THE HOT SAUCE THREAD (3 Viewers)

Time to get to work...
51700158171_e8d6e0daf1_c.jpg

Beautiful. What varieties are in your bounty?

Clockwise from 12:
Big Jim
Wiri Wiri & Jellybean (the small peppers in the separate bowl)
Clavo White F1 (unstable pepper that turned out yellow instead of white)
A mix of Thai, Sadabahar and Bangalore Whippets Tail
Clavo White F1 again (unstable pepper that turned out red instead of white)
In the center, Bahamian Goat and Yellow Biquinho

And the first of the 2021 sauces:
51701922875_0f128396fa_c.jpg

Very nice. Should be tasty... and hot. Your names and labels are great. I especially like the Not Sriracha label. I have a feeling someone might be a little surprised if they don't look carefully! ;)

Clockwise from 12:
Big Jim

Looks amazing! And I agree with DoubleBarrel, the labels are fantastic! How did you come up with Angry Goat Potato? There's a bar in my hometown called the Angry Goat Pub, they would get a kick out of this (pun?)

Looks amazing! And I agree with DoubleBarrel, the labels are fantastic! How did you come up with Angry Goat Potato? There's a bar in my hometown called the Angry Goat Pub, they would get a kick out of this (pun?)

The angry goat one is an experiment where I used potato in the recipe to thicken up the sauce. The peppers are Bahamian Goat which are Caribbean origin and very similar to habanero but with a much more intense flavour. When I was making the sauce, the pH was reading a bit high so I kept adding vinegar to get the pH down - it's likely the potato was acting as a buffer. Out the pan it was very sharp hence the angry. I was originally going to call it goat potato acid but angry seemed to flow better.

Clockwise from 12:
Big Jim

As I’m new to the hot sauce thread, do you have a website/store you sell your sauces? I love trying new things. I have no idea which one I would like though.

As I’m new to the hot sauce thread, do you have a website/store you sell your sauces? I love trying new things. I have no idea which one I would like though.
From my understanding you must attend a meet up, win a pot sweetener, or be the gracious recipient of an amazing gift in the mail. I've only ever seen them posted for sale (or perhaps it was a giveaway) on the forum once (maybe twice?) And they were claimed within seconds

From my understanding you must attend a meet up, win a pot sweetener, or be the gracious recipient of an amazing gift in the mail. I've only ever seen them posted for sale (or perhaps it was a giveaway) on the forum once (maybe twice?) And they were claimed within seconds
Bummer...thank you. Time to head to some meet ups. It’s on my list of things to do in 2022 as the couple I had planned this year fell thru.

Or create an awesome thread ;)

028336F0-B72B-4C2F-A983-C7FEFAE54484.jpeg
This is what I am handing out for Xmas for the folks that work directly under me and also for my players Thursday night.
My 3 favorites

I keep finding off-topic threads around the forums that are relevant to my interests. This is great.
Can further confirm the long-established quality of both Dirty Dicks and Secret Aardvark. Another brand I'm more than happy to recommend to people is literally anything from Queen's Majesty, and in particular their red habanero & black coffee sauce is incredible. It may seem questionable, and I'm not even a big coffee fan, but damn, it is A+. Speaking of, I'm due for a restock on literally everything mentioned here...
1640220136006.png

Ok, question for u hot sauce experts. If I wanted to get a gift for someone who likes hot sauce, what would a good gift be? Sampler maybe? Let me hear your thoughts!

Ok, question for u hot sauce experts. If I wanted to get a gift for someone who likes hot sauce, what would a good gift be? Sampler maybe? Let me hear your thoughts!
It depends on how geeky they are about hot sauces:

Not at all geeky, just like the hot stuff: get them a multipack of regular sauces.
For example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JBZBW5?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_296BQZ8QHCXCD1QNQ1DF

If they're somewhat geeky and you have the time, a nice gift would be a personalized bottle.
https://countrystore.tabasco.com/products/personalized-chef-bottle-set
https://countrystore.tabasco.com/products/tabasco-personalized-gallons

If they're uber geeky and watch people like ChilliChump, Paula Thomas and 7 pot club on YouTube the the obvious gift is a sauce or merch from once of these small batch celebrities.
https://chillichump.com/shop/
https://7potclub.threadless.com/
http://www.warrantmanpepperco.com/

Depends on guy but maybe All Taste Cholula Sampler

I had my parents get me a Fuego Box for my birthday one year. They have subscription boxes, but also one-off purchases of single bottles or variety packs. Very happy with the ones I got.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom