Shuffle Tech review (1 Viewer)

Before or after each poker night I use a cotton swob with rubbing alcohol and wipe down each gear/ring and then also use a compressed air duster spray can to spray any dirt/dust out.

I also noticed, if you have it in the table, sometimes the mounting bracket can be too tight and that creates jams. It’s easy to adjust…

Is this device faster than using two decks with the shuffle behind the dealer?

I think I would only recommend the shuffletech if you had a hired/designated dealer. But that's my only experience...so maybe not the best recommendation.

Is the shuffletech so fast that it's not worth using two decks with it?
You should be using 2 decks with a shuffletech. One in the machine and one in play.

If you use the bottom tray feature of the shuffletech, you can actually have 3 decks in play. One deck ready to go in the bottom tray, one in the machine shuffling, and one deck in play. So you would never be waiting for the machine.

You should be using 2 decks with a shuffletech. One in the machine and one in play.

If you use the bottom tray feature of the shuffletech, you can actually have 3 decks in play. One deck ready to go in the bottom tray, one in the machine shuffling, and one deck in play. So you would never be waiting for the machine.
I personally don't use the bottom tray because it's a hassle to pull out push back in... too much going on. I like the simplicity of in the top and out. I also wrecked a few cards when trying to pull open the tray (I guess the cards had not fallen in the tray correctly after being g shuffled).

The big benefit for my game is a much better shuffle without slowing the game down and possibly even speeding it up, also removing the burden of shuffling from my players is something they like.

I think this is subjective, and perhaps the wrong question.

Do I think this is faster, yes! Is it actually faster? Well that would depend on who is at the table and their skill level with shuffling, also how they shuffle as well as how many times they shuffle and if they box or not.

With the shuffler you get a known quality and quantity of shuffle. Which is better than the average person shuffling.

Another aspect other than just the quality of shuffles is the laziness of the players. I am such that I would prefer to listen to the shuffler than actually shuffle (aka lazy). EDIT: to @swana 's point, a better poker experience.

Manually picking up the deck is a non sequitur as it has nothing to do with the shuffler, or the actual shuffling of the deck.

Last edited:
I'm a designated dealer at my games and I'm using the shuffler as I'm also playing. It is noisy even when mounted in the table, but people only reacted to the noise the first 2-3 times. Most of all they were all grateful for not having to deal themselves.

If you have a group of players who can shuffle and don't mind, your upside isn't that great (unless you fear card mechanics). However, most players prefer dedicated dealer and not having to shuffle. Also, with a central dealer you can run a "clean" table, where you collect the pot after each betting round, has a muck pile, etc. I see some home game pictures where it looks like there's been a fight at the table but when you're dealing from the end of the table you need to involve several other players, and you should prefer as few hands as possible interacting with the pot.

When I run the table, the burn cards goes under (main) pot. The stub goes left of the community cards, and the muck pile is on top of the shuffler. Side pots goes to the left of the community cards. PS! We only play NLHE. Only confusion is when I'm drunk and miss some action, but the players correct me before any damage is done. :D
pr0n/proof (both examples has one player tanking);
example1.jpg

example2.jpg

I'm a designated dealer at my games and I'm using the shuffler as I'm also playing. It is noisy even when mounted in the table, but people only reacted to the noise the first 2-3 times. Most of all they were all grateful for not having to deal themselves.

If you have a group of players who can shuffle and don't mind, your upside isn't that great (unless you fear card mechanics). However, most players prefer dedicated dealer and not having to shuffle. Also, with a central dealer you can run a "clean" table, where you collect the pot after each betting round, has a muck pile, etc. I see some home game pictures where it looks like there's been a fight at the table but when you're dealing from the end of the table you need to involve several other players, and you should prefer as few hands as possible interacting with the pot.

When I run the table, the burn cards goes under (main) pot. The stub goes left of the community cards, and the muck pile is on top of the shuffler. Side pots goes to the left of the community cards. PS! We only play NLHE. Only confusion is when I'm drunk and miss some action, but the players correct me before any damage is done. :D
pr0n/proof (both examples has one player tanking);
View attachment 913207
View attachment 913208
Great post!

This points out other benefits of using a shuffler and having a dedicated dealer.

Managing the bets, pots, cards, etc. via dedicated dealer lends to a better experience. Considerations outside of the direct comparison of just timing of shuffling and hands per hour. People often don't recognize the time spent moving pots/cards from one end to the other when making these comparisons.

Having said that, I host strictly cash games. If I could go back in time when I was making a decision on my custom table, I'd go with a round table for 8 and skip the shuffler. I hate playing on a long table. Round tables are the best for cash games - especially for dealer's choice.

Even if his is still going "strong", I am not expecting 10 years. I am expecting 5 and anything over that will be seen as a bonus. I'm also hoping by that time theres a better brand out there thats reliable, affordable, and quiet. I know shuffletech isn't historically any of those things based on a lot of accords but I am really happy with mine so far.

I did 2-decks shuffle behind the dealer previously and It was absolutely slower. We drink at my home games. most of the guys live in the same neighborhood as me and we can be pretty sloshed which a good card shuffler does not make. Then we have some donkeys that cant figure out how to shuffle to save their lives and it was either incredibly slow or a bad shuffle. somewhat coincidently my average win has exactly doubled over the last 3 games and i've estimated we are playing approximately double the hands.
There is rarely ever a break in my games anymore where as before we had them frequently. I'd say it really depends on your games situation if it is worth it, if you have a bunch of good dealers I wouldn't worry about getting a shuffler.

I've only had my shuffletech for a short time but so far it's worked flawlessly. My crew has historically done a great job at shuffling & dealing (2 decks) but using the shuffletech is still faster even in the 7 mode. (setting to automatic mode helps so you don't have to press the button every time). Yes it forces me to be the designated dealer but the flow of the game has improved very noticeably.
Noise? Yup. But if people talk & or there is music playing it's not annoying at all. Now the cards are always centered on the table so the players can see from any seat position which is definitely a plus for the sight challenged. Speaking of cards it seems to love Faded Spades & Copag. 100% success. I did some dry run testing with different brands when I 1st got it & it did jam 2% of the time briefly with Modiano, Fournier & old school paper Bees. (Didn't try KEM) The machine does unjam itself in a couple of seconds but I did have to use my finger to persuade the Bees to unjam. I suppose that's why they don't recommend them.
Cost? More than our buy-in but WAY less than the chips & table.
Bottom line: An unnecessary luxury item but having said that nobody in the group wants to go back. And they rarely agree on anything...

Can someone hit me with the dimensions for the flush mount? I’m trying to find a suitable cabinet to mount it in. Thanks in advance!

The top is roughly 10.5"x8" but needs a other 2-3" in length on the inside for the hardware to hold it in place. I find it easier to use when it's parallel to the table...
20220605_152927.jpg

I have been Google searching all day looking for a cabinet to mount the shuffler in with no luck. Anyone have anything they have used with success? I
would prefer to keep it small as it will sit next to me at the table. I'd also prefer a single door and not have to faux mount drawer faces for the space.

I was lazy and just bought their cabinet. Overpriced for what it is but they gave me 10% off the whole order when I bought the shuffler as I don't have the tools/space to build my own. Perfect height & it comes with wheels so can be easily moved plus has space for a 1000pc birdcage so I like it

how Much did the foam help dampen the noise on a scale of 1-10?
5-6? But most of the sound does come through the lid itself. I’ve heard of people putting something on the lid to further dampen the sound.

Shuffle tech cabinet peeps.

Can the plastic lid be removed, and a large solid lid be used in its place? Say the top of the cabinet? This would absolutely kill 90% of the top noise, and with it on auto, no need to do anything except lift and go.

Maybe?

Using @JoeBGo pic for reference.

A622A28F-E661-498A-B377-48E46BA510DA.jpeg

Can the plastic lid be removed, and a large solid lid be used in its place? Say the top of the cabinet? This would absolutely kill 90% of the top noise, and with it on auto, no need to do anything except lift and go.

Maybe?

View attachment 1009184
I don't see why it couldn't, its just a plastic hinge, I'm not in front of it but thats a good idea to reduce noise. However, noise doesn't bother any of my players. With talking / sports / music in the background it's a non isssue.

Last edited:

Maybe?

View attachment 1009184

I don’t think you can alter the ShuffleTech lid. At least I wouldn’t try. If you found some sort of cabinet with a recessed top you could build a lid over?
But @doublebooyah85 is right, once you have a game going the sound from the shuffler is pretty negligible.

I'm glad there's a recent comment so I didn't revive an old thread...

How many decks can you run in there? Their website claims 3 - one in play, one ready to shuffle, and one already shuffled.

If it's in a cart only one in unit but that's all you need because you're using the other deck. There is a drawer on the bottom (that I've never used) so I suppose one deck can be waiting there while one is being shuffled & another in play.

If it's in a cart only one in unit but that's all you need because you're using the other deck. There is a drawer on the bottom (that I've never used) so I suppose one deck can be waiting there while one is being shuffled & another in play.
Interesting. I looked up some videos, and it looks like it drops the cards in the drawer? That's really interesting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom