Should I stop using Copags? (1 Viewer)

Like everything else, it comes down to personal preference. I would take the poker store “garbage” cards over Faded Spades 100% of the time. BTW, obviously I disagree with that assessment of those cards, get a set up and try them, if you think they are garbage I will buy them from you at cost plus shipping. As they say around here, get samples and go with what feels right to you.
I’m totally open to trying “garbage” I spend a lot of money on cards so it’s not really a big deal to sample some. When the cards start sticking and slowing the game down is when we change them out. If I can find a card that can keep the game going I’ll be happy.

What much cards are these? And how much?
These are Modiano Platinium... Poker size, in jumbo and regular index.
Great cards, very durable... Note that they stiffer than Copag
No idea how much they go in USA or Canada...
In Europe you can get them for around 20-25 eur per set

What much cards are these? And how much?
These are modiano platinum set ups. Because of the shortage in the US these have become pretty pricy. Around $24-$31/set up depending on ur negotiation ability (and how many u buy).

Anyone have a good link for fournier cards to the US? Also theres different numbers on the cards? 2800, 2818, 2500?

Anyone have a good link for fournier cards to the US? Also theres different numbers on the cards? 2800, 2818, 2500?
I believe 2800 are poker/jumbo, 2818 are branded or fancy poker/jumbo, and 2500 are poker/4-pip. The bridge jumbo are 2826. Unfortunately, there are no North American distributors to my knowledge.

Anyone have a good link for fournier cards to the US? Also theres different numbers on the cards? 2800, 2818,

I believe 2800 are poker/jumbo, 2818 are branded or fancy poker/jumbo, and 2500 are poker/4-pip. The bridge jumbo are 2826. Unfortunately, there are no North American distributors to my knowledge.
https://www.naipeszaca.com/en/35-bridge-100-plastico

The owner is a nice guy that will help you if you need any advise

I havent ventured outside of Copag because they were cheap and I figured other cards would last about the same amount of time. Some of you guys are saying that there are actually decks that will last longer.
Pretty much any high-quality plastic playing cards will outlast Copags and their notorious print fade issues, with exceptions being early GEMACOs and Bicycle Prestige (which are otherwise excellent cards).

I highly recommend Fournier and Desjgn brands, and to avoid both KEM (warping issues) and Modiano (rip-off assholes).

Angel, Cartimundi, Del Negro, Piatnik, and Faded Spades are all high quality but very ymmv choices, depending on your card thickness, visual print design, and/or budget preferences. Bullet makes excellent cards, but are not available in bridge size.

Pretty much any high-quality plastic playing cards will outlast Copags and their notorious print fade issues, with exceptions being early GEMACOs and Bicycle Prestige (which are otherwise excellent cards).

I highly recommend Fournier and Desjgn brands, and to avoid both KEM (warping issues) and Modiano (rip-off assholes).

Angel, Cartimundi, Del Negro, Piatnik, and Faded Spades are all high quality but very ymmv choices, depending on your card thickness, visual print design, and/or budget preferences. Bullet makes excellent cards, but are not available in bridge size.
Bicycle Prestige have been recently produced in Fournier factory so you essentially have Fournier cards with Bicycle faces

Bicycle Prestige have been recently produced in Fournier factory so you essentially have Fournier cards with Bicycle faces
Not sure about recent batches, but the Fournier-made Prestige cards of a few years ago exhibited fading not shared with the branded Fournier cards made at that time. There were more than just visual cosmetic differences.

Not sure about recent batches, but the Fournier-made Prestige cards of a few years ago exhibited fading not shared with the branded Fournier cards made at that time. There were more than just visual cosmetic differences.
I stand corrected.... TY

You could always get the 2012 used WSOP cards. They’re only $20 for 4 setups. They’re made by Fournier and are in like new condition.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ds-back-on-ebay-great-deal.92885/post-1917601

Edit: these are standard index

Seller seems to be a really good guy. I put in an order for 8 used setups and he messaged me saying he was about to put them on sale. He gave me the option of refunding a portion to the sale price or sending 8 new/unused for the price I had paid initially. I went with the new packs and they’re very nice!

The site that sells the equipment for RFID poker tables sells the Faded Spade cards with RFID chips in them, but they say custom backs are available for orders over 100 decks. Maybe reach out to Faded Spade to see if they can do a custom order for 200 non-RFID decks. I believe Copag has a minimum order for custom backs of about 4000 decks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom