School me on THC chips for a set (1 Viewer)

yah those fracs and the cruise 25s are endgame kind of pieces. the 5s and 1s will be tough. can you imagine someone dropping 4 mint racks of claim stake 5s on auction or something? battle royale lol

@utgtrash Agreed on all points. I have learned so much over the last couple of months and feel like I have a better understanding and direction now. Not that I do not have a lot more to learn. I will be using the NCL's and Silver Star's in the next set. Now that I do have a playable THC mixed set I theoretically should be able to be more patient and wait for the rest of the "endgame" pieces to fall into place.

Congratulations, a mixed set anyone most certainly would be proud of!

And I wouldn't call it "corners cut". If you're anything like most of us, hang around for just a little bit and you'll have plenty of opportunities to modify and improve. Those Silver Stars are an iconic hot stamp frac, you can't go wrong with Flamingos (almost a rite of passage), the Casablanca/Aztar spot progression is slick, and that Eddies BOH is ... well, Fabulous.

Cheers and good luck on your continued search(es)!

@aggie Thank you so much for the kind words and support. You have been one of the members that have been really helpful.

Congrats, a nice looking mixed set :)

@buffalojim Thank you as well. You have also been super helpful and you rooting me on in the NCL auction was fun. Winning that auction was so much fun and really made me rethink the direction I was going with the set. Funny enough I secured the Aztar $25's about 2 hours before that auction ended thinking I would never win it. I thought it would get bid up higher and I really was not planning on going higher than $650 with my bid. Then in the end I was like screw it, buy the damn chips no matter the cost. Thanks @utgtrash for not continuing your bidding as you saved me some money and trust me I would have kept going. LOL

Here is what I am thinking of doing with the NCL's:

30544.jpg
20503.jpg
53043.jpg
39682.jpg
53017.jpg

The only thing that nit's me a bit is the Claim Stake $5. It's a round inlay and will cause a repeat in the spot pattern with the NCL. With that being said I don't think it is that big of a deal. I just do not know of another $5 that would fix that and is even somewhat obtainable. I just threw the Yosemite Inn $100 in there as a place holder as I will be trying to find something with that inlay and spot pattern. I could always just throw the Eddies $100 in there and it would work great.

@buffalojim Thank you as well. You have also been super helpful and you rooting me on in the NCL auction was fun. Winning that auction was so much fun and really made me rethink the direction I was going with the set. Funny enough I secured the Aztar $25's about 2 hours before that auction ended thinking I would never win it. I thought it would get bid up higher and I really was not planning on going higher than $650 with my bid. Then in the end I was like screw it, buy the damn chips no matter the cost. Thanks @utgtrash for not continuing your bidding as you saved me some money and trust me I would have kept going. LOL

Here is what I am thinking of doing with the NCL's:

View attachment 762589View attachment 762590View attachment 762591View attachment 762592View attachment 762593

The only thing that nit's me a bit is the Claim Stake $5. It's a round inlay and will cause a repeat in the spot pattern with the NCL. With that being said I don't think it is that big of a deal. I just do not know of another $5 that would fix that and is even somewhat obtainable. I just threw the Yosemite Inn $100 in there as a place holder as I will be trying to find something with that inlay and spot pattern. I could always just throw the Eddies $100 in there and it would work great.
I was more than happy to see you snag em! I originally thought you'd have repeating spots for the 5, 25, and 100. I thought you were using the King's. We're all a bit ADD with chip choices around here so when your set turned out completely different than what I thought, I wasn't shocked lol.

Careful with that Yosemite, I think @chicubs1988 has his eyes on those and might be tempted to cut a bitch ;)

I was more than happy to see you snag em! I originally thought you'd have repeating spots for the 5, 25, and 100. I thought you were using the King's. We're all a bit ADD with chip choices around here so when your set turned out completely different than what I thought, I wasn't shocked lol.

Careful with that Yosemite, I think @chicubs1988 has his eyes on those and might be tempted to cut a bitch ;)

I could......but I think those NCL's needed better friends.

Alright!

So after about a 2 month Search and Destroy mission I have acquired the chips needed for the new leaded THC mixed set lineup. In fact...in true PCF fashion more chips were purchased than necessary and I have put together 2 separate mixed sets. I admit that things got out of control. After some tinkering with all the pieces I believe I have the lineups set.

I just wanted to update this thread as it has ton's of great information in it and was one of the reasons I got obsessed with leaded THC.

The following is a humble brag post with photo's.

Set #1: The Original Vision (Sort of)

Mixed Set 1 (3).jpg

Mixed Set 1 (5).jpg

Mixed Set 1 (8).jpg

Set #1: The Original Vision (Micro Stakes Version)

Mixed Set 1 (9).jpg

Set #2: Workhorse Set w/ the NCL $25's

Mixed Set 2 (21).jpg

Mixed Set 2 (5).jpg

Mixed Set 2 (2).jpg

Overall I am super pleased with the way these sets turned out. It was so much fun obsessing and hunting for all these chips. I am a little bummed the hunt is over. Both of these sets mean the world to me and will hopefully be passed down through my family in the years to come.

I would like to give a special thanks to all the PCF members that helped make this happen. There are a lot of members that got behind me and helped with selling me chips or just giving me advice. Thank you everyone! @ski_ex5 @colter ripton @Windwalker @Rieguy @pltrgyst @stavman @AfterTheFact @Kasper Storrs @aggie @buffalojim @liftapint @moechar . If I missed anyone I sincerely apologize. This truly is an amazing community of people and I look forward to continuing this adventure.

Thanks for looking,
BlueMerle

Alright!

So after about a 2 month Search and Destroy mission I have acquired the chips needed for the new leaded THC mixed set lineup. In fact...in true PCF fashion more chips were purchased than necessary and I have put together 2 separate mixed sets. I admit that things got out of control. After some tinkering with all the pieces I believe I have the lineups set.

I just wanted to update this thread as it has ton's of great information in it and was one of the reasons I got obsessed with leaded THC.

View attachment 795999

View attachment 796001

View attachment 796002

View attachment 796003

View attachment 796005

View attachment 796009

View attachment 796011

Overall I am super pleased with the way these sets turned out. It was so much fun obsessing and hunting for all these chips. I am a little bummed the hunt is over. Both of these sets mean the world to me and will hopefully be passed down through my family in the years to come.

I would like to give a special thanks to all the PCF members that helped make this happen. There are a lot of members that got behind me and helped with selling me chips or just giving me advice. Thank you everyone! @ski_ex5 @colter ripton @Windwalker @Rieguy @pltrgyst @stavman @AfterTheFact @Kasper Storrs @aggie @buffalojim @liftapint @moechar . If I missed anyone I sincerely apologize. This truly is an amazing community of people and I look forward to continuing this adventure.

Thanks for looking,
BlueMerle
Wow this is sick. Let's see how fast I can get to Montana LOL
flights.PNG

Alright!

View attachment 795999

View attachment 796001

View attachment 796002

View attachment 796003

View attachment 796005

View attachment 796009

View attachment 796011

Thanks for looking,
BlueMerle
Holy wow! Incredible dude!

Alright!

View attachment 795999

View attachment 796001

View attachment 796002

View attachment 796003

View attachment 796005

View attachment 796009

View attachment 796011

Thanks for looking,
BlueMerle

Beautiful, and congrats!!

Alright!

View attachment 795999

View attachment 796001

View attachment 796002

View attachment 796003

View attachment 796005

View attachment 796009

View attachment 796011

Thanks for looking,
BlueMerle

Excellent work; both are incredible sets! Like we talked about it's awesome how they have unique shaped inlays, with the second having both that and different color inlays, which is quite a rarity. Looking forward to seeing the next projects you mentioned.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom