Shahnuli’s raised rail table build (2 Viewers)

So had to learn how to use a bore bit, t nuts. Did some practice runs on scrap wood:
50D776F2-5521-4911-A77E-07CADFA970C4.jpeg

6991E92A-7452-4A98-A415-E0D6A9D7B61D.jpeg

Wasn't able to make the cleanest of cuts with the bore bit. Couldn’t use forstner bit since it wasn’t big enough for the t nuts. Couldn’t use the router since I didn’t have a bit wider than 3/4 (t nuts are 1”).:banghead:

Battled through and eventually got em all done on the rail. Will put gorilla glue later tonight. A bit messy. But hopefully will do the trick.
BF90E35A-F0D0-42D3-BF03-1A8A0DC2860C.jpeg

227F0482-6F15-46A5-A53E-5E8805EDEB3A.jpeg

5/16” bolts? A little late to chime in but 1/4-20 would have been just fine brother... bigger bolts are sexier anyway...lol

It’s looking fantastic, I look forward to your new posts each day... love the rail.. really like the look of it wider. Keep up the great work my friend.

looks great, so did you choose the colonial style base to match existing furniture in your house or you just liked the design versus cutting out the "center railing"?

looks great, so did you choose the colonial style base to match existing furniture in your house or you just liked the design versus cutting out the "center railing"?
Thx. Totally lucked out on that front. My existing furniture is more on the traditional side of things so this will fit in nicely. I was actually just looking for decent yet cheapest pedestal legs. Also. I think the center ‘runner’ will add to the stability of the table too.

About to start rail vinyl. Wish me luck! With all the woodworking things I’ve had learn and do from scratch in the last week or so, I am most nervous about this step more than anything else!
8D7DAC92-C12E-4D04-8297-0DC983D5CDEE.jpeg

Wasn’t able to get to vinyl today. Spent time with a bunch of minor adjustments and sanding and more freaking adjustments. Finally put the whole thing together to ensure everything will bolt together ok:
EB0BE236-CFC4-4C37-BF1B-9B40213F1A21.jpeg

Tomorrow is def vinyl day!

I was the same way, very nervous about the vinyl. It went on really smooth, was much easier than I ever thought it would be. Good luck!

Umm. You must have hand strength like the hulk lol!
I had two things, you may not have had.
1. So happen to have bought a really nice dewalt stapler a few days prior. Made stapling crazy easy.
2 my wife's friend gave me a hand with stretching the vinyl. She has played with vinyl before and having her helping hand made it alot easier than me doing that part by myself.

All bolted down with layers and legs. Feels pretty solid even with just half the bolts in the pedestal base.
359F663D-4D0A-4AFA-B3C2-5B77E5B6495A.jpeg

Btw went with ezlok inserts at the bottom of playing surface layer. It took a little practice to get it right but overall not too much of a PITA.
I switched to open cell foam from YAT for playing surface foam. My combo of closed cell and sew foam just didn’t feel ‘right’.

Whats left:
- Waiting for the 1/4” foam come in
- Also custom cloth from Tony to get here
- Ordered a couple of carrying handles. So that I can move this thing more easily if needs be.
- raised rail finishing: when the cloth comes in I’ll try a few things out to see what looks best as a finish.

Last edited:
5/16” bolts? A little late to chime in but 1/4-20 would have been just fine brother... bigger bolts are sexier anyway...lol
Btw. It’s worse than that...I used 3/8 bolts on the outside lol. I switched 1/4 later on. Thx!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom