THE HOT SAUCE THREAD (2 Viewers)

Have you had the green sauce yet? I just ordered the fire roasted garlic and habanero, the green sauce and some habanero ketchup. It looked good and had good reviews
I use to make a green sauce that sounds like it should be similar. I haven’t made it in years. Yeah, getting lazy in my old age, lol! I might be a little off on measurements but here it goes;

- 5-6 tomatillos and remove the husks
- Boil the tomatillos (some people use them raw) slowly for about 20-25 minutes
- 4-6 Serrano peppers (depending on desired heat level)
- dice 1/2 of white onion
- a couple cloves of garlic
- 1/2 to 1 full avocado
- grab a small handful of cilantro) a little goes a long way)
- squeeze a little lemon
- salt to taste
- blend all of this up
- use the leftover water from the tomatillos to get the desired consistency

easy to make and tasty

One of the boys brought this in today!
20201208_130542.jpg

The lady I rent equipment from brought us Chick Fillet for lunch... 3 of us killed half the bottle! Good flavor!

I’ll have to pick up a bottle and give this a shot
I’ll have to pick up a bottle and give this a shot
I don't think it is rare, he grabbed it at the grocery store. But this guy loves hot sauce! usually we eat 357 Magnum at work! That has more heat but the flavor is ehh on the rough side!! I like piping hot, but usually on the really hot sauces the peppers don't taste very good. kind of has a burnt gross dirt taste to it. The one above is hot but also has that sweet tangy hint to it!! For the money I say worth a try!! Much better than many $10 bottles, I enjoyed this one!

Usually the heat is lost when they mix the Habanero Mango sauces. We ate it on food so I just grabbed the bottle for straight sauce tasting, this one still has the full bite and great flavor. Definitely worth ordering if not local... now I want to grab a couple bottles!! HAHA

We had uncharacteristically early freeze here in Texas which has brought my growing season to a halt. I'm trying to pick as much as I can! Most are going in the dehydrator.
50668957368_e3dbbf62d0_c.jpg

And I've started up the science lab for the early season ferments. A couple of tabasco style sauces on the go:
50672619773_9d0e810a66_c.jpg

I grew a new pepper called purple thunder this year - it's an unstable cross that a friend gave me. It has a stupid sharp immediate heat that dissipates quickly but hits your stomach so I made a sauce with blueberries and kept the bottle small.
50691328513_f9204829ea_c.jpg

We had uncharacteristically early freeze here in Texas which has brought my growing season to a halt. I'm trying to pick as much as I can! Most are going in the dehydrator.

And I've started up the science lab for the early season ferments. A couple of tabasco style sauces on the go:

I grew a new pepper called purple thunder this year - it's an unstable cross that a friend gave me. It has a stupid sharp immediate heat that dissipates quickly but hits your stomach so I made a sauce with blueberries and kept the bottle small.
Man I cant wait to try your collection!

@Darson it looks like you have this whole process (from growing the peppers & blending into a sauce) down to a science!

I make Jalapeno blueberry BBQ sauce that is pretty good. Probably nowhere near as good as your shit. If I haven't professed my love to you yet today, I love you!!!

Tom's sauce is absolutely amazing!

@Darson it looks like you have this whole process (from growing the peppers & blending into a sauce) down to a science!
Much like chipping, it's a rabbit hole to fall down. The PCF equivalent is "The Hot Pepper" where there are a bunch of pepper nerds who grow peppers and make sauces. The only good thing is that it's way cheaper than chipping!

I bottled one of the science experiments up last night and now I need to change the bottles. I tried putting some on some food and about quarter of one of the little bottles came out. This is scorpion pepper so I was crying for half an hour and had to down some ice cream. New bottles with dropper caps arriving next week!

I need to think of a name for this one...

57FF144E-B2A4-442B-92D0-1C1A47F5B85E.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve tried them all.

Berties Pepper Sauce from Trinidad is hands down the best I’ve ever had, and it isn’t even close. Amazing flavor and searing heat, but never overwhelms the flavor of the food. It is magical stuff.

View attachment 445227

Available in any Hudson Valley stores that you know of?

I go through tons of Sriracha but could use a change of paste, I mean pace.

This stuff is hot! It's basically 100% fermented scorpion pepper and vinegar. I'm still waiting on the dripper inserts for the small bottles so that it doesn't pour out and cause damage.

50726707018_65628a9678_c.jpg

This stuff is hot! It's basically 100% fermented scorpion pepper and vinegar. I'm still waiting on the dripper inserts for the small bottles so that it doesn't pour out and cause damage.

50726707018_65628a9678_c.jpg
Where can we buy this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom