T25 base: do you ever use a T25,000? (1 Viewer)

Beakertwang

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
I keep thinking that adding a T25K chip would be cool. However, if I ran a 40-player tourney with T20,000 starting stacks, and had 10 rebuys (ridiculous notion for me at the moment, but I can dream), a single barrel of T25K would be half the chips in play. In that case, a barrel or two would make sense, but for a T10,000 game, even with 30 players or more, they would be practically nothing more than a novelty.

Do you use 25K's in your game?

If I want to add another color chip, should I just go with T10,000?

My STT set has 25ks in them but are rarely used. I run very very deep stack tourneys (500bb) and the only times whenbi used the 25k is when there are an abnormal amount of rebuys and there's a lot of chips on the table towards the end. I probably don't need them but the more chips the better right

My STT set has 25ks in them but are rarely used. I run very very deep stack tourneys (500bb) and the only times whenbi used the 25k is when there are an abnormal amount of rebuys and there's a lot of chips on the table towards the end. I probably don't need them but the more chips the better right

I’ve never played a tournament in my life but these deep stack ones must be pretty fun.

I run a T10k tourney and the biggest denom I use is T5k. I can’t see why you’d ever need a T25k chip but if you’re anything like me you’ve probably already ordered a rack or two in the short time since you started this thread :LOL: :laugh:

So I run a lot of different combinations with some very deep stacks, my custom set uses really high denoms T5K through to T20M but if you divide by 1000 you are essentially playing T5 - T20k.

I use a handful of T20M (T20k equivalent) with a T25k (T25 equivalent) when I play my single table (10 player) T20M with included T20M rebuy/addon tournament. Definitely a novelty but more chips is always better.

For my 10k stacks, I only get them in play when I have more than 32-35 buy ins. If we start with 25k stacks, and a 25/50 level, yes.

I run 20-30 person tournaments with T10K starting + rebuys. I haven't gotten the T25ks in play yet, but I'm happy to have a barrel in my set just in case.

I provided by CDI98s for a 40-person T10K tournament a few weeks ago. Just about everybody topped up an additional 5K, and there were at least a dozen rebuys. By the time it got down to the final 6, only the 500s, 1000s, and 5000s were in play and the stacks were still massive. A barrel of T25K would have helped a bit. Or maybe a small stack of plaques. I think the final blinds were 5K/10K.

No more than 8 players for when we do t10k. If it lasts long enough to color up 500’s I’ll put out a couple of 25k’s to the big stack to let him show off... or to paint a bullseye on his head, depending on how you look at it... :D

Really only need the 5k’s tho.

My employer runs 10k/12k rebuy tournaments on Tuesdays/Thursdays. The Tuesday tournament has at least 4 rebuys per player and the Thursday tournament has at least 3 rebuys per player. With over 100 players on Tuesday, the dark blue T25k chips are introduced at the end of the rebuy period due to millions of chips in play. Because they are too similar in color to the black T100 and purple T500, many players prefer that the T25k chips not be introduced until the T100 and T500 are raced off.

25k chips are nice to have with over 1 million in play and are only really mandatory with over 5 million in play, maybe less

You could always add a barrel or two of them and occasionally host a double/triple stack freeze out?

Yes, plaques (Nevada Jacks)

they would be practically nothing more than a novelty.
You typed that as if it was something bad...? ;)

If I want to add another color chip, should I just go with T10,000?
I wouldn't, because that would reduce the usage of the 5k, turning it from being the top chip to being the 10k's side kick, but that'sjust me.

I think you need to have at least 400k in play before they become useful.

At the final table, I like to give the chip leader a 25k plaque, which is more of a statement than for practical reasons. I wouldn't do this with 25k chips, it would have to be plaques or perhaps over sized chips.

When 3 or 4 left we usually have one or two dedicated dealers, which means there are a lot of hands but also a lot of tanking and chip counting. To help with the counting, I usually remove a lot of the smaller denom chips and introduce more plaques, this time for practical reasons. Example: 20k freezout with 20 players, 400k in play. At this stage I might have about 100 1k, 40 5k, and 4 plaques in play, give or take. Heads up I might remove another 50 1k for 2 more plaques.

It depends on the players as well, some like MOAR chips and some like manageable, efficient stacks, I try to oblige.

Doesn’t matter the initial blind level, just look at total chips in play.

Anything below 400k total chips and the 25000 is out of place. Anything above 800k and you probably wish you had some when it gets towards the end. That middle ground is personal preference

Yet another thread proposing the idea of buying less chips/denomination just because it's more efficient/economical, bah.... this is becoming a very disturbing trend on these forums. :cautious:

Of course you need 25k's (& 100k's, 500k's, etc... How the heck are you going to ever play a T200k deep stack tournament???? :unsure:

I'm not sure what forum I'm on anymore. ;)

:p

@TheBigTater, I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone. :D

This started when I was thinking about grabbing a barrel of white Majestics to label as 25K's to go with my 2-table set. But then, I started adding up all the chips in my set, and came up with about 400,000 total. I suppose a handful of 25K plaques might be fun for this set, but definitely not necessary.

@TheBigTater, I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone. :D

This started when I was thinking about grabbing a barrel of white Majestics to label as 25K's to go with my 2-table set. But then, I started adding up all the chips in my set, and came up with about 400,000 total. I suppose a handful of 25K plaques might be fun for this set, but definitely not necessary.

There you go again... "not necessary"... what has happened around here? :p

My game is a T25000 with no T25's and It runs 1 - 2 tables. At the end, I might use a few T25,000's but it really isn't necessary. Unless you have a bunch of full tables and starting with T25's, I can't see the need for them.

I’ve hosted 50+ T10k tournaments, generally with 12-25 entries including rebuys, and never needed T25k chips. A lot of times with smaller fields I never even use the 5k’s, except for maybe putting a handful in play to color up short-handed at the end. I got some 25k’s in my custom set, and to get them in play at my next big tournament we’ll be playing T45k stacks. But that also means I won’t be putting the T25’s in play. We’ll start at 100/200.

T5k is the smallest chip on the table at our annual Super High Roller game. Starting stacks ~T2MM. Some fun chips see play that night, that rarely get played at any other event!

T1MM.jpg

No more than 8 players for when we do t10k. If it lasts long enough to color up 500’s I’ll put out a couple of 25k’s to the big stack to let him show off... or to paint a bullseye on his head, depending on how you look at it... :D

Really only need the 5k’s tho.
With only 80k on the table, i’d Think the 25k would be a pain to deal with.

I keep thinking that adding a T25K chip would be cool. However, if I ran a 40-player tourney with T20,000 starting stacks, and had 10 rebuys (ridiculous notion for me at the moment, but I can dream), a single barrel of T25K would be half the chips in play. In that case, a barrel or two would make sense, but for a T10,000 game, even with 30 players or more, they would be practically nothing more than a novelty.

Depends on the total number of players and total chips in play. T5,000s work just fine as the highest denom for my T10,000 and T20,000 tournaments.

But I'll definitely be using a T25,000 chip with a T25 base for my Deepstack event. My Annual BBQ tournament is tomorrow, and we have 30 players signed up with a starting stack of 50,000. Breakdown is 12, 12, 5, 6, 3, and one T25,000 chip per person (pic below). With on-time bonus chips I anticipate more than 1,500,000 chips in play at tourney start, and that's before any rebuys. So the T25k chips will definitely come into play in the later levels.

FWIW, first level is 50/100.

I anticipate more than 1,500,000 chips in play at tourney start, and that's before any rebuys. So the T25k chips will definitely come into play in the later levels.

FWIW, first level is 50/100.

View attachment 283817

Drool.... I'm building my first set of those beautiful hotstamps now.

12 of the 25/100. I like it. I prefer 12/12/5/6 to 8/8/4/7.

Last edited:
I'm with @Frogzilla on this one. Finishing the tourney with more than one rack of the highest denom is kinda of the limit for me. More than that and it's too cumbersome. That means 500K in chips using only 5Ks. Assuming the tourney will not end too much past 20bb total in play, that would mean 25K-ish as bb, kinda already too much having 4+ chips as bb imo. So I would say if one has more than 500K in play, I'd think a few (or more) T25ks are welcomed (but only put in play close to the end). For tournaments, differently that cash, I do not care to have a mountain of chips on the table. Too much wasted time when time is of the essence.

In some of my league tourneys I end the game with only T10Ks in play, having my last level at 10K/20K. I usually have something between 300K and 400K in play. And yes, I more often than not use the T2K/T10K sets. When I use the T1K/T5K sets, I finish the game with all T5Ks, but I'm always south of the threshold of 500K.

*Comment above assumes no antes, otherwise one would need smaller denoms on the table.

If say someone has a T25 set already with the largest chip being T5,000 and wanted to add a 25,000, what would be some good arguments to add a T25,000 chip?

Omar chips is enough for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom