersted.

TS

View attachment 1051746
@Tonysquander I’m just looking for 10 to add to my shuffle stack collection, but if you don’t want to break them off the rack I understand.

@Tonysquander I’m just looking for 10 to add to my shuffle stack collection, but if you don’t want to break them off the rack I understand.
DJ,

I likely would have but another member reached out overnight and made an offer on the whole batch so they are getting ready to head to Tampa. Will keep an eye out for more.

Dug these photos out for a different post, figured they'd be fun to add here to edumacate you newer folks on what us old skool chippers had to go through back in the day to get good quality, inexpensive chips. ;) :p:LOL: :laugh: Back before options like china clays and card molds, we had to COLOR our own chippies!

Dying faux clays (circa 2008)

IMG_2391.JPG
IMG_2393.JPG
IMG_2395.JPG
IMG_2396.JPG
IMG_2453.JPG
IMG_2457.JPG
IMG_2462.JPG
IMG_2464.JPG
IMG_2469.JPG
IMG_2473.JPG
IMG_2482.JPG

Dug these photos out for a different post, figured they'd be fun to add here to edumacate you newer folks on what us old skool chippers had to go through back in the day to get good quality, inexpensive chips. ;) :p:LOL: :laugh: Back before options like china clays and card molds, we had to COLOR our own chippies!

Dying faux clays (circa 2008)

View attachment 1052918View attachment 1052919View attachment 1052920View attachment 1052921View attachment 1052922View attachment 1052923View attachment 1052924View attachment 1052925View attachment 1052926View attachment 1052927View attachment 1052928

For like, what, 8 cents a chip, these really did stack great!

Still on the lookout for someone with an extra 10 of these collecting dust in their closet to send them my way for my shuffle stack collection!

There’s random racks out there. I use them as dummy’s when I’m really sending something else. @djfayze ive got a bunch I can send you some if you don’t have any by the 10th. I also use them to help center my stamping dies when hot stamping, they can take incredible amounts of heat before the stamp sticks. It never melts them, just grainiely sticks.

There’s random racks out there. I use them as dummy’s when I’m really sending something else. @djfayze ive got a bunch I can send you some if you don’t have any by the 10th. I also use them to help center my stamping dies when hot stamping, they can take incredible amounts of heat before the stamp sticks. It never melts them, just grainiely sticks.
I’d love that! Not in a hurry, just trying to be a completionist. I’ll shoot ya a message.

I would love to get my hands on a rack to test out customizing them with my laser engraving machine... This could be fun :unsure: Is there anyone who lazered them before and would exchange with me about experiences?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom