Slide under rail cupholders with lighted table or better options? (1 Viewer)

grilledchimi

Waiting List
Reaction score
First off this site is great. I have learned so much and appreciate the information download and opinions. I have been lurking for a while and can't seem to find an answer to my last question before I begin my build so I joined.

I have materials on the way and am considering a raised rail oval with lights, no racetrack. The group of guys I play with are all drinkers and we have a good time. I don't have enough room for side tables and I can guarantee someone would snap off an underside or slide out cupholder so that options is out.

So the question is does anyone know or use slide under rail cupholders with a lighted table or have a different suggestion?

I appreciate any insight. Thank you

Welcome to PCF. The way my table is built there is no way to do it but @T_Chan might know a way.

In rail cupholders are probably the only way to go for you. I don't prefer them, as it locks you into a certain position. however, a lot of people like them. Tommy is right, there's no way to do a slide under cup holder with a lighted/raised rail. I imagine that you won't want beverages ON you felt with a table that expensive/nice.

I have seen people getting slide unders with a wide base, and simply setting those on the table (makes the beverage arguably more stable). However, I wouldn't allow this personally.

You could just issue out "CamelBaks" to guests upon entry...?

Or you could give these out...?

61MXz03TxRL._SL1000_.jpg

I've also seen tables with cupholders in the playing surface (as opposed to in the rail). This would be my preference if I had to choose between this and the rail - but I'm not a fan of either tbh.

Unfortunately that's what I was thinking. Lights are cool, but getting down to it poker, beverages, and friends are the main focus.

Great product above. Problem is most of us guys aren't built like the model wearing it. It would have to rest upon my initial investment (beerbelly) thus creating a 9month pregnant look. :D

You could (skills willing) build a wide base coaster/cupholder. I've been contemplating this for some time now for one of my tables that cannot accept slide-unders. Think Baseball's "Commissioner's trophy". With enough weight (like a stone tile) on the bottom, this would resist spills though not as well as a slide under.

Rare earth magnets would also increase stability, but enough for a table gets kind of pricey.

I have four tables with drink holders in the rail and don't mind it at all. But rail>>>>>> in table playing surface IMO.

Holders in the playing surface beg for chips to fall in them and drinks to be knocked over.

Last edited:
Cup holders underneath the table built as a drawer is an option you may want to consider. They can be built tough so that if someone were to use it as a crutch to stand up or bump it with their leg it won't break. Otherwise cup holders in the rail sounds like your next best option.

But rail>>>>>> in table playing surface IMO.

^^ this x eleventy-bajillion

Heavy weighted coaster/holder combos are probably your best bet, unless you like holes in your rail. Not that hard to make, if you can't find 'em online somewhere.

But don't put holes in your playing surface. They become noisy traps for everything you don't want in them, and with cupholders installed, can also easily damage cards.

I have four tables with drink holders in the rail and don't mind it at all. But rail>>>>>> in table playing surface IMO.

Holders in the playing surface beg for chips to fall in them and drinks to be knocked over.

^Definitely this^

If you go it slide under, make sure you get both sizes of under-rail cup holders, both the jumbo and small ones, if someone is drinking bottled beer in the jumbo sized ones, it could easily spill.

small ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-STAINLE...697807?hash=item51cf81230f:g:13QAAOSwBLlVLwiT

jumbo ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-STAINLE...470541?hash=item51cf8ced8d:g:p7sAAOSwPgxVMDJN

Agree with this. I've built tables with both sizes and the big ones are great but they are a little tippy when used with a regular bet bottle. Having dad that they are perfect if your drinking out of a low ball glass or something of that nature.

Holy mother...you're in luck!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom