T25 base: do you ever use a T25,000? (4 Viewers)

If say someone has a T25 set already with the largest chip being T5,000 and wanted to add a 25,000, what would be some good arguments to add a T25,000 chip?

if it looks like this...

If you're going to get a Horseshoe 25k chips (for a $1/chip :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:) at least get the good looking one.

View attachment 283873

I have both.. and they are great looking chips, but the primary is undeniably the better looking one.. in fact, it is the nicest looking Horseshoe Cle/Cin chip period
... it's science, don't question it.

The earliest set I've bought did not have top-end chips big enough to handle the growth to the game. This led me to add-ons. Since then I have always gotten one bigger denom than I thought I needed. Better to have and not need...

That said, in my CPC set, the "nicest" chip (Level 9 at a time that there was no level 9) is the T5000, because it would hit the table every game. The T25,000s have occasionally hit the table though, so I am glad I have them.

My basic rule for putting out the top-end chips is that there have to be at least 3 hitting the table before I put one out. A single T25k popping up during colorups may be easily missed by a less observant player, or "hidden" by one of those people that put big chips at the bottom of a stack. We try to remind players to keep big chips "up front, on top", but since many cardrooms and even more home games permit a single T25000 to sit at the bottom of a barrel of smaller chips, it is an uphill battle to fight.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom