Super Bowl point spread - what does Vegas know? (1 Viewer)

Patriots deserve a ton of credit for doing everything they had to do in the second half to win the game. But without the Falcons/Shanahan mistakes, even the Patriots best would not have been enough.
I wouldn't argue with that. I'm just saying that how many other teams could have taken advantage of the Falcons terrible second half coaching, and made that comeback?
Maybe a healthy Packers/Rodgers team. That's about it.

I wouldn't argue with that. I'm just saying that how many other teams could have taken advantage of the Falcons terrible second half coaching, and made that comeback?
Maybe a healthy Packers/Rodgers team. That's about it.

I was going to edit my comment to make that exact point.

I'm not sure there are any teams that would have won that game yesterday after being down by 25 in the 3rd quarter. Even a healthy Packers team. The Patriots needed to be nearly perfect down the stretch, and they were. My only point was that in addition to being perfect down the stretch, they also needed a little help from the Falcons in terms of making poor decisions with regard to putting the game away.

HAH spoken like a true pats fan. How about a team that runs the ball 4 times after you're leading 28-3 in the 2nd half. How about throwing the ball on 2nd down from the 22 yard line when you can just kick the field goal (go ahead and kick it on 2nd down???) and seal the game. It was playcalling on Atlanta's side, patriots had blown this game in the first 3 quarters.
Nobody has ever come back from a deficit of more than 10 points in the Super Bowl. The patriots just came back from 25 points down, and you don't want to give them ANY credit for that?

But congrats, 2nd super bowl patriots have been handed in the last few years:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
hahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah.

this game went both ways. The Falcons definitely blew it, but the pats still needed to pull some out of their ass for the win. I dont think that constitutes being given the game

43/62 466 yards passing

40 mins of game possession

yup given to us

I give Brady all the credit in the world, he's first class and perhaps the best QB ever. But he's not the reason they won this game, Kyle Shanahan is plain and simple. I know teens who just started playing Madden who could have closed that game out better.

Don't forget, the Falcons were caught cheating in 2014, penalized $ and draft picks. But, since they are the Falcons, and they hadn't won much before this year, it wasn't a big deal.

in 2014, the Vikings and Raiders put footballs in warm humidors during a freezing cold game to change the pressure and kept them softer. They were just told "don't do it again".

Yes, as a pats fan, it does get a little old having the team you support constantly called cheaters. What doesn't get old though, seeing the Lombardi trophy hoisted for the 5th time in the Belichick/Brady era.

I've been a Pats fan from MD for 30+ years. MD is not the place for a pats fan, and Ravens fans can be complete asses about football. At the end of the day though, The pats don't pay me for my support, and I don't lose a wink of sleep over anything that happens. It is nice to have teams to support and cheer for. One day, this dynasty will end, and the pats will be mere mortals again. Until then, I'll enjoy it all.

I give Brady all the credit in the world, he's first class and perhaps the best QB ever. But he's not the reason they won this game, Kyle Shanahan is plain and simple. I know teens who just started playing Madden who could have closed that game out better.
Trolls gonna troll :coffee:

7- legend672
8- Guinness
9- Ssanel54
0- Ronoh
1- PAZ
2- 72o
3- Kirchausen
4- links-slayer
5- biscohead
6- Keith the butcher

Those should be the official numbers. Again, wait for commish to verify.

$50 Kentucky derby pool ? 20 members @$50 each
$1000 to the winner. Blind draw for post positions

You can't win it , if you're not in it

$50 Kentucky derby pool ? 20 members @$50 each
$1000 to the winner. Blind draw for post positions

You can't win it , if you're not in it
Don't know what the definition of blind draw is... I'm in as long as the draw is tied to a lotto or something (can do it the same way as was done for the Super Bowl, just have two sets of 0-9, final digit being odd or even determines which set is used)

While this thread is resurrected, let me add that we had them all the way. Suck it, Vegas!

Reactions: 72o
IMG_0237.JPG

10 guys@ $100 each winner take all $1000
....everyone gets A number...0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9
Final score of the super bowl. Add both scores. Say it's 45-13 pats.....58 points, if you have number 8 you win. No rake/ true odds. Will list the 10 names, then the numbers will be determined by the Saturday night Massachusetts lottery number. Whichever is the lead (first) number will go next to the first name and so forth.
So far....
1-Legend 672
2-Guinness
3-Ssanel54
4-Ronoh
5-PAZ
6-72o
7-Kirchausen
8-links-slayer
9-biscohead
10- Keith the butcher

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom