Some new tables (3 Viewers)

Irish

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I got tired of constantly seeing the monstrosities in the Fugly Table thread at the top of the Poker Table sub-forum, so I figured I'd add a few slightly better looking ones to the top of the pile. ;)

Just finished this one up the other day, 4'x8' racetrack oval with an LED lit suited raised rail (I really like the colors on this one):

IMG_1677_zpssg7ymvmo.jpg

2015_07_14_IMG_1506_zps8xxqg4kn.jpg

And a couple I did late last year, full size racetrack oval with a solid wood raised rail:

IMG_0142_zps24d76cf3.jpg

IMG_0155_zps356b1454.jpg

And a 9' dealer table with a mini racetrack, LED lit suited raised rail and a custom chip tray (the guy I made the table for supplied his own pedestals):

IMG_0847_zpsc2847e21.jpg

IMG_0851_zps36ca0bc1.jpg

IMG_0871_zpsf8b92649.jpg

very sharp looking, although I still can't stand the clunk-clunk of chips on a wooden racetrack, I stick with all felt tables. How is the mini-racetrack for that? Can players reasonably shuffle chips on the felt or is it still too far out?

Very nice. I think the late 90s may have permanently ruined that tone of oak on the first table for me, unfortunately. Does it have the bronze, gold or chocolate SSC on it? The workmanship is impeccable on everything here.

very sharp looking, although I still can't stand the clunk-clunk of chips on a wooden racetrack, I stick with all felt tables. How is the mini-racetrack for that? Can players reasonably shuffle chips on the felt or is it still too far out?

I know there is a great disdain for racetrack tables in these parts :)

The tan mini racetrack one pictured here is 2" wide, enough to stack your chips a barrel deep against the rail or store a phone, but you handle your cards and shuffle chips on the felt. One of my personal tables is a mini-racetrack (pic'd in my avatar), it's 3.25" wide and you can just fit your chips 2 barrels deep. It's still narrow enough though that some of my players pile their chips on the felt instead. IMHO it gives the table a really classy look without affecting the play.

Very nice. I think the late 90s may have permanently ruined that tone of oak on the first table for me, unfortunately. Does it have the bronze, gold or chocolate SSC on it? The workmanship is impeccable on everything here.

Chocolate

Excellent work Irish, and I think the flush mini-racetrack is a brilliant idea. If you gotta have a wooden one, that's definitely the way to go. What build technique are you using for the half-V joint between the playing surface and the racetrack?

Beautiful tables and excellent craftsmanship as usual Irish. Nice work.

This is some serious build work. glad I found this thread. now to prepare wallet and figure out how to make one of these things happen.

Bump for a new table - 102" racetrack dealer table with an inlayed raised rail.

Nice work, Matt! Once I stop spending money on chips and decide to replace my second table (imported hackjob), I'm going to JDC. Quality work and I can save a shit ton on shipping by driving over and putting it in my truck :D

shitfire bro. shitfire! those are classy. applause all the way. I'm so jealous...wish I could build something like that. I have trouble hanging a shelf.

Do you like working with the suede material for the rails better than the vinyl? I think it's much easier to work with

If I had the choice all I would work with is suede, and I wouldn't own another table with vinyl.

Those look fabulous. Waiting to pull the trigger on a nice new table but, I am more of a round table guy and the room would fit that better that I have.

Here's a new table I finished up over the weekend. This one had some neat features, including an inlaid raised rail, under table accent lighting, USB chargers and slide out shelves to store charging phones off the felt. Props to @p5woody for his assistance with the cloth design, he did a great job.

2017_07_22_IMG_3501.JPG

2017_07_22_IMG_3507.JPG

2017_07_22_IMG_3510.JPG

2017_07_22_IMG_3525.JPG

2017_07_22_IMG_3529.JPG

2017_07_22_IMG_3537.JPG

2017_07_22_IMG_3538.JPG

That must be the best table I have seen in a long time! Great work, love the the phone shelves.
Gotta get a table like this when my bankaccount and girlfriend gives me permission :p

I find that tables without race tracks look half finished? Funny how that is?

Still each to his own.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom