Selling Our House For 3x What We Paid (1 Viewer)

Little bathroom backsplash going too

Plus we bought those adhesive apllications to give countertops that granite look to pretty them up, that will be next

20220522_135547.jpg
20220522_142352.jpg

A little anecdote but may be worth considering - my uncle sold his 4 bed detached house in a nice gated neighbourhood in Arlington, just outside Dallas, and moved to Atlanta to be closer to his kids. He's unable to get a 2 bed single story for the same money - every house he sees in budget gets bought from under his nose for well over asking.

Wherever you're thinking of moving to, the house price appreciation may have been just as bonkers as Florida so list price may have little resemblance to sales price.

A little anecdote but may be worth considering - my uncle sold his 4 bed detached house in a nice gated neighbourhood in Arlington, just outside Dallas, and moved to Atlanta to be closer to his kids. He's unable to get a 2 bed single story for the same money - every house he sees in budget gets bought from under his nose for well over asking.

Wherever you're thinking of moving to, the house price appreciation may have been just as bonkers as Florida so list price may have little resemblance to sales price.

We've cast a pretty wide net across 12 states and have over 40 homes saved

Most of the markets we are looking at aren't anywhere near the craziness here in Tampa

We aren't trying to move to super popular and populated areas

My sister and BIL just went through this, selling a multi-family here in MA and then trying to find a single-family. Losing offer after losing offer. They ended up having an offer accepted on a house site-unseen before they even had an open house, otherwise that one probably would have got pulled from under them too. I would not want to be buying a house in MA (or a lot of other areas) right now. Luckily Anthony has the luxury of being wide open as to where he is willing to move; that is not the case for most people.

I could probably sell my house for 3x what I paid, and I paid $870K in 2010.

The housing market in most areas of Vancouver has gone totally bat-shit crazy. If you want a decent single family home anywhere within 1 district away from Vancouver Proper and you have less than $2MM then it appears that you can drown with the rest.

stop spending money lol. the housing market is hot as hell, nobody is going to care whether you have stick-on backsplash.

It's an affordable upgrade that will help the homes aesthetics. I'm spending less than $500 for the backsplash in the kitchens and bathroom, plus the counters (still to come)

It's an affordable upgrade that will help the homes aesthetics. I'm spending less than $500 for the backsplash in the kitchens and bathroom, plus the counters (still to come)

i honestly believe you will not recoup that $500. again, the housing market is hot as hell - you don't need to convince anyone. they are buying the property, not the aesthetics.

In Boise, this markets is going to stay hot for a while. I can't wait to move out of this place.
Where ya gonna go?
ORLANDO! Check out these exciting benefits!
  • No state income tax!
  • Flying cockroaches!
  • Disney!
  • Insanely hot and humid for nine months of each year!
  • Old people!
  • A short drive to the beach!
  • Terrible drivers!
For $1500 per month, I will rent you a small corner of my totally NOT air-conditioned garage! I'll provide an old army surplus cot and space for your milling and stamping equipment. (Utilities and bathroom access not included.)

Our realtor had us replace vent covers too. Takes away some negative visuals.

We're finding inexpensive fixes that increase aesthetics dramatically

We already upgraded bigger ticket stuff over the past few years, new water heater, well pressure pump, whole house filtration system, french drains, etc

We're finding inexpensive fixes that increase aesthetics dramatically

We already upgraded bigger ticket stuff over the past few years, new water heater, well pressure pump, whole house filtration system, french drains, etc
Our realtor was pretty great - they also advised lightccolored pillows and lots of throw pillows on couches etc. Add greenery, even fake, to each room.

Our realtor was pretty great - they also advised lightccolored pillows and lots of throw pillows on couches etc. Add greenery, even fake, to each room.

We already have a ton of couch cushions. But we aren't going through any big staging process and we're still occupying the home while doing showings (we have three cats to care for, one diabetic and no where else to go, plus not comfortable just letting people loose throughout our entire house with all our belongings present, we'll stay in the spare rooms where the items we care about most are kept anyway)

But we'll tidy up the house and make it presentable when showing

So my listing finally went live via Houzeo this past Saturday (probably the worst day of the week for a listing to go live as people are already going to see other listings, but whatever)

Then the other day I notice that Zillow, Trulia and Estately no longer show my listing anymore and display me as Off Market.

Of course no support on Sundays so this morning I reach out to online chat support and they tell me I need to contact the support teams on those websites to correct the issue.

#1 - what the fuck am I paying YOU for?

#2 - It'll look pretty fucking suspicious if the homeowner is reaching out to these sites to correct an MLS listing when ONLY my "realtor" that Houzeo assigned can list to the MLS...........

So the chat support person said she'd reach out to my "team" to get it corrected. Meanwhile my house is no longer listed on the two top fucking sites for real estate traffic, ARRRGGHHH!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom