Selling to a murderer? (1 Viewer)

Would you sell to someone that’s wants to murder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My thoughts .........

If you are a seller and you care if someone buys them for murdering purposes, or any other purpose for that matter, then you shouldn't be selling the chips period.
If you are a buyer and the seller is asking what you are doing, don't buy from them.

Basically if you care what happens to something after you sell it and you have your money, then you shouldn't be selling it at all you should be keeping it.

Haha, interesting. Got me thinking, if someone like Ted Bundy offered $500,000 to buy my sets, would I sell to him.

Definitely not!
For $500,000, I'll dig up Ted Bundy's body, toss another body in to replace his, along with my entire chip collection.

:p

giphy (2).gif

How much would the inlay removal hurt the value of the remaining chips of its kind?

If there’s 1’000 know X chips on the market and someone buys 500 and publicly acknowledges its impending doom...
Would that affect the market on the remain 500?
If you owned 250 of the remaining 500, would you increase its resale value based solely on the knowledge that half of those chips are “no more”?

How much would the inlay removal hurt the value of the remaining chips of its kind?

If there’s 1’000 know X chips on the market and someone buys 500 and publicly acknowledges its impending doom...
If you owned 250 of the remaining 500, would you increase its resale value based solely on the knowledge that half of those chips are “no more”?

Yes! Supply and demand!

Depends on the chips. Unabtanium... Could make them more valuable. Hell, maybe less if the breakdown gets horrid (if ya kill all of the 1ks of a set, the rest of the set would plummet). If they are a weird type like the Vegas Worlds FFMs 100s, I killed 8 racks of them, and I don't think the remaining shot up in value. Denom is too weird to use commonly past how beautiful they are.

Being a seller, how would you feel about selling chips to someone knowing that were going to “ruin” the original chip?
HELL YEAH...because they might be in dire need of some BEAUTIFUL Mexican Rose colored chips to kill and add to their zombie family!! Just saying for a friend. :whistle: :whistling:

20200606_190900.jpg
20200606_190845.jpg
20200613_000339.jpg
20200606_191045.jpg

I've murdered plenty of chips, but mostly stick to live or modern chips. I wouldn't sell those Fitz fracs if someone was going to murder them.

It's just plain dumb, there are plenty of random blue hotstamped solids to mill.

For information sake, what makes the Fitzgerald above the cut? Is it the NV thing? To me its just a blue chip, like many other blue chips.

If I was too attached or worried about the upkeep of the chip, I wouldn't sell. Otherwise, I'd have to come to grips with it. I am a firm believer in sustaining history and really cool/ rare and valuable things, because I think it creates passion in generations to come, but at the end of the day, you have to ask yourself if you're gonna forfeit the money and take a stand, or let whatever happens happen.

For information sake, what makes the Fitzgerald above the cut? Is it the NV thing? To me its just a blue chip, like many other blue chips.
Mostly the NV thing, genuine fracs serve a purpose too. Whereas a random blue solid chip with someones initials is basically useless, so those are a better candidate.

If I had any chips which were truly rare or had some historic value (say, I stumbled upon a case of chips from the Mayfair Club), then I would not sell them except to someone interested in their history.

For example, I had some older Paulson samples which had relatively hard-to-find markings, and I sold those to someone who collects such things, has display cases for them, etc. If someone was going to mill them, I wouldn’t knowingly sell just because that would be kind of a shame (not to mention unnecessary/stupid).

Then there are some chips which are in very high demand right now, hard to find maybe because not that many were produced or are circulating, e.g. Jack Detroit 5K Secondaries. I’d be unlikely to sell such chips to be milled just because there are plenty of people who want them as-is.

But of course once you sell something there’s no real controlling what happens to them. I guess you could go nuts and create a contract with penalties if you found out they were murdered, but good luck enforcing that

I already refused to sell a rack of The Post fracs (0.25) to someone planning to murder them.

I found instead a buyer who wanted to use them as-is. It was @Fleming if memory serves (it was around 2015)...

So for me it depends on the chips and I cannot just answer yes or no.

I said no, but if it's not a rare chip, I would be ok selling

Yeah, the poll should really have a "Depends" option as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom