The Return of Av8tion - Poker as an Income Stream (2 Viewers)

Great way to start a new month! not...

I head over to Chan's to play some 1-3NLHE and redeem the 5 $100 chips I forgot to cash out last time I was there (I usually keep them in my pocket after I buy in initially as it's easier than reloading with a brush or running to a cage every time i get felted)

They are closed for the weekend and will reopen on Monday... jeez... that's the nail in the coffin for them isn't it? OK, we go down the street to the new place, Legends. The place is packed to the point where they have folding chairs and backup tables to accommodate all the players. I buy in and over the course of under 2 hours get completely destroyed like never before.... every major pot I played I lost in spectacular fashion. There was one hand I played and won where I hit top pair on the flop... bet... and everyone else folded... so I won $20... YAY!!

Other than that...

AAv88 shitload of limpers preflop.... 88 raises to 35 and I make it 100 on top... all fold he calls.. flop comes J-8-x... he checks... I shove (less than half-pot bet left) representing AK and he snap calls and shows the set... FML

I have QT and have top pair and river top two... guy hanging in the hand with a gutshot straight draw rivers a 3-outer straight... YAY!

I get to see a free(LOL) flop with K3o and flop top pair. I check, 1 better, couple calls... turn is another K... I check... better bets, everyone else folds, I'm all-in and he calls... with AK... sneaky bastard limped with AK and dished out maximum punishment... I can't even be mad at that.. it was a great creative play at my expense...

Back at it next week.. nothing to do but wait for the next chapter...

Time played: 2 hours

Total Time Played for December: 2 Hours

Result: $1,110

Total Win/Loss for December: $1,110

New Bankroll: $5,460

Hope you didn’t get burned by the failure of Chan’s room. Are you still playing?

I have $500 in black chips from the 88 club, and we'll find out this weekend if they're cashable or really expensive souvenirs... I haven't played in a card room for about a month due to my schedule... but I'm hoping to get a game or two in over the next week or two

Last update for a while I'm guessing...

The good news is that I was able to cash out the chan's 88 chips I've been stuck holding... the bad news is that the money went to the other players instead of back into the bankroll. I don't feel like I played that badly or that well... I just played and won small pots and lost big ones. It's gotten to the point where I don't really enjoy going to the table anymore. KK loses to flopped top pair runnering a miracle flush... AK hits top pair against AJ, but the AJ gets a flush when the board runs out spades... the usual bullshit... If the backer wants to continue at this point I'll keep going and try to grind it all back... but at this point I'm pretty sure we're both going to be of the opinion that it's probably best to stop the bleeding and let this all go for a while...

We've all been at this point multiple times in our poker journey... and I'm sure I'll be back at the tables at some point... but for now I think i'll be showing up at the occasional home game for low stakes until poker becomes fun again... because right now it isn't...

Time played: 7 hours

Total Time Played for January: 7 Hours

Result: $960

Total Win/Loss for December: $960

New Bankroll: $4,500

Last update for a while I'm guessing...

The good news is that I was able to cash out the chan's 88 chips I've been stuck holding... the bad news is that the money went to the other players instead of back into the bankroll. I don't feel like I played that badly or that well... I just played and won small pots and lost big ones. It's gotten to the point where I don't really enjoy going to the table anymore. KK loses to flopped top pair runnering a miracle flush... AK hits top pair against AJ, but the AJ gets a flush when the board runs out spades... the usual bullshit... If the backer wants to continue at this point I'll keep going and try to grind it all back... but at this point I'm pretty sure we're both going to be of the opinion that it's probably best to stop the bleeding and let this all go for a while...

We've all been at this point multiple times in our poker journey... and I'm sure I'll be back at the tables at some point... but for now I think i'll be showing up at the occasional home game for low stakes until poker becomes fun again... because right now it isn't...

Time played: 7 hours

Total Time Played for January: 7 Hours

Result: $960

Total Win/Loss for December: $960

New Bankroll: $4,500
GG - I think you have a good perspective on this. Come back to the game when it's fun again and you feel motivated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom