Shipping Prices Increase? (1 Viewer)

justincarothers

4 of a Kind
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
I shipped a 16lb box to Washington two weeks ago and it was $24.23 with USPS Ground Advantage. Trying to ship the same exact box today and it is charging $51.01. I did not find any price increase announcement. Anyone seen anything like this? It is always a little higher to ship to the West coast from Texas but this is ridiculous

If you were shipping FedEx, I would have guessed the zip code is more rural as they charge more the further out from a hub, but USPS shouldn’t do that.

USPS also isn’t doing a holiday surcharge so that can’t be it either.

Are you using the USPS site directly or pirate ship? If indirect possibly something is wrong with the API and it’s pulling the wrong price.

If you were shipping FedEx, I would have guessed the zip code is more rural as they charge more the further out from a hub, but USPS shouldn’t do that.

USPS also isn’t doing a holiday surcharge so that can’t be it either.

Are you using the USPS site directly or pirate ship? If indirect possibly something is wrong with the API and it’s pulling the wrong price.
I tried stamps.com, shippo.com and shipstation.com

Same box size, same weight.
Curious what the actual size was.

So far have not been impressed with Ground Advantage.

Assuming you can view/reprint the labels from Shippo, can you see if they were coded any differently as far as weight, zone, dimensions on the two labels?

Try looking up the postage rate to an address you've shipped to previously, with the same dimensions and weight as before, and see if it's changed.

Would these have fit in one of the priority mail "flat rate" boxes? They do have different sizes. That should be cheaper.

I'm guessing you're in between 108 and 130 inches for your package. It may be cheaper to pack into two smaller boxes.

1696952984494.png

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/Parcel-Size-Weight-Fee-Standards#oversized_price

Is Parcel Select an option? It used to be that service was only for commercial, but I'm not sure if available through Shipstation or Stamps.com.
Parcel Select has always been a good (albeit slower) way to ship bulkier boxes at a better rate.

I shipped a 16lb box to Washington two weeks ago and it was $24.23 with USPS Ground Advantage. Trying to ship the same exact box today and it is charging $51.01. I did not find any price increase announcement. Anyone seen anything like this? It is always a little higher to ship to the West coast from Texas but this is ridiculous

I ship 5x7 envelopes via USPS with tracking all over the US for a side biz. Price has been $5.00-5.25 for a while (most recently, last week). I rarely ship anything larger so can't say exactly on big boxes.

I recently shipped a medium sized package with USPS. The cost seemed high. I entered a size of 1" less on the dimensions and the price dropped in HALF. So I cut the box down to fit that dimension and shipped it. Evidently, SIZE MATTTERS. I don't know about current UPS or FedEx ground pricing, but I'm sure you got prices from them as well. Someone suggested you ship in 2 (or more) smaller boxes. Not sure the total would be less but I hope you can find a solution. Otherwise anyone shipping anything is just subject to price increases and of course, the cost will have to be passed on to the customer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom