Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (1 Viewer)

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Listed as a "teaser" trailer, but is pretty much an actual trailer. Looks even better than The Force Awakens imo. Can't wait.

I'm not completely thrilled with the "A Star Wars Story" qualifier, but wtf. I have a feeling Disney will eventually run Star Wars into the ground by releasing too much stuff, but hopefully before they jump that shark we'll get a lot of quality content that explores Star Wars in a way that wasn't permitted in film until now. So many offshoot stories like this are possible even if they limit the canon to the films and the Clone Wars tv series.

Wow that does look really good. Very encouraging musical score too, I believe this will be the 1st Star Wars movie not done by John Williams.

Wow that does look really good. Very encouraging musical score too, I believe this will be the 1st Star Wars movie not done by John Williams.

Oh good point - I hadn't realized he's not on this one. As much as I loved the score from The Force Awakens, I'm fine with them trying some new composers, particularly since this is sort of a spinoff film.

tumblr_ltizaihYtE1r1clik.gif

Maybe the SciFi channel can do a series... Ha! Worked well w/ BSG

Looks great! Hopefully I'll get you see Force Awakens before this comes out...

Looks great! Hopefully I'll get you see Force Awakens before this comes out...

One of the joys of child-rearing, so I'm told, is that you'll have worked up a nice backlog of amazing movies and books to enjoy when you're finally able to find the time.

I cant wait, this one is gonna be awesome...It is said that they will do origin movies at some point too.

This looks so sweet. Just realized TFA is out on blu ray, guess I'm headed to the store tonight.

On a side note who has the Star Wars app on their phone, I think its fun to see what planet your weather is from at the current time (right now I'm on Naboo).

One of the joys of child-rearing, so I'm told, is that you'll have worked up a nice backlog of amazing movies and books to enjoy when you're finally able to find the time.

I'm pretty sure you watch more movies in one week than I do in a whole year (cinema/dvd/tv combined)

Looking forward to Rogue One to see Darth Vader kick ass. Hope the plot doesn't revolve around choosing the light over the darkside. Almost seems like that girl will choose the darkside.

So when you say it's reliably good do you mean the good shows are reliably good not accounting for the bad shows?

There is absolutey no reason (given today's technology) to watch any bad TV. Again, I barely have enough time to watch the quality television that is available (which is greater than the amount of quality movies currently available).

IMO

If this conversation is still about Rogue One: A Stsr Wars Story I'm stoked about seeing it.

At 51 I'm old enough to remember clearly going to be theater as a younger lad to see Star Wars and all the others that came out later. At that time there was no surround sound our fancy HD technology but it was still a movie that broke the mold in movie production and cinematography and at that age it was huge. From that point on I have been a fan. I still have a Darth Vader Halloween costume in an old trunk full of memories

Last edited:
Pretty sure they could make money on these photos...

Will write a spoiler filled mini-review in the regular movies thread, but so as to not spoil here, I'll just say: meh, it was fun.

I liked it. It met my expectations. I think it's a good start of how to make a SW movie that's a branch from the main story line.

I liked it. It met my expectations. I think it's a good start of how to make a SW movie that's a branch from the main story line.

I've read 40-50 Star Wars books and there are so many good stories out there. I hope this trend continues and they explore more of them. Glad to hear it met expectations. Can't wait until tonight!

Damn that was one point I meant to address in my other spoiler post and didn't. Off to edit...

Damn that was one point I meant to address in my other spoiler post and didn't. Off to edit...

If they take some lessons learned from the movie and roll those into the Han Solo movie in 2018, I'm sure I'll be happy. Although the Han movie has to tread more carefully than Rouge One. As a SW fan, you don't have the connection to the characters in Rouge One as you do with Han. This movie had the benefit of having a primary cast free of preconceived notions of each character. With Han, they'll be shoehorning a large character into a new vessel, which will be much more difficult.

Sadly, a second viewing brought my rating down further. One of the bigger disappointments of the year for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom