St Joe's chips - scammed by @5aces (9 Viewers)

He already had a rack in the same condition for weeks at home and desperately wanted to have my last rack, although I did not want to sell it. I finally sold it to him because he offered/accepted a high price for it. Is that a crime? Then please close the classifieds section.

EDIT: Actually, I did not want to write anything, but it makes me angry to see how carelessly some react without knowing or considering the context. I have definitely not concealed the condition of any inexperienced member!
you scam me and you see yourself as the victim. what is wrong with you?

the first rack has no single cracks. I could post videos and photos in macro easily

He already had a rack in the same condition for weeks at home
The first rack has no cracks. and he told me the second rack has a better condition
our deal based on an earlier deal of a first undamaged rack of the same chips
the first rack has no single cracks. I could post videos and photos in macro easily
@DerberAlter -- okay, let's see the pics of the first rack. To prove it's the first rack, please post pics of both racks together showing condition of each.

Just received the package from @5aces

I expected to get chips in a very good condtion, for 3€/chip, but the chips have cracks! all of them!

View attachment 293928

View attachment 293929

View attachment 293931

I wrote @5aces that I don't accept this condition and I want to undo the deal, because he never told me with word or pictures about the conditon, but he rejected me instantly. I feel like I got scammed.

Some months ago, I already bought a rack of the same chips from him, for less money, but the first rack had no cracks at all.

Let's see if we can find a solution.

EDIT: should go in the mail pr0n thread. mixed both up ^^
They could brake in transport. I had a similar problem with nexgen chips and they are rather solid.

by the way: I'm fine with making all of the private conversation between @5aces and me public (and translated into english by someone neutral)

Last edited:
Seems pretty conclusive. And there is a logical assumption that a second rack of chips from the same seller, which you paid MORE for would be in the same condition or better unless implicitly specified.

100% agree. Based on the video, no more evidence is needed. Plus, if this is true: "he told me the second rack has a better condition," then it's even worse. Plus, 5aces keeps claiming (and emphasizing that) the second rack was in the "same" condition - this is clearly not the case. Even without these second points, the buyer is allowed to assume the second rack will be in at least the same condition or very close to it absent a statement from the seller to the contrary.

F5A3B8D9-D051-4B04-B96D-BDD639A7808D.gif

Could it be a chance that the chips got damaged during shipping? Is there any photos of how they were packed? Or was it confirmed that the chips were indeed cracked prior to being packed up

Could it be a chance that the chips got damaged during shipping? Is there any photos of how they were packed? Or was it confirmed that the chips were indeed cracked prior to being packed up

It is certainly possible but having owned a bunch of these before, I can attest to the fact those cracks are common on most of these chips.

I have no dog in this fight but it just seems right to refund this (perhaps even minus the cost of shipping) and move on. Buyer was paying premium for chips he expected to be better but got something clearly worse. I don’t believe anyone is scamming or extorting the other but can’t the parties make this easy by undoing the transaction?

If I am off-base then I apologize.

I have no dog in this fight but it just seems right to refund this (perhaps even minus the cost of shipping) and move on. Buyer was paying premium for chips he expected to be better but got something clearly worse. I don’t believe anyone is scamming or extorting the other but can’t the parties make this easy by undoing the transaction?

If I am off base then I apologize.
After receiving the chips I offered him exactly this option (undo the deal and I pay shipping) together with a friendly message and good pictures. I also offered him the option to reduce the price in case he don’t want them back.
He denided and to this moment he has no argument for his behavior

Yes, please. With the information available I can't see an intentional scam here. But the appropriate behavior would be a refund - especially in a community as friendly and supportive as this one!

Sad story.
IMHO, reverse the deal and withdraw any comments, so that both sides can go home unharmed.

Living and reading in this forum for more than a year, I tend to believe and dare say that overpriced used Paulsons are dangerous to one's emotional health and sanity.
Brand-new CPCs are the recipe to value for money, and, ultimately, to care-free, acute happiness.:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom