See how it's done. (1 Viewer)

So after the labels are cut, it is time to weed.
We pull all the vinyl that isn't labels off the sheet.

Two reasons:
1. Easier for you to pull the label off.
2. Cuts down on weight.

IMG_6075.JPG

We all know Gear's samples are not job samples, but actual informational samples. (Price, size, vinyl and laminate types).

But he does keep a few spares from all the jobs.
It helps him to reference back to what was done if needed.
I just wish he was a bit more organized about it... ;)

Spares - Odds and Sods.JPG

Hi Gear and Wifey

thankyou so much. i dont konw why these things facinate me so much but they do.

thanks for posting!!!

We all know Gear's samples are not job samples, but actual informational samples. (Price, size, vinyl and laminate types).

But he does keep a few spares from all the jobs.
It helps him to reference back to what was done if needed.
I just wish he was a bit more organized about it... ;)

View attachment 31956

I see my quarters labels in there!

....Here are a few teaser pictures of the milling method he is working on......

Very interested to see how this works out. I'm considering a TRK hot-stamp set to be milled and labeled. The crown mold has no recess so the surface is flat.
Have you milled any TR King chips?

So while @Gear is on a "business trip" at the Rumble in the Rockies... I thought I would take the time to show you the new hotness, milling!

Gear was talking to @T_Chan one day, about the problems of milling with a drill press. @T_Chan asked him why not use a CNC to mill? @T_Chan knew a guy and got Gear in touch.

That was a year ago!
Gear spent the winter figuring out how to actually USE a CNC, how to get a consistent result with multiple chips, and how to make the whole process repeatable.
Gear is still working out a few kinks, but the results are now good enough and repeatable enough that it's worth his time to start making custom inlay chips for everyone.

Gear will answer any questions when he gets back from his "business trip" in the Rockies... :)

Have a great weekend!

@Jambine @Quicksilver-75 @Junior24xx I know the reveal is late, but probably worth the wait!

So while @Gear is on a "business trip" at the Rumble in the Rockies... I thought I would take the time to show you the new hotness, milling!

Gear was talking to @T_Chan one day, about the problems of milling with a drill press. @T_Chan asked him why not use a CNC to mill? @T_Chan knew a guy and got Gear in touch.

That was a year ago!
Gear spent the winter figuring out how to actually USE a CNC, how to get a consistent result with multiple chips, and how to make the whole process repeatable.
Gear is still working out a few kinks, but the results are now good enough and repeatable enough that it's worth his time to start making custom inlay chips for everyone.

Gear will answer any questions when he gets back from his "business trip" in the Rockies... :)

Have a great weekend!

@Jambine @Quicksilver-75 @Junior24xx I know the reveal is late, but probably worth the wait!

WOW!!!

That was a year ago!

Have a great weekend!

Wow amazing and awesome!

I was curious how the shaped inlays were made on a set we saw a month or so ago. So cool. More motivation to have a whole custom set milled rather than created, lots of starbursts waiting for awesomeness.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom