Cash Game Small Cash Game Length (1 Viewer)

Hobart

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Newbie here.
I want to start a friendly $20 to $25 cash game with 6-8 people.
Thinking about .10/.25 blinds.
Would this set up last two hours?
How long is your average poker game?
Thanks.

Hi everyone,

Newbie here.
Thanks.
Cash games only end when people stop wanting to play. People are free to keep buying in as often as they like.

I will play until my players don’t want to play anymore. Average about 6 to 7 hours at the very least

As everyone above stated, depends on the players and how long they want to play. Our .25/.50 cash games run anywhere from 3.5-6 hours. Probably on the shorter side with some others on this forum, but still tons of fun.

As everyone above stated, depends on the players and how long they want to play. Our .25/.50 cash games run anywhere from 3.5-6 hours. Probably on the shorter side with some others on this forum, but still tons of fun.

@Dodger
Is that with only the original $20/$25 buy-in?
Or does the 3.5-6 hours include re-buys?

If you are looking to limit the length of the game, you could try one of two options:

1. Tell your players the game will run until a certain time. For example, “cards from 7-10 PM.”

2. Run a tournament format instead of cash. Adjust the starting stacks and blind schedule to the time you wish to finish.

I usually would play tournaments, but with cash games people would have to leave and the game would break earlier than expected all the time. I think on average it was like 3-5 hours with a food break in between.

Hi everyone,

Newbie here.
Thanks.
Hobart,

Dont let everyone scare you off from hosting a shorter game. I used to run a game with a hard stop on work nights. We would play from 7-12, and for most people that is plenty for a night. It's perfectly fine to have a hard stop to a game. Cash games can go on for as long as you have players that are willing to play, though.

If you are talking about running a tournament, that's completely different, and many folks around here would be happy to give you pointers on how to set up a tournament that will last as long or short as you like. It's all about structuring the blinds to suit your time frame.

@Hobart
Ideally the game should never end... however I guess at some point it must. The pain is when you have a few guys get tired and turn into rocks hoping their giant chip stacks turn to diamonds... at that point, new blood to the table would get the game going longer.... I would agree with the guys above that between 5-8 hours is a good session... but all depends on the crew!

There isnt any given time frame,1. blinds usually stay the same since its Cash and 2. people tend to rebuy.

I keep playing until I take everyone’s money. Then off to the strip club! ....

Joking aside, like everyone has mentioned. It lasts until everyone goes broke or decides to stop playing.

We play about 5 consistently, and longer depending on who is up, and who is hungry.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom