The Official Sports/Non Sports Card Pron Thread (3 Viewers)

Bought my first hobby box since probably 01’ish. 2022 Topps chrome update…
6F174BFD-FD19-4DCB-AE12-9EE0434903AC.jpeg
D9DA23EA-BB8E-4AEF-8DE9-2E076CC8D4CF.jpeg

:cool:love:

That’s it.
I have these, neither are the SP variation thoughView attachment 1019025
Thanks. I'm thinking of ordering one or two of these boxes. Hopefully I'll pull a few of the Pena cards, or even get the SP ones. If not, maybe we can do some swaps, if you're going to try and get the complete set.

It's been so long since I've been away from the hobby, Do you know what source will tell me what card is considered his "official" rookie card. I'm sure he probably had a card or two from earlier runs than this one since it's an update series.

Thanks. I'm thinking of ordering one or two of these boxes. Hopefully I'll pull a few of the Pena cards, or even get the SP ones. If not, maybe we can do some swaps, if you're going to try and get the complete set.

It's been so long since I've been away from the hobby, Do you know what source will tell me what card is considered his "official" rookie card. I'm sure he probably had a card or two from earlier runs than this one since it's an update series.
I believe Bowman to be the best RC. So I would consider 1st Bowman Chrome to be “official”.
Here’s one on eBay :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
F57CC30C-53A6-48E1-8F42-7FED0A3B07F0.jpeg

I believe Bowman to be the best RC. So I would consider 1st Bowman Chrome to be “official”.
Here’s one on eBay :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: View attachment 1019140
Perfect... I'll pick up a couple of them right away... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

So seriously, I did see this 2020 card (the regular one) on eBay and it does look like it is his first card. There's a lot of 12 of them going in an auction. I'm current high bidder at $73, but I'm assuming it will continue to go up higher.

Perfect... I'll pick up a couple of them right away... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

So seriously, I did see this 2020 card (the regular one) on eBay and it does look like it is his first card. There's a lot of 12 of them going in an auction. I'm current high bidder at $73, but I'm assuming it will continue to go up higher.
GL man! Bowman Chrome are great cards!

GL man! Bowman Chrome are great cards!
OK guys, one more dumb question.

Do the regular non-chrome cards come out at the same time as the Chrome, or do the chrome come out later. Thereby technically making the paper card the "real" rooking card??? Just trying to figure out which, if it matters, might be more desirable to collect.

For Pena, the regular paper card is BP-61 and the chrome is BCP-61. But to further confuse, there is also a BP-61 with a camo border. But not chrome.

I think when all these variations started coming out is when I started losing interest in the hobby 15 or so years ago... It's so confusing now.

Here's a few of what's left of my mediocre collection, nothing very special. I was into it during the early to mid 90s:

9UK8xn9.jpg

MCZrFZO.jpg

hAphP7W.jpg

qDtxtyy.jpg

I was going to get some of the best ones graded, very sure that I had some 9+ cards, but after scanning them in at a pretty hi-res, the edge and corner wear really becomes obvious.

Can’t believe I just found this thread! Used to have a huge collection in my teens (we won’t discuss how long ago that was) but it has been drastically cut down over the years. I now only have my HOF baseball RC collection left. I’ll have to get them out and post some pics. This is just one I had on my phone…

7F813538-20C5-4F59-B41A-4D0826DCC63C.jpeg

That's quite a range of years. Did you pull any of those early ones from packs, or collect from shows and other collectors?

I had a small box from my childhood that I got from my mom's house when my oldest son started getting interested in baseball in the very early 90s. Then we started buying and going to card shows together. I now have about 4 boxes in my closet, most of which I'll give to him one of these days. My collection was from 66-72. I see a couple there that I have. I had two of the Johnny Bench rookie cards. And that Munson card is a year 2 isn't it? I could swear I have his rookie, but thought it was a 70, not a 71. If that Reggie Jackson card is a rookie, then I missed him by one year. I have his 70 card.

That's quite a range of years. Did you pull any of those early ones from packs, or collect from shows and other collectors?

I had a small box from my childhood that I got from my mom's house when my oldest son started getting interested in baseball in the very early 90s. Then we started buying and going to card shows together. I now have about 4 boxes in my closet, most of which I'll give to him one of these days. My collection was from 66-72. I see a couple there that I have. I had two of the Johnny Bench rookie cards. And that Munson card is a year 2 isn't it? I could swear I have his rookie, but thought it was a 70, not a 71. If that Reggie Jackson card is a rookie, then I missed him by one year. I have his 70 card.
The Munson card is his second year you are correct. RC is 70. I’ve just always liked this card better… the Reggie is a RC though 69

I pulled some of the cards from the early 80s on from packs the others are from shows or local shops.

The Munson card is his second year you are correct. RC is 70. I’ve just always liked this card better… the Reggie is a RC though 69

I pulled some of the cards from the early 80s on from packs the others are from shows or local shops.
Reggie is my PC guy. PSA 6 is a great card!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom