The Official Sports/Non Sports Card Pron Thread (5 Viewers)

It's all about the grading too when it comes to prices. A gem mint 10 grade from PSA adds so much value to a card. They're pretty rare though, at least for vintage cards. It has to be flawless in every way pretty much. Even under magnification. A card that sells for $10,000 in a PSA 10 graded case might only sell for a few hundred if it's ungraded.

It's all about the grading too when it comes to prices. A gem mint 10 grade from PSA adds so much value to a card. They're pretty rare though, at least for vintage cards. It has to be flawless in every way pretty much. Even under magnification. A card that sells for $10,000 in a PSA 10 graded case might only sell for a few hundred if it's ungraded.
I think it's about scarcity and superstars. Gem mint 10's are a way of creating scarcity. Rare cards in poor grades will do it as well. At times autographs will also do this.

I think it's about scarcity and superstars. Gem mint 10's are a way of creating scarcity. Rare cards in poor grades will do it as well. At times autographs will also do this.

Good point. I have a 1952 Topps Jackie Robinson card that's in a PSA 1 slab. I picked it up for $400 about 18 months ago. Today, it's worth $3500+, so it's not just the PSA 10s that are blowing up, but rather scarcity and superstars. I invested a lot into cards in 2019 and pretty much stuck to hall of famers, modern superstars, and 5 or 6 of today's top prospects like Luka Doncic, Zion Williamson, Ronald Acuna Jr, Juan Soto and a couple others. Probably the best investment I ever made. Well, that or bitcoin.

Any other poor people collecting interests just for fun? My VCU players autos and patches display:

VCU.jpg

Has the market capped yet? I’ve been watching more stuff on cards lately and we got some collector investor dealers here.

Also looking for some vintage baseball. ‘69 Topps Reggie Jackson (raw or graded) to be exact
I’d love to talk some cards :)

Some of the modern stuff pulled back, some didn't. A lot of the vintage cards and bigger names are continuing to rise. I've got an autographed 69 Jackson for sale if that's of interest.

Man I bet that’s a beauty!
has hockey seen any kind of market increase? I know it’s been mostly basketball and football.
I’ve got some late 80’s early 90’s rookies of possible HOF.

Wow $20k.
I’ve got Lindros Federov Jagr etc. all raw.
Has the back log on grading increased or held? Last I saw was it’s still months up to a year

you can't even get stuff graded right now, they shutdown new submissions until Julyish unless you are submitting real expensive cards.

I found this in my old collection. The local card shop offered me $150. So I'm guessing it's worth more. I know prices are all over the place based on grading.

I'm willing to sell/trade for chips If anyone is interested.

Or some insight on grading so i can get top dollar. All i heard is that it takes months to a year and costs quite a bit.

Attachments

• 20210705_191759.jpg
    20210705_191759.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 155
  • 20210705_191808.jpg
    20210705_191808.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 161
I found this in my old collection. The local card shop offered me $150. So I'm guessing it's worth more. I know prices are all over the place based on grading.

Or some insight on grading so i can get top dollar. All i heard is that it takes months to a year and costs quite a bit.
corner doesn't look great. Probably a 6, maybe 7 on a good day.

6 is worth about 200-300

corner doesn't look great. Probably a 6, maybe 7 on a good day.

6 is worth about 200-300

This card is notorious for having surface issues as it's a foil card. It's extremely difficult to get a high grade on it. But getting it graded isn't really worth doing right now because most grading services are suspended due to a backlog of several million cards, and likely will continue to be suspended for at least another year or so. Really, the only cards worth grading right now are ones that are worth several thousand dollars.

That said, it's still a cool card that is very much in high demand. I think the card shop's offer is fair considering they are looking to resell it, but if you were to sell it on eBay, you'd get more than that. Although you'd also have to pay eBay fees and shipping costs, so that would eat into your profits.

I'd be interested in trading for it though. It's a rookie card of a great player and I don't have it, so I might as well trade you for it lol. Let me do some research first and I'll try to figure out a fair offer. PM coming.

This card is notorious for having surface issues as it's a foil card. It's extremely difficult to get a high grade on it. But getting it graded isn't really worth doing right now because most grading services are suspended due to a backlog of several million cards, and likely will continue to be suspended for at least another year or so. Really, the only cards worth grading right now are ones that are worth several thousand dollars.

That said, it's still a cool card that is very much in high demand. I think the card shop's offer is fair considering they are looking to resell it, but if you were to sell it on eBay, you'd get more than that. Although you'd also have to pay eBay fees and shipping costs, so that would eat into your profits.

I'd be interested in trading for it though. It's a rookie card of a great player and I don't have it, so I might as well trade you for it lol. Let me do some research first and I'll try to figure out a fair offer. PM coming.
Thank you for all the info.

Wow, those are like 15k per. You investing or collecting them?
A little bit of both. I actually have 2 more of them. I have 3 mint 9s, and a fourth one currently being graded at BGS. I think that one will probably come back as a 6. I'm planning to eventually send all of my SGC Jordans to PSA in hopes that they cross over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom