Rounders Movie Watch Party Monday Night Memorial Day 9:30PM (NY) (1 Viewer)

doublebooyah85

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Tune to this thread Monday May 29th at 9:30PM (NY TIME) for a Rounders Movie Watch Party!

Let's all watch Rounders at the same time and comment on this thread. Perfect timing to get BOOYAH'D UP for the WSOP just around the corner!

Again, Monday Memorial Day, let's all watch Rounders at the same time on this thread.

9:30PM EST (NY)
8:30PM Central
7:30PM Mountain
6:30PM Pacific

Or maybe I'll watch it by myself. Whatever lol.

1684878126869.gif

I know. I haven't really found a poker movie that I like. I don't watch many of them. I definitely don't watch the WSOP. My favorite televised poker was "High Stakes" cash games. I loved most of the seasons!

Smart move, really. Sure, they may have had to lay out some coin to purchase the chips before the scene (especially the barrels and barrels of blacks for Johnny Chan)... But once the scene is filmed, just cash them back in at the cage...
They didn't "lay out coin" for the chips. The Taj paid for product placement in the film. The outside, the room, the chips and the cards. Even the line "Playing all-night high-limit Hold'em at the Taj, where the sand turns to gold," all bought and paid for.

They didn't "lay out coin" for the chips. The Taj paid for product placement in the film. The outside, the room, the chips and the cards. Even the line "Playing all-night high-limit Hold'em at the Taj, where the sand turns to gold," all bought and paid for.
Worth every penny I'm sure. Made me want to go.

I know I am in the minority. I think this is a horribly overrated poker movie. I've seen it twice. That is enough for me.
If only someone could make a fan film of Rounders with the only change being that Mike and Teddy KGB were playing 5-card double board Omaha in their poker scenes together.

Detroitdad: This fan film version of Rounders is the greatest poker movie ever made.

Tune to this thread Monday May 29th at 9:30PM (NY TIME) for a Rounders Movie Watch Party!

Let's all watch Rounders at the same time and comment on this thread. Perfect timing to get BOOYAH'D UP for the WSOP just around the corner!

Again, Monday Memorial Day, let's all watch Rounders at the same time on this thread.

9:30PM EST (NY)
8:30PM Central
7:30PM Mountain
6:30PM Pacific

Or maybe I'll watch it by myself. Whatever lol.

View attachment 1139532
6408E33C-7394-488C-8C00-B5FF3946B520.gif

A couple of things that have always bothered me about the movie (besides the known/well-discussed inconsistencies):
  • After Gramma empties Worm's pockets at the strip club and Worm waits for Mike at Mike's place, Worm asks Mike if he can get them a place in an elevator building when he's a big shot attorney, implying they just walked up several flights. When Petra comes over to collect the juice on the first $2000 Mike owes to the Chesterfield, you can see the apartment number on the door... 1D.
  • At the beginning of the movie, Mike says playing cards got him halfway through law school. But he's competing in the moot court competition, which is usually done at the end of your first year of law school.
  • Mikey is supposedly a high level player. But in the first game against KGB (after he bluffed Johnnie Chan), he puts KGB on a flush draw and never re-evaluates. Pretty novice thinking for such a high level player.
  • Where did Mike and Worm get the car to drive to AC and Binghampton? Mike didn't have a car to pickup Worm when he got out of jail and had to borrow Jo's Jeep.

Last edited:
I know I am in the minority. I think this is a horribly overrated poker movie. I've seen it twice. That is enough for me.
You did better than me. I didn’t even get through it once. Was bored out my skull and turned it off halfway through :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom