Rules Question (1 Viewer)

scbill88

Pair
Reaction score
I did not see hold’ em rules forum so i will bring my newbie question here. If 4 cards of a straight are on the table, and two players complete the straight with the same hole card, does the other hole card not matter? 6 7 8 9 tabled- I and another have a 10. His other hole is a 3 and mine is an Ace. Everyone called “split pot”. I just smiled as they divided up the pot, but was wondering why I did not win. In just about every other hand high kicker wins the game correct?

No problem, gotta ask sometime. When situations like this come up, make your best 5 card hand in your head, point to which cards you're using. With a straight its easy: you need all 5 cards, if a card doesn't connect, or if its the low end of 6 in a row, it doesn't count.

Same with flushes, you use the highest 5-cards of that suit. Always frustrating when you've got 5 low hearts and another heart comes on the river.

Kickers come into play with hands like pairs or trips. If the board is AAAA2, the guy with a King is going to win the hand.

No problem, gotta ask sometime. When situations like this come up, make your best 5 card hand in your head, point to which cards you're using. With a straight its easy: you need all 5 cards, if a card doesn't connect, or if its the low end of 6 in a row, it doesn't count.

Same with flushes, you use the highest 5-cards of that suit. Always frustrating when you've got 5 low hearts and another heart comes on the river.

Kickers come into play with hands like pairs or trips. If the board is AAAA2, the guy with a King is going to win the hand.
Awesome!…great advice.

Hello every one,

I have a little question about the "ante" when we play a MTT tournament (live). A player in my association said to a small stack (under the big blind) : you can't take the ante, just the blinds and chips of the players, in proportion of your stack.

I don't understand the specific case of the ante : they are really not for a unless 1 BB player ?

Thank a lot for your response :)

Best regards,

Simon

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom