Sports Trash Talk (3 Viewers)

RDT_20240325_0859237474691701970642591.jpg

This game is living up to the hype! Each team led by 8 pts at one point.

LET’S GO HAWKS!!!
1712017025275.png

Fee fi fo fum do I fuckin hate the Astros

Can’t lie though, very happy to see they kept Blanco in. Manfred should be drawn and quartered for what he’s done to the game* (specifically pitching), so at this point I get excited to see a CG.

*(If I saw Manfred on fire right now, most I’d to to help is piss on him.)

I have to admit, my BP rose a bit when CC fouled on that late 3.
Yeah, even she can make a mistake now and then.

So I just finished watching a lot of the UC / SC game. I was not that impressed with UConn. Honestly, I think LSu is a better team. So we just need the same kind of team effort. Affolter and Martin were balling it tonight, and O'Grady played well in some critical minutes when Stuelke was in foul trouble. Have you heard any local chatter on Molly? Any chance she'll be able to play this weekend?

Yeah, even she can make a mistake now and then.

So I just finished watching a lot of the UC / SC game. I was not that impressed with UConn. Honestly, I think LSu is a better team. So we just need the same kind of team effort. Affolter and Martin were balling it tonight, and O'Grady played well in some critical minutes when Stuelke was in foul trouble. Have you heard any local chatter on Molly? Any chance she'll be able to play this weekend?
I thought O’Grady was fantastic defensively against Reese. She’s just a lot bigger and stronger than Stuelke.

Haven’t heard about Molly yet. Frankly, I don’t miss her much, other than she’s the only ball handler I trust in traffic besides CC.

I thought O’Grady was fantastic defensively against Reese. She’s just a lot bigger and stronger than Stuelke.

Haven’t heard about Molly yet. Frankly, I don’t miss her much, other than she’s the only ball handler I trust in traffic besides CC.
Agreed on both points. You would think that Marshall being the smallest player in the current starting lineup would be a ball handler, but she's not. You can almost see the fear in her eyes whenever she is forced into dribbling.

UCONN got straight up robbed. NCAA clearly wanted a Clark/ SC final.

It was all due to Gematria. You thought you had defeated Gematria, but it resurrected itself. All controlled by a star player, Caitlin Clark.

LOL … I’ll just leave this here. And you don’t even get to see the extended elbow on the moving screen from this angle.
View attachment 1306190
TBH, I don’t think the other angle looks all that bad. The elbow almost looks ticky tacky on its own. This angle with her stance tells the bulk of the story

Anyone okay with that call to decide the game is not a fan of sports.

10, 13, 15 years of grinding. Early mornings, long drives, financial commitments, injuries, grueling workouts. For several young women that was the last game of their “career”. Thousands of minutes, days, hours spent to reach the crescendo of….a whistle.

Can’t make that call there.

TBH, I don’t think the other angle looks all that bad. The elbow almost looks ticky tacky on its own. This angle with her stance tells the bulk of the story
Exactly. I never saw this angle until this morning. The screen turned into a lunge when the UCONN player realized the Iowa defender was going to beat her around the pick. Watch the replay knowing this lunge is there, and it’s an easy call.

Last edited:
Anyone okay with that call to decide the game is not a fan of sports.

10, 13, 15 years of grinding. Early mornings, long drives, financial commitments, injuries, grueling workouts. For several young women that was the last game of their “career”. Thousands of minutes, days, hours spent to reach the crescendo of….a whistle.

Can’t make that call there.
So if it’s a blatant illegal screen and Paige drains a game winning jumper because she’s wide open from the pick, you’re cool with that? So instead of the team that sets the illegal pick having their season end, it’s the team that got screwed when the ref swallows his whistle has their season end? It’s a tough way to end the season for either team. But for the talking heads at ESPN with heavy UCONN bias to say the call sucked in the post-game chatter is just wrong.

That said, as soon as the call was made, I told my wife and daughter, “that looks like a good call, but refs hardly ever call it.”

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom