The Second Official Faux Clay Nation thread! (1 Viewer)

Captn_All_In

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Post your break down and pics so we can continue to celebrate the ULTIMATE HIGH QUALITY CHEAP CHIP!!!

Gotta double check my count... Then I'll update the OP...

IMG_20150724_140335297.jpg
IMG_20150724_140429888.jpg
IMG_20150724_140610150.jpg

Are those blue/white ones dyed into half-pies? Pretty cool, I haven't seen that before. The faux clays overall are before my time, though.

I was hoping you'd post some of your great faux clay pr0n here. Welcome to PCF, Captn. :)

Took some tournament stack shots today, going to spread a Tourney this Thursday night!! Not sure which stack I'll use yet...

T2500- the typical starting stack for quick tournies
IMG_20150927_172859420_HDR.jpg

T5K- I use this set up for League tournaments
IMG_20150927_173032101_HDR.jpg

T10K- a stack used on a weekend night
IMG_20150927_173744289_HDR.jpg

T50K- This might be what I spread for Thursdays game
IMG_20150927_174233271_HDR.jpg

Red Birds- I've used these a few times when I spread a Stud or Razz Tournament
IMG_20150927_180001458_HDR.jpg

Family shot!!
IMG_20150927_180024824_HDR.jpg

Pulled the chips out last night, because I had no idea how many I actually have. Poured a few fingers of whiskey and started stacking. They've only been used a few times, and as you can see, some never.

58In6Sb.jpg

cBo1ziC.jpg

Count came out to (not including a few stragglers up front):

Red: 400
Green: 400
Black: 500
Purple: 200
White: 100
Yellow: 120 dyed by the Capt himself I believe, back in the day
Grey: 400 and still in the shrink wrapping from when ordered

TOTAL: 2120 chips

I've always held onto these in hopes of running a large charity tourney someday. They haven't seen any use, and now that I have a tourney set of CPS chips, they're just collecting dust.

Dude that's a nice set!!! Mine are labeled and I remember a bunch of people labelling them years ago, but obviously haven't seen any sets in a while. Thanks for posting that pic!!! Was good to look around and see what is going on!!

Dude that's a nice set!!! Mine are labeled and I remember a bunch of people labelling them years ago, but obviously haven't seen any sets in a while. Thanks for posting that pic!!! Was good to look around and see what is going on!!

Actually the exact chips posted above me. Thanks @Richard Cranium lol

He actually sent me a couple of these to play with to get a feel of the labels without milling. Do you recall what labels you used for these things? They are a little more slick, but it seems like they would still stack and play well.

faux4-32.jpg

Nice chips :)

Cool table too, you going to epoxy fill it?

Thanks! I briefly considered it, but surprisingly the coffee table doesn't get used too often so the open holes haven't posed an issue yet.

Lasered is awesome.

Edit: want to dump some of those whites or blues? :D

You want Barrington Bronco chips? The blues and whites are all lasered. The whites lasered really good!

The whites look amazing when lasered. Especially when dyed from what I've seen. And appreciated, but no worries. Feels like blasphemy ruining the laser work. Going to add labels to these things and looking for some whites to dye. No luck yet.

Though I've found thousands of Faux Clays in online finds over the years, I only own 1 Faux Clay chip (a CCGTCC member chip for Greg Cagle, owner and operator :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: of Chiptalk). Having never put them in play, I always wondered, how do Faux Clays wear over time compared to the major China Clay lines?

From what I've read, they are pretty well known for being very durable. I got a ton of different samples and while a lot of the CC chips were nice - the feel, sound, stacking of the faux clay was just so much better to me. CC look great with those edge spots though.

View attachment 326874
Cash Set V1 and V2
View attachment 326875
Tourney Set
View attachment 326876
I prefer 1" labels because it hides the injection point

I declare you King of Faux Clay Nation! I just read your "build" thread and those turned out sooooo good!!

Anyway, I am resurrecting this thread because we have been playing with a set of (stock) faux clays in our cash game for probably over 10 years now (may be more....) and have been considering an upgrade to china clays.

Can anyone offer some insight on what I can expect from the newer china clays as compared to the mighty faux clays? I have some samples coming from Apache, just wondered if anyone has compared them directly.

I declare you King of Faux Clay Nation! I just read your "build" thread and those turned out sooooo good!!

Anyway, I am resurrecting this thread because we have been playing with a set of (stock) faux clays in our cash game for probably over 10 years now (may be more....) and have been considering an upgrade to china clays.

Can anyone offer some insight on what I can expect from the newer china clays as compared to the mighty faux clays? I have some samples coming from Apache, just wondered if anyone has compared them directly.
China clays main upgrade over faux clays is: looks & a recessed center for labels. They might also shuffle better fresh out of the box.

Faux clays stack waaaaaayyyyyyy better. It’s not even close. stacking, of course, is what got us all obsessed to begin with.

Faux clays sound has the faint “chalky echo” and its pitch is about halfway between a Paulson & ASM. China clays have a clay sound, lower pitched than a Paulson, but are short on that “chalky echo” as I call it.

china clays: better looking, better shuffling due to rounded edges
faux clays: better sound, way better stacking.

China clays main upgrade over faux clays is: looks & a recessed center for labels. They might also shuffle better fresh out of the box.

Faux clays stack waaaaaayyyyyyy better. It’s not even close. stacking, of course, is what got us all obsessed to begin with.

Faux clays sound has the faint “chalky echo” and its pitch is about halfway between a Paulson & ASM. China clays have a clay sound, lower pitched than a Paulson, but are short on that “chalky echo” as I call it.

china clays: better looking, better shuffling due to rounded edges
faux clays: better sound, way better stacking.

Thanks for that!

Just got my sample pack of 40 china clays from Apache yesterday and have been playing around with them ever since. I've put them side-by-side with the faux clays, and I have to disagree with you on the stacking. In my admittedly limited testing, the CCs seem to stack just as well, if not slightly better than, the faux clays. Of course, I only have 40 chips so I can't be certain, but I'm fairly impressed with the quality for now.

Thanks for that!

Just got my sample pack of 40 china clays from Apache yesterday and have been playing around with them ever since. I've put them side-by-side with the faux clays, and I have to disagree with you on the stacking. In my admittedly limited testing, the CCs seem to stack just as well, if not slightly better than, the faux clays. Of course, I only have 40 chips so I can't be certain, but I'm fairly impressed with the quality for now.
which chips are your referring to as "china clays"?

Are people still interested in buying the original Faux Clays or is that market dead these days?

Are some original colors worth more than others?

Trying to decide what to do with mine.

I was trying to put together a cheap set for very large tournaments but I am unlikely to host a large tournament again, sadly.

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 2.57.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-03 at 2.57.17 PM.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom