Save or use Paulson poker chips? (1 Viewer)

BP460

Reaction score
I’m new to this forum so if this has already been discussed please let me know. Years ago I bought a set of 500 Classic Paulson chips before they were impossible to find. I’ve only used them a hand full of times and have many other cheaper sets. Should I use them for what they meant for or store them away in the great condition they’re in and keep as investment. Most people I play poker with don’t have the respect for these chips as I do or many people here do. I’m curious if I should just pack these away so the don’t get damaged, lost or stolen. Thanks for any advise!!

Unless you completely abuse them they will stay in good shape. I have a set of Classics and we played a monthly tournament for 15 years with them, they don’t have that mint feeling but chips are meant to be played with.

Chips are meant to be played!
I know, I know...I had a feeling that was going to be the first thing someone said and that was literally my own answer to my own question but I thought I’d see what others had to say. Lol.

If you’re worried about players being rough with them, just make it known that you don’t want any splashing the pot, throwing chips in, or banging them on the table.
Outside of that, they should hold up fine.

Chips are meant to be played. Most of us here appreciate quality and enjoy the experience of playing with quality. I agree with expressing your expectations to the players about handling chips. You could also inform others who aren’t knowledgeable about chips and maybe covert 1 or 2 people. Otherwise consider selling them…….to me. Lol
Welcome to the forum and have fun

Unless you completely abuse them they will stay in good shape. I have a set of Classics and we played a monthly tournament for 15 years with them, they don’t have that mint feeling but chips are meant to be played with.
Pics?

I totally understand the OP. I bought a nice house a few years back, but I haven’t dared live in it yet as I don’t want to affect the re-sale value should I ever want to sell it...

That has been a common story in Canada in the last few years......with rentals stagnating due to progressive government policy making it is a liability greater than an asset to have a tenant. In my neighborhood there are houses that likely have never been lived in for over 10 years, simply bought, left to sit, renovated and resold countless times. Overall in 10 years the $ value of my house has gone up by 3x due to changing market conditions.....

I have acquired sets since March 2020 but due to conditions I have been unable to hold a game. I have every intention of doing so, or selling my chips on for 3x the investment lol.........

Not playing with chips you love is the equivalent of towing a Porsche 911 around a racetrack, to keep mileage on the clock at a minimum:)

Classic Poker chips are mass-produced chips. They are not rare or have any collector value.

They are very nice and high end though.

So I'd enjoy them in my home game personnally.

15138E26-0B00-4353-ABE9-31165E0A7834.jpeg
B4572A87-5070-4E46-AB3E-D282E117BC8B.jpeg
8D0D8BC1-4EF5-4F44-A171-9C9ED1E5B177.jpeg
A8C884CF-50A7-4AA3-8F3E-F0F93DD233C6.jpeg
0A0C06A9-3CA7-4627-AB55-6EC6CCC8FC00.jpeg

If you’re worried about players being rough with them, just make it known that you don’t want any splashing the pot, throwing chips in, or banging them on the table.
To me worrying about it like this sort of takes some of the fun out of it. I personally would never say a word.

Play them. If you don't want to, then sell them, and buy a set you will play with.
I think this is good advice. Right now would be a very opportune time to sell as chips are hot right now. Might not be that way a year or two from now...

Not playing with chips you love is the equivalent of towing a Porsche 911 around a racetrack, to keep mileage on the clock at a minimum:)
Good comparison

To me worrying about it like this sort of takes some of the fun out of it. I personally would never say a word.

I think this is good advice. Right now would be a very opportune time to sell as chips are hot right now. Might not be that way a year or two from now...

Good comparison
So this guy is welcome to your home game to play with new minty chips? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
225379C5-3B41-42C8-8623-5D88B2A67B49.gif

I would at least need to say, “Please don’t splash the pot, Teddy.”

So this guy is welcome to your home game to play with new minty chips? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 701367
I would at least need to say, “Please don’t splash the pot, Teddy.”
Lol....
Good point, but I generally have already done what was suggested. I sold all my mint chips except singles and play with sets that have seen "some" play so I don't need to worry about Teddy splashing the pot. If he was in my game he would be splashing the pot with used chips so go for it Teddy

Good luck with that... (In my game, a lecture like this would immediately result in someone splashing the pot as a joke.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom