Rolling vs. Stationary? (1 Viewer)

Farcry44

Two Pair
Reaction score
Just seeing what peoples preferences are in terms of seating at the table. I have 9 rolling office chairs that I was pretty fortunate to get for free from my office. But am thinking about changing it up/upgrading. I like the office chairs myself, you can adjust the height, they're super comfortable, they match my decor, etc.
Just not sure if I'd stick with a different set of office chairs (I do want red ones) or if I'd get 4 legged, regular, padded chairs.

Just interested in peoples thoughts on the one chair vs the other...
Love hearing peoples inputs on this site....
Thanks!

What's not to love about adjustable rolling chairs with great padding and back support? The only drawbacks that come to mind are that they could take up more room, one might trip over the protuberances if space is tight, and they don't roll easily on some carpets.

That said, I bought padded stacking chairs because that's what I could afford.

Yeah I had/have stackable padded banquet chairs and they worked just fine. Then (same thing) I was fortunate enough to grab 10 rolling/adjustable office chairs when my company remodeled. I love the ability to swivel and roll (we play in the basement on a really thin carpet over concrete). The only drawback to them is storage. If you don't have a dedicated poker room, then you need a whole room just to store the office chairs when not in use.

The first thing I did to the office chairs was remove the arms. Just don't need them when sitting at a poker table honestly and it helped a little with fitting them around the table as well.

Yeah I had/have stackable padded banquet chairs and they worked just fine. Then (same thing) I was fortunate enough to grab 10 rolling/adjustable office chairs when my company remodeled. I love the ability to swivel and roll (we play in the basement on a really thin carpet over concrete). The only drawback to them is storage. If you don't have a dedicated poker room, then you need a whole room just to store the office chairs when not in use.

The first thing I did to the office chairs was remove the arms. Just don't need them when sitting at a poker table honestly and it helped a little with fitting them around the table as well.
Hmmm. Never thought about removing the arms - gonna have a look see tonight and see how that’d look.

I personally prefer parsons chairs. I find I can sit in them for those long games without getting uncomfortable. I have a dedicated poker room so storage isn't an issue. All parsons chairs are not created equal though some are more comfortable than others.

I say rolling if you have the space, because they tend to be a lot wider. I like the look of a regular 4-legged chair better. I use barstools for my blackjack and low barstools for my game room. But regular 4-leg high-back pleather dining chairs during fundraising nights.

I like the gasser chairs suggested in other threads and I believe most are fixed position. A guy did post a Craigslist here recent he has a ton of Herman Miller Aeron chairs available. Asked about pricing for ten, those would be nice

While I appreciate a rolling chair, I prefer a fixed chair. I'm the guy @WedgeRock was talking about. I figit like a spinner when not in a hand and must annoy everyone around me. I try to fold my legs underneath me to avoid moving, but then I kick the height adjustment, so I suddenly shrink.

Then I have to adjust upward, find the right spot, and the pattern continues.

Solid chair, no options.

I have an octagon table
I have nice 7, Steelcase chairs on wheels
I have carpet
I put down 4 plastic floor mats, from L work stations $500 retail, but I bought mine on CL for $20/each, so $80.
Then, I added a 9 foot round area rug $150, but you can find cheaper styles
Then I added 3" carpet caster wheels to the chairs $100
It works great and I just have add some tape underneath to keep the edges flat

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom