Table kickstand (1 Viewer)

tooth_doc

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have seen table with kickstands. (@Chanman tables I think)
Any pictures/advice on how to do this. If this is a 'trade secret' I apologize.
I'm just finishing 2 tables. Will have photos when done.
Thanks again in advance and have a great weekend.
Charlie

Last edited:
No big secret. I don't have the plans in front of me, but they're about 4" wide, 8" long, curved on one and and cut on an angle with the edges broken.

Pocket hole half way deep into the bottom for a washer and a nut. From the bottom to top: Nut, washer, kickstand, washer, table, washer, bolt head.

Cut a slightly larger than 1/2" diameter hole in the base sheet to accept the 1/2" bolt. Countersink a larger hole in the underside of the rail so that the bolt head and washer don't prevent the rail from sitting flush onto the base. The bolt should be 1-1/2" long. When you drill the hole into the table, just make sure the kickstands protrude past the edge of the rail.

Ideally, use a nyloc nut so that it doesn't come loose over time. TIghten the nut with the rail off until it's snug and the kickstands are hard to rotate by hand.

Cut a scrap piece of plywood as a stopper.

Here's an old photo. These have preserved the vinyl of my tables for much longer than they would have normally lasted since I move them around all the time in and out of trailers, elevators, up/down stairs, fire escapes, hallways, etc.

1694926626162.png

No big secret. I don't have the plans in front of me, but they're about 4" wide, 8" long, curved on one and and cut on an angle with the edges broken.

Pocket hole half way deep into the bottom for a washer and a nut. From the bottom to top: Nut, washer, kickstand, washer, table, washer, bolt head.

Cut a slightly larger than 1/2" diameter hole in the base sheet to accept the 1/2" bolt. Countersink a larger hole in the underside of the rail so that the bolt head and washer don't prevent the rail from sitting flush onto the base. The bolt should be 1-1/2" long. When you drill the hole into the table, just make sure the kickstands protrude past the edge of the rail.

Ideally, use a nyloc nut so that it doesn't come loose over time. TIghten the nut with the rail off until it's snug and the kickstands are hard to rotate by hand.

Cut a scrap piece of plywood as a stopper.

Here's an old photo. These have preserved the vinyl of my tables for much longer than they would have normally lasted since I move them around all the time in and out of trailers, elevators, up/down stairs, fire escapes, hallways, etc.

View attachment 1196427
Awesome info!! I'll give it a try.
Thanks again.

I also have them for sale as a kit for anyone who don't want to tackle it themselves. $25/pair which includes all the hardware.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom