The “Official”JeepologyOffroad HipHop thread (4 Viewers)

Add me to the crew. Heavy into rap n hip hop music since I was like 7 years old. Bad boy, cash money, no limit, dipset, g unit. Dad use to take me to all the hip hop car shows n let my older cousins bring me to the concerts. No way out/up in smoke/diplomatic immunity tour n the later Fabolous n Lox tours. G unit era. Em and Hov stadium tours. Hard knock life reunion era. When Rozay came on the scene with hustlin I remember hearing it on Sirius for the first time saying whoooo the f is this guy n been a big fan ever since. Cypress hill, Nelly, juicy j, dolph, nipsey, slim thug, Drake, Nas, Dmx. Current rap scene today I can’t really get down with it’s just 8 kids all named “baby” but just different sizes. Lil baby, big baby, medium sized baby, Da baby supersized baby n I think the original baby is somewhere cuddling with Toni Braxton…I can’t keep up.

I find that the folks I like that are active today tend to be less "rappers" and more so "artists" and "entertainers". It's a double edged sword, because I love their storytelling, creativity, and unique brand, yet that same artistic drive drive often leads them into exploring other avenues.

I'd love to get even more music from Cole. I wish I could get more music or an earlier release of the next season from Lil Dicky. I wish Mos Def would come back (Black Star is releasing a 2022). I wish we still had Mac Miller and he could be exploring what was sure to be various albums across genres. I wish Childish Gambino would go through another moody emo phase where he produced just some amazing nostalgic stuff for 90s kids (Flight of the Navigator anyone!?).

I find that the folks I like that are active today tend to be less "rappers" and more so "artists" and "entertainers". It's a double edged sword, because I love their storytelling, creativity, and unique brand, yet that same artistic drive drive often leads them into exploring other avenues.

I'd love to get even more music from Cole. I wish I could get more music or an earlier release of the next season from Lil Dicky. I wish Mos Def would come back (Black Star is releasing a 2022). I wish we still had Mac Miller and he could be exploring what was sure to be various albums across genres. I wish Childish Gambino would go through another moody emo phase where he produced just some amazing nostalgic stuff for 90s kids (Flight of the Navigator anyone!?).

I've been on Gambino since the beginning. Donald Glover is such an artist: actor, standup comedian, rapper. He can even sing pretty well.

I miss Mac Miller. His early stuff was great, but Swimming and Circles are masterpieces. I go to those albums when I'm in that mood.

Last edited:
I've been on Gambino since the beginning. Donald Glover is such an artist: actor, standup comedian, rapper. He can even sing pretty well.

I miss Mac Miller. he early stuff was great, but Swimming and Circles are masterpieces. I go to those albums when I'm in that mood.
Yup. What's funny is that if Glover was just doing music, none of it ever would have been nearly as good. If Mac wasn't horribly distressed and someone in a place doing things that might end his life, he definitely wouldn't have been able to pull from that and create what he did.

I mean I guess that's pretty common theme amongst creative types, but the most well known examples (like Cobain) we're either outside my circle or are historical to me (I was 5 at Cobain's passing).

His Tiny Desk concert is one of my favorites.

Also, +1 for Donald Glover, insane talent all around. Still need to check out Atlanta.
Love this! Lol didn't know him personally obviously and didn't see too too much of him out and about, but damn if he and everyone around him didn't always seem authentic and genuinely enjoying each other.

I've listened to this sooo many times. Such a good mixtape. Written/Recorded when Joey was only 17 years old.. still in high school. Just crazy to think that he was that good then. He just dropped 2000, his first studio album in 5 years and that's incredible too. Well worth a listen. One of these guys that still loves the 90s style boom bap beats and all about having fun, but at the same time can get into specifics of telling a story.

Probably going to spend the day listening to Big L. Take a dive into his discography because I haven't done that yet. Really really enjoy all the songs I've heard from him so let's begin with this!

I went to The Beastie Boys exhibit yesterday. It was really cool seeing where songs had materialized on paper and what changes were made. I was lucky enough to see them many times. I miss MCA.

20230113_134937.jpg
20230113_135751.jpg

I went to The Beastie Boys exhibit yesterday. It was really cool seeing where songs had materialized on paper and what changes were made. I was lucky enough to see them many times. I miss MCA.

View attachment 1058450View attachment 1058451
One band I really regret not going to see when I could. Watched the documentary on Apple TV and thought it was really good. Still love their music. My wife does not :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom