Round table conundrum. (1 Viewer)

Drok5

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Im torn right now- between pub table, round or Barrington. But one of my questions I would like to hear out is: if I plan to have a shuffletech (cabinet mod side table) how would this play in a self dealt game on a round table? Anyone have experience with the flow of utilizing a shuffletech in a smaller self dealt game (8 max)? I don’t mind being the dedicated dealer and I’ll typically volunteer but I’m curious.. thoughts?

I have the munchies so I thought this was gonna be a vote between The King Arthur Supreme, Montague's All Meat Marvel & the Guinevere's Garden Delight pizza.

Having a dedicated dealer with a shuffletech will flow better than without regardless of what shape table or # of players you have. (with maybe the exception of Heads-Up) I love mine & don't mind dealing at all.

Anyone have experience with the flow of utilizing a shuffletech in a smaller self dealt game (8 max)?
Yeah. Host sits next to shuffletech and is shuffler captain. At the end of hand, dealer gathers cards and passes them to host. While this is happening, host passes fresh shuffled deck to next dealer. Somebody cuts that deck before it gets to new dealer.

It felt pretty clumsy the first time I played that way, and it kind of is, with decks getting passed back and forth across the table. But like anything else, you get used to it quickly. It’s fine. I wouldnt reccomend a shuffletech for a self dealt game, but if you have people who just cannot shuffle or if you like gadgets, it can work fine.

Yeah. Host sits next to shuffletech and is shuffler captain. At the end of hand, dealer gathers cards and passes them to host. While this is happening, host passes fresh shuffled deck to next dealer. Somebody cuts that deck before it gets to new dealer.

It felt pretty clumsy the first time I played that way, and it kind of is, with decks getting passed back and forth across the table. But like anything else, you get used to it quickly. It’s fine. I wouldnt reccomend a shuffletech for a self dealt game, but if you have people who just cannot shuffle or if you like gadgets, it can work fine.
This method seems like a round table would take the cake for ease of moving the deck around as well.

I have the munchies so I thought this was gonna be a vote between The King Arthur Supreme, Montague's All Meat Marvel & the Guinevere's Garden Delight pizza.

Having a dedicated dealer with a shuffletech will flow better than without regardless of what shape table or # of players you have. (with maybe the exception of Heads-Up) I love mine & don't mind dealing at all.
Is Round Table Pizza still a thing?

I have this exact set up. I use two decks and have the machine next to me. I pass out the deck to the next dealer and the previous dealer cleans up the hand and send the deck to me to put in the shuffler. It can get a little annoying doing it for every hand, but it’s not horrible. And sometimes the player next to me will handle it if I am getting a rebuy for a player.

922F83CF-B351-4F12-A282-EEC2BD6D370C.jpeg

I have this exact set up. I use two decks and have the machine next to me. I pass out the deck to the next dealer and the previous dealer cleans up the hand and send the deck to me to put in the shuffler. It can get a little annoying doing it for every hand, but it’s not horrible. And sometimes the player next to me will handle it if I am getting a rebuy for a player.

View attachment 1176319
This is precisely what I’m looking for. Thank you! Do you prefer the drink carts ?

The drink cart to hold the shuffler is very convenient. I have taken it to my brothers house for a game already. Much more flexible than in the table.

I have owned a round table but current table is an octagon shape. I prefer the latter. Has the self dealing benefits of the round table as well as a naturally assigned area for each player. Extra plus is you can’t really seat more than 8, which imo is the magic number.

View attachment 1176319
60 inch table correct?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom