Strange discoloration. UV dye? (1 Viewer)

DirtyTIVA

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t play my IHC set often. The last time I did I noticed there was some “residue” on the chips of varying degrees. I thought they were just dirty from shuffling or something.

1701753393463.jpeg

Turns out it doesn’t come off with oxyclean or detergent. Magic eraser only. And it’s only one spot. The rest of the chip is spotless. They’re starting off as sharp secondaries.

1701753467964.jpeg

1701753485255.jpeg

1701753502222.jpeg

This yellow stuff is only present on the one spot. It’s not the blaze color.

I think it’s a UV security spot. Can anyone confirm this chip has that feature on the light spot? @greenchip

If so has anyone ever seen that dye discolor like this? I recall the HSI sec $25s had a lot of UV dye that came off on peoples’ hands.

Use eraser (plastic rubber eraser) we used back in school along with pencil.

I’m serious, they’ll come off better than magic eraser on HSI sec $2.50, Paris $2, and Tunica roadhouse $500.

My HS Cinci sec $1k didn’t have them, but some of my IG pri $25k are yellowed on edgespots.

No, not by the security dot

wow, never seen that happen on that color, just that light pink color

Nothing works at taking that off to the best of my knowledge. Even if you can get it clean enough for the naked eye, it will still be apparent under UV light. Seems like it affects a lot of the bright colors like green, pink, orange, etc.

I really don’t think it’s “rust” but rather something having to do with the formula itself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom