Someone stole my cars wheel at Tampa Hard Rock (2 Viewers)

I had someone steal the steering wheel from my TR-8 once, in the parking garage at work. I drove it home using a pair of vice grips on the steering column.

A pic of @pltrgyst first car!

Screenshot_20200123-150341_Chrome.jpg

This happened to my daughters car a few years back while she was driving on the NY state thruway at a rest stop. The cop told her this happens more than you think. Someone gets a flat doesnt have a spare steel your tire or steel a mismatch tire until they can find a match. She didnt have any locking lug nuts, but there are easy to overcome anyway if the lug nuts dont recess like on audi and bmw (not sure what other makes recess lugs into rim) Fortunate she had her spare in the trunk, but you know some people think ...... better you than me.

I had someone steal the steering wheel from my TR-8 once, in the parking garage at work. I drove it home using a pair of vice grips on the steering column.
This is epic. I'm sorry someone stole your steering wheel that's not epic. But literally genius.

I had a TR-7. Worst car I have ever owned. Couldn’t even get get in it now!

I had a TR-7. Worst car I have ever owned. Couldn’t even get get in it now!

The TR-7 was a piece of garbage.

The TR-8 was a terrific car -- especially with a Holley 390, full Borla exhaust without resonators, the rally car brakes, a manual rack, Recaro seats, no air, and a Hard Core cage. Prepared by Bob Tullius at Group 44.

That's one reason the steering wheel was stolen -- it was a quick-release wheel, so that I could fit into and get out of the car. All the thief had to do was push a button and pull it off...

Of course, the hexagonal steering wheel mount was just perfect for safe driving with the vice grips. If you clamped them on vertically with the front wheels aimed straight, you really could drive that way just fine -- though the police might disagree.
:cool

Replaced it with the wheel from their nissan, continental tire, I had eagles and blacked out rims

Stole 1 tire, wtf, can they be tracked by the tire they gave me??

At security to see what they can do
I hope this isn't the case, but did you make any poker enemies in your successful first month as a pro?

I hope this isn't the case, but did you make any poker enemies in your successful first month as a pro?

If someone was targetting me, why give me a replacement tire?

The only people I could think that would despise me would be some filthy canadians, upset about being stuck in the shadow of the glorious U-S-OF-A!

Seriosly though, update you probably missed, Seminole Police found a coupe on camera with mismatched rims and got a TAG#, hoping they found the culprit

If someone was targetting me, why give me a replacement tire?
I don't know. I was mostly joking. But sticking to my profile of the suspect -- maybe someone who just can't stand you winning, but isn't ready to go full on criminal to leave you completely stranded without 4 tires to drive home on, but just enough criminal to piss you off, and leave you going WTF(?). Canadians. ;)

Seriosly though, update you probably missed, Seminole Police found a coupe on camera with mismatched rims and got a TAG#, hoping they found the culprit
Any lead is good. Was the camera footage good enough resolution to show a black-looking rim similar to yours?

I don't know. I was mostly joking. But sticking to my profile of the suspect -- maybe someone who just can't stand you winning, but isn't ready to go full on criminal to leave you completely stranded without 4 tires to drive home on, but just enough criminal to piss you off, and leave you going WTF(?). Canadians. ;)

Any lead is good. Was the camera footage good enough resolution to show a black-looking rim similar to yours?

Not sure, I spoke with the detective division who said it hasn't reached them yet, but they read the officers updates and said it looked like he did some good work on it

I just called back tonight cause the officer is a night shifter, but he's off until 530pm Monday so no update yet

Good news, bad news. They do have the vehicle that stole my wheel on camera

But, the vehicle was stolen in another county and currently it is unknown who stole the car

It's going to their detective division for further investigation

Six months from now you are going to be surfing the internet and find a news article about how your tire was used to murder a high ranking official of a Mexican cartel by a rival gang in Juarez

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom