Some new tables (1 Viewer)

Here's a new table I finished up over the weekend. This one had some neat features, including an inlaid raised rail, under table accent lighting, USB chargers and slide out shelves to store charging phones off the felt. Props to @p5woody for his assistance with the cloth design, he did a great job.

That is awesome mate, really awesome.

Hi Irish

Such nice work! How do u find the patience to hit all those upholstery nails. does it send you around the bend?

lol no the nails aren't too bad, takes me about an hour to get them all installed for a full size table, and it's usually the last thing I'm doing to finish the table so I enjoy it :) The key is setup, I spend most of that time laying out the spacing, making sure they're centered (vertically) on the edge, then pre-drilling a shallow pilot hole - so by the time the nails are ready to go in it's really easy:

IMG_0118_zps733db4b3.JPG
IMG_0122_zps1291d1e6.JPG
IMG_0124_zps98203163.JPG
IMG_0126_zps0f13f236.JPG
IMG_0129_zpsa745d721.JPG
IMG_0131_zpsee707c88.JPG

Gotta thank you for the measuring tape trick. Makes dealing with the tacks so much easier.

Gotta thank you for the measuring tape trick. Makes dealing with the tacks so much easier.

I have my wife grab a handful of those paper rulers when she ventures over to IKEA with the kids, they work great :D

IKEA measuring tape FTW!

Nice work as usual. Only good stuff coming out of shop Irish.

So where do you get your 10' plywood? I know you said it was expensive but you didn't say what kind of store sells it. (and how expensive? Is it 3/4"/finished?)
And what kind of suede do you use? Where do you get it also? Do you like it better because of looks, feel, or workability? Thanks

So where do you get your 10' plywood? I know you said it was expensive but you didn't say what kind of store sells it. (and how expensive? Is it 3/4"/finished?)
And what kind of suede do you use? Where do you get it also? Do you like it better because of looks, feel, or workability? Thanks

Local lumber yard for the 10' plywood, that's not something you'll find at the Depot. IIRC a 3/4" 10x4 sheet of cabinet grade ply runs anywhere from $90 to $120.

For suede I prefer a product called Texuede, available at yourautotrim. They also have a padded suede that's a little more cost efficient, not quite as plush as the Texuede but it works very well. I prefer the feel, I personally would never own another table with a vinyl rail. The only drawback is you have to keep the rail covered when not in use, suede and dust don't mix very well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom