The Dugout (4 Viewers)

13 total for the tournament. A little light on the turnout, but still had fun.

Knocked out early. Had a really solid cash game get going once some players started getting knocked out.

A lot of tacos, and a lot of adult beverages were consumed. A major hit was the homemade churros from a local place for dessert.

The Barrel-aged Tiki Time Old Fashioned and Barrel-aged Maple Old Fashioned were huge hits for the adult beverages.

0CF5F729-88DB-4A7E-8E5F-48C8E361977A.jpeg
729AED2B-6372-407C-B821-6394AE881AD2.jpeg
3A4125AD-A602-4435-B9B6-4ABF7AA7D877.jpeg

I've been slacking in the updates.

Surprisingly, I've had a lot of time off for work this month, but the way my weekends have been, my off weekends haven't worked out with my regulars. Hopefully July works a little better,

A couple updates to my music room. I added a couple items and subtracted some stuff...

91254506-ACDD-4CD8-8B85-645D7E8787B6.jpeg
B0F4B62B-C509-4069-A40F-E6E14292FDE0.jpeg
AC43260F-3C78-4846-8CA5-6EAF752AB3CD.jpeg

So for the subtractions...

I currently have two orders pending at the DW factory in Oxnard, CA.

The big part of the order, is a custom set. Massive. 15 month waiting period. Initial ETA was 12 months, then 15. Just received an update that it is still at 15 months for delivery. ETA September.

The smaller of the orders was based off of the pictured set.

I bought this set as a 4 piece shell kit (for non drummers, this means it does not come with a snare, just the 4 drums - 2 toms, 1 floor tom, and the bass drum). I ordered a matching snare and smaller floor tom when I purchased it. I received notification from the factory that they were ready to build my matching snare and floor tom, so they requested I ship them a drum for color matching.

Long story short, one of the toms was subtracted and shipped to California for color matching, Super excited.

Dig seeing pics of the music room too. Very cool!

Hopefully the regular games pick back up. Probably, just that time of year when people are traveling and have stuff going on.

Additions.

The subtle addition, though the more important, is the set of bongos in the background. The bongos are a custom color and were shipped last week. This is a big deal, because there is also a set of congas being built with the same matching color scheme, that should be arriving in the next month.

For anyone not following this thread... These drums were ordered over a year ago, so this is exciting to finally start receiving some of the custom orders.

The other addition, is the drum pad. There was a lot of research and YouTube video watching by me, but I decided to jump in the multi drum pad pool. The band I play with will absolutely benefit from it, and I won't have to carry all the odds and ends to play at practice, or a gig (cowbells, congas, bongos, tambourines, timbales, cajon, maracas, etc.). Instead of carrying all the individual percussion instruments, they are all stored in the multi drum pad.

To be quite honest, for someone who has played only acoustic for my musical life, it's more complicated than the tax code on the capabilities, but I've been able to pick up info here and there.

Dig seeing pics of the music room too. Very cool!

Hopefully the regular games pick back up. Probably, just that time of year when people are traveling and have stuff going on.
Absolutely right.

I didn't realize it last year, but notice it now, that the summer slows the regular games down. Travel, summer stuff, and just general busyness decreases the regular games.

Hopefully my July or August (more likely) opens up.

Not sure I discussed it, but my tournament pictured above was a much lower turnout than expected. I have a feeling, if hosted in the fall, instead of late spring, it will have around double the turnout.

And more info on that current custom drum set with the September ETA.

I may have the opportunity to tour the factor while the set is getting completed.

If this is the case, and I can time my visit in September, I may fly into LAX and tour the factory, and then drive to Vegas for a long weekend, and then head home (Tours only on Thursdays).

For any musicians that follow this...

I was able to travel out to Ft. Wayne, IN and visit the home of Sweetwater. Unbelievable place. I got a tour from my sales guy and got to meet their drum guru, Nick D'Virgilio. Fantastic guy. Extremely friendly. The best way to describe Sweetwater, is the Amazon of music, and a retail store the size of Bass Pro Shops.

My trip was for the purpose of buying a big set of drum mics and a mixer. I have only set up the drums, no overheads yet, and their sound blows me away. A lot of fun to play with in-ears and be able to hear the drums.

An update.

I purchased a matching chip cabinet that I found out a couple days ago that it is in production already. Thank you @alecnetwoodworks.

More pictures of the music room to come shortly. I started preparing for the massive set that is on pace to be delivered in September.

Poker room, drum room, home gym …. You’re living my dream!

image.jpg

71069861924__5A4E9F63-3106-4766-B2D5-B6A3FF707D16.jpeg

Drums live in a storage unit, sadly. Your rig is nuts! That sample pad is something else.

Last edited:
Also, my 8/5 Poker night is sounding like it's going to be a solid group of players.

And always a solid spread. I'm deciding on what to serve. I did tacos last time. I'm leaning toward Italian.

Update to the music room.

There was a mistake on invoices and my drum set was not arriving at the store, but one of the snare drums. The good news is below.

The Cherry/Mahogany set is in the coloring department at DW, so it should be arriving sooner than the September ETA.

One of my final snare drum custom orders was delivered a couple days ago. Sounds fantastic.

Last edited:
The matching set Snare drum (Dirty Fish Tank) has arrived at the store today, so should be getting shipped out later this week. That leaves the last of the orders, the Cherry/Mahogany set.

And a new one...

I decided to order a DW Jazz Series. ETA - 5 months. Smaller bass drum. Matching snare. Really excited. This will be my gig set when it eventually happens.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom