Save or use Paulson poker chips? (1 Viewer)

Good luck with that... (In my game, a lecture like this would immediately result in someone splashing the pot as a joke.)
Same thing in my game...
Same guys that would do this in their 20's still doing crap like that in their 40's & 50's. Ask me how I know....lol

When I was new to the chipping game, I also wondered as you do. The simple fact is that there are 10s or even 100s of thousands of Paulson classics out there so what you have is neither rare or irreplaceable.

PS, I hosted a game on Saturday where the cost of the chips in play far exceeded the value they represent on the table. This is likely true for most PCFers.

When I was new to the chipping game, I also wondered as you do. The simple fact is that there are 10s or even 100s of thousands of Paulson classics out there so what you have is neither rare or irreplaceable.

PS, I hosted a game on Saturday where the cost of the chips in play far exceeded the value they represent on the table. This is likely true for most PCFers.
Lol, I don’t know what you’re talking about... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

3C9E45E8-05A1-4186-B126-1527D1AAF665.jpeg

My 5ct/10ct game usually has a total bank of around $150. I paid 10 times that for one of the two Paulson sets I own. This is the way.

Have a back up set for your rowdy drunk games but get them in play the other nights. If all your games are drunk and rowdy you won't care or remember what happens to the chips so get them in play always

But mind you, they're your chips, and if for any reason you feel like not putting them into play you're well within your rights not to. @Windwalker once asked this very same question, due to some confusion about different expectations in the chipping community versus other collectors' communities. The answer is the same: they're your chips, use them or save them as you please, but don't worry about putting them into play if that's your concern. They'll stand up to use just fine, and any wear that they do get is well-earned in the name of enjoying them.

I say play with them! They’re arguably the best made chips and certainly from my experience enhance any session. Enjoy your Paulson’s by playing with them!

I ordered used chips for a reason....no point worrying about nicks and chips. I say play with them.

on the other hand seeing how the market plays out with poker chips it may also be a wise gamble to invest in "new" chips for the perceived collector, rarity value that will add a premium resell. If a set could appreciate 5-10%+ per year its just as valid of an investment as a "futures" stock.

My guess is that chips are at their all time highest value right now.
My next guess would be that those values won’t rise in the near future and could dip. So my gut says if packing them away to preserve their value is actually an option for you, then selling them today might be the better option.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom