split spots on Diamond Square mold from CPC? (1 Viewer)

Long Live CPC!
ATHENIAN_OWL_CLUB_0324.jpg
_MG_7275.jpg

HS PESTA JEEP.jpg

Thanks for the recent supportive posts. :)

I guess this thread (and the other similar one which I can't find right now) leaves a bad taste for me for a few reasons (maybe I'm reading too much into it...?)

1. Complaints are posted here before they've ever been raised with CPC.
2. Issues are resolved to the best of our abilities but half the posters either don't come back and indicate it was fixed or post on page 8 rather than as an edit to their original post (I'm assuming there is no time limit on editing).
3. People who have never ordered from CPC before take other peoples pics from other threads and use those to complain making it look as though it was their chips.

So 18 months ago I was forced to refund for 2 paid orders that were already started and at least 3 that I was expecting shortly never materialised. I suspect the main reason is people read the first two pages, see all the negative comments and don't bother reading on.
Then earlier today, a customer who was about to order told me that someone alerted them to the OP post here. The customer clearly didn't read any further - merely notified me that he wouldn't be ordering any CPC chips now or in the future.

Rant over!

I’m not sure about the ability to edit after time. I thought here maybe that’s not possible after a certain number of hours or days. Somebody else will chime in with the answer.

I think the number of positive comments about your work far out weigh any negative and to be fair many of the negative inquiries are legitimate posting concerns about some element of what is a handmade product that has a lot of variability. You might be thinking of a recent post about somebody receiving warped samples which most of us here put down, I believe correctly, to abnormally high heat in transport which is completely outside of your control.

Personally I recommend you to all and sundry for being the only and best producer of compression molded clay poker chips going. I’m still amazed after my recent contact to you that you’ve held onto my artwork that goes back at least 15 years!

I guess this thread (and the other similar one which I can't find right now) leaves a bad taste for me for a few reasons (maybe I'm reading too much into it...?)

2. Issues are resolved to the best of our abilities but half the posters either don't come back and indicate it was fixed or post on page 8 rather than as an edit to their original post (I'm assuming there is no time limit on editing).
3. People who have never ordered from CPC before take other peoples pics from other threads and use those to complain making it look as though it was their chips.

So 18 months ago I was forced to refund for 2 paid orders that were already started and at least 3 that I was expecting shortly never materialised. I suspect the main reason is people read the first two pages, see all the negative comments and don't bother reading on.
Then earlier today, a customer who was about to order told me that someone alerted them to the OP post here. The customer clearly didn't read any further - merely notified me that he wouldn't be ordering any CPC chips now or in the future.

Rant over!
I'm saving up right now to put in my order for my very first CPC set in the next csq run.
I'll still have to sell one of my beloved GPI sets to make it happen but I'm confident you guys will deliver an awesome product.

I LOVE my CPCs. It’s an amazing product that will last a lifetime. I will most likely make another set at some point. Besides a great product, what really stands out is the unprecidented customer service. Really top notch!

And imho these put the whole CPC has no good yellow discussion to shame

DA5102FB-D0CF-44C1-8761-2FF159C4F79C.jpeg
14CE8E2B-FB93-4079-8499-79370E4F3081.jpeg
C212CFE1-0076-43E8-8BF0-02075D7C93F4.jpeg
70E54A81-867B-4EAC-A4DC-F2F84E1E99B4.jpeg
F4664AAA-3E4A-44E1-A4F8-82B640B87E10.jpeg
AC389F5A-3CC9-47A6-BED6-1D7CF2263646.jpeg
600B3ECD-976C-43D5-BF41-F6054652CF2F.jpeg
04291875-CF9C-40B5-BFEE-9F83A499A40B.jpeg

I’m not sure about the ability to edit after time. I thought here maybe that’s not possible after a certain number of hours or days. Somebody else will chime in with the answer.

I think the number of positive comments about your work far out weigh any negative and to be fair many of the negative inquiries are legitimate posting concerns about some element of what is a handmade product that has a lot of variability. You might be thinking of a recent post about somebody receiving warped samples which most of us here put down, I believe correctly, to abnormally high heat in transport which is completely outside of your control.

Personally I recommend you to all and sundry for being the only and best producer of compression molded clay poker chips going. I’m still amazed after my recent contact to you that you’ve held onto my artwork that goes back at least 15 years!
I wasn't sure about the editing. It appears I can edit any post I made back to day 1 but maybe my privileges are different.

I didn't see the warped samples post. I only heard from the customer AFTER he had posted here. We sent replacements immediately. Was that mentioned? Or that the original set sat in his mailbox for a couple of days at 100 degrees even though he was home? :)
But yeah, it can unfortunately happen with samples that are only shipped in an envelope as USPS could easily have them somewhere hot and throw a load of weight on them. If we boxed them it could cost an extra $5-$7 per order not to mention the cost of extra packing time. Doesn't happen very often though, probably only 4 or 5 times out of maybe 4000-5000 sample orders shipped.

Thanks!

@David Spragg what CPC does for people who love poker chips is simply unparalleled and much appreciated by the vast majority of members here. Please keep up the good work!!!

Maybe post a sticky at the top of your vender thread providing potential customers the proper information about this topic. Maybe this will help inform people who are too busy (or lazy) to read this entire thread?

Thanks again for what you do, and if I could make up my mind on a few things you have a future customer right here!

This assumption is not correct. I usually can't edit after a day or two.
Yes, I see I can only go way back when I am the OP in a CPC Forum thread but nowhere else.
I just assumed that as I see people updating sales and polls in their OP going back ages it applied to everyone.

Very nice indeed! I was struggling with the choice between dg yellow and canary. I’m very happy with the choice I made for my set but will likely go with canary or arc yellow next time

I have edited OP, but when I received the replacement chips initially I posted immediately that David and CPC made it right.

New post searches would see a post at the end of the thread for an update, but not an edit to the OP. Now it is in both spaces.

I also did contact David before ever posting here and did not receive the same response at that time. I was told replacement chips could not be made. It seems this thread got that to happen.

I love all of my CPC sets and have an add-on to the set that should hopefully be shipping soon (no additional $1 chips though so we won’t have to worry about this again).

I have edited OP, but when I received the replacement chips initially I posted immediately that David and CPC made it right.

New post searches would see a post at the end of the thread for an update, but not an edit to the OP. Now it is in both spaces.

I also did contact David before ever posting here and did not receive the same response at that time. I was told replacement chips could not be made. It seems this thread got that to happen.

I love all of my CPC sets and have an add-on to the set that should hopefully be shipping soon (no additional $1 chips though so we won’t have to worry about this again).

I wasn't referring to your specific posts, just the fact that the customer I lost was sent directly to the OP and no other.
So the OP can edit their post going way back but no-one else can I guess.

I imagine a new user wouldn't know to search (or how to) to pick up follow up messages or am I missing something in my forum settings?
Your 'new post' which appeared on page 8 would have only been 'new' for a few hours wouldn't it? I don't see how anyone visiting even a week later (let alone 18 months) could ever find posts like that unless they read through every page of every thread. It's my one 'gripe' about this type of forum software.

David, please collect all my comments on this site, images included, and post them on the CPC site.
The truth must be told.

Edit*** my CPCs arrived last month and they’re absolutely beautiful in every way. CPC has stepped up their game or this problem must have been temporary. No split spots to speak of in my whole set. Even on the tri moons. Couldn’t be happier.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cpc-nevada-club-las-vegas-cash-diasqr.91704/#post-1891110

Edit*** my CPCs arrived last month and they’re absolutely beautiful in every way. CPC has stepped up their game or this problem must have been temporary. No split spots to speak of in my whole set. Even on the tri moons. Couldn’t be happier.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cpc-nevada-club-las-vegas-cash-diasqr.91704/#post-1891110
That's reassuring to hear as I have my order in since Tuesday :love:

I wasn't referring to your specific posts, just the fact that the customer I lost was sent directly to the OP and no other.

I imagine a new user wouldn't know to search (or how to) to pick up follow up messages or am I missing something in my forum settings?
Your 'new post' which appeared on page 8 would have only been 'new' for a few hours wouldn't it? I don't see how anyone visiting even a week later (let alone 18 months) could ever find posts like that unless they read through every page of every thread. It's my one 'gripe' about this type of forum software.

I can assure you people are reading more than just the OP. I received “likes” for the OP today and the same people “like” the page 8 update of it being resolved happily.

People buying custom sets and spending thousands of dollars on them are going to do their research. If they see 9 pages they are going to read 9 pages.

Rant over!
Well having an order in, of course I hope they all come out fine. I have bad luck (if it's gonna happen it will happen to me )

But your first issue you listed is very appropriate.

If someone has an issue with an order you should be their first thought. They should contact you before making a detremental post. I suppose some people just react without thought to the results when upset.

As for people taking pictures from other people's postings pretending they are their chips. That would really infuriate me. So you're better than I am on that issue because I wouldn't just post about it. I'd be out with a ball bat in the trunk of my car and some lye and a tarp.

That being said, I am a little nervous about my upcoming order but very, very hopeful. I know things can improve over time and that was an older post. I got my sample of rounders chips and they looked great. That's what finally pushed me over the edge to decide to get a custom set instead of the rounder set that I discussed with you a couple weeks ago.
So I am very excited for the time to pass and for them to get done in arrive. And feel free to reach out at any time they are night if you have any questions or need to ask me anything. I don't sleep very much lol

I was seeing that people say about proofs. I suppose when the time comes I'll also get a digital proof? Also if you have any advice for me after looking at my design please please let me know so we can fix any issues.
Thank you, David!

I'm saving up right now to put in my order for my very first CPC set in the next csq run.
I'll still have to sell one of my beloved GPI sets to make it happen but I'm confident you guys will deliver an awesome product.
After I get my set in about 4 to 5 months or whenever they're done. Hopefully sooner lol. I might be joining your DSQ run. That's the next mold I think I would like. And if I do it's going to be a banger. It'll probably cost double to triple of what my set cost this time. Because I'm going to go all out on it lol

guess this thread (and the other similar one which I can't find right now) leaves a bad taste for me for a few reasons (maybe I'm reading too much into it...?)

If we are gonna talk about how this thread runs us the wrong way I would like to join. Perhaps I'm reading into it wrong as well?

I emailed you way before this thread ever popped up and you brushed me off.

I can't edit my original post in this thread and it was about six months to a year after I posted that I received the replacement chips. I posted that you had made it right once this thread got bumped up so I could let any future party aware that I am now good to go. I have not mentioned the issues anywhere else on the site. What else am I supposed to do here?

And before you come back with "I wasn't talking about you" who the hell are you talking about then?

These blanket statements on how I or we went about this the wrong way piss me off. I didn't do anything wrong David.

You want to go on and on about the business you lost out on. That sucks but it's not our fault quit making it out like it is.

I'm fucking irritated. I have more sets I'd like to do but I'm not sure I can meet your expectations as a customer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom