Retired Life (3 Viewers)

My retirement gifts were two fold.

My wife bought me my CPC set, and I bought myself a Z06 (again) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

IMG_7906.jpegIMG_7388.jpeg86437B02-7421-428C-BE4E-9087D52E3FA5.jpeg

I had no idea that you day traded! Something that I'm very much into, but don't talk to many about! One day I want to be like you Lou! You da man!
I actually ran a fairly large social media page that was similar to trades & raids back in the day. Posted plenty of positions, chart calls, etc. That type of thing. At your age, you’ve got SOOO much time and potential.

If you have any questions my man, I’m here to help.

Just be careful talking about day trading and retirement…. Some people will write entire novels about it :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: (Salty salty paragraphs of jelly)

This is the absolute ticket. I’m so happy for you. It’s pure freedom!
The key is to deny yourself once in a while. I put both my sons through good colleges, they got their tuition from their academic excellence and hard work ethic their mom and I taught them by example, but they also got weekly money and rent from me for all four years, winding up with no student debt and great jobs in the IT field. We took two trips to Disney when they were young but other than that long weekend vacations were the rule. We also helped pay funeral expenses for three relatives, 100% for two of them and 50/50 on the third. We ate at home a lot, wore the same casual clothes for more than one year, and bought what we needed, not exactly everything we wanted. I hustled extra work for things I wanted, my wife was a stay home mother for 12 years giving our kids a home, not just a lock in house, to grow up in. We saved Pennys, dimes, dollars whenever we could, never robbed our defined benefit retirements or 401k funds and have a 2500 square foot house fully paid off that we had custom built. I’m a firm believer that anyone can do the same, just be smart and say no to your impulses once in a while. I’m proof of this.

The key is to deny yourself once in a while. I put both my sons through good colleges, they got their tuition from their academic excellence and hard work ethic their mom and I taught them by example, but they also got weekly money and rent from me for all four years, winding up with no student debt and great jobs in the IT field. We took two trips to Disney when they were young but other than that long weekend vacations were the rule. We also helped pay funeral expenses for three relatives, 100% for two of them and 50/50 on the third. We ate at home a lot, wore the same casual clothes for more than one year, and bought what we needed, not exactly everything we wanted. I hustled extra work for things I wanted, my wife was a stay home mother for 12 years giving our kids a home, not just a lock in house, to grow up in. We saved Pennys, dimes, dollars whenever we could, never robbed our defined benefit retirements or 401k funds and have a 2500 square foot house fully paid off that we had custom built. I’m a firm believer that anyone can do the same, just be smart and say no to your impulses once in a while. I’m proof of this.
1000%%%%%!!!!!

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Yeah, but that plate and frame only arouse jealousy where you live -- and maybe in Mississippi. Everywhere else, the laughter is derisive...

Oh, and my chip collection is the envy of all my players and numbers 10,000 plus.

My big indulgence paid for mostly with poker winnings in tournaments over the last 15 years.

Last brag I promise. Sorry, not sorry. Happy!!

Oh, and my chip collection is the envy of all my players and numbers 10,000 plus.

My big indulgence paid for mostly with poker winnings in tournaments over the last 15 years.

Last brag I promise. Sorry, not sorry. Happy!!
I love it! I’m working on breaking even with poker wins and chip cost…. It’s not working :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Oh, and anyone who takes a man’s accomplishment as a brag, is absolutely sad. That’s not the way up.

I applaud your achievements. Outfuckingstanding!

Last edited:
tuna, I'd have thought you'd never be old enough to be seen driving a Merc.
Larry, I’ve honestly asked myself a few times lately…….”why the hell did I buy this?” :unsure: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Once I’m in it though and I put that pedal down, my memory snaps right back. This baby really moves and she’s comfy too.
Still just a kid at heart though my friend. ;)

Look forward to seeing ya next week.

Larry, I’ve honestly asked myself a few times lately…….”why the hell did I buy this?” :unsure: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Once I’m in it though and I put that pedal down, my memory snaps right back. This baby really moves and she’s comfy too.
Still just a kid at heart though my friend. ;)

Look forward to seeing ya next week.
How’s the overall quality of it?

My wife is leaning towards a lux sedan model, don’t need a mom mobile anymore.

Looking at Audi A4, BMW 300e, Mercedes C class & Lexus IS right now.

Used of course, we retired folk need to buy in cash only, we don’t have jobs to support lofty car payments like the working class. (This might inspire another monologue from craig :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: )

How’s the overall quality of it?

My wife is leaning towards a lux sedan model, don’t need a mom mobile anymore.

Looking at Audi A4, BMW 300e, Mercedes C class & Lexus IS right now.

Used of course, we retired folk need to buy in cash only, we don’t have jobs to support lofty car payments like the working class. (This might inspire another monologue from craig :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: )
I’m super happy with it. I was looking at a Lexus IS350 or Toyota Camry XSE new. The Lexus is in the 46k range and the Toyota was in the 37 range.

Was literally just surfing the net a few weeks ago and this popped up in Ft. Worth.
2017 C43 AMG with 16k miles.
I had it shipped for $99 with no obligation to buy it but just was curious and wanted to test drive it.

Needless to say I was impressed before I ever got in the car. Certified pre owned and I added a 5 year 100k mile warranty.
It’s an amazing ride, very comfortable and very speedy. ;) I don’t think you’ll be disappointed knowing what you’ve got in your garage.

Not GT 500 or Z06 fast but plenty to get you into trouble if you so desire. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
IMG_0344.jpeg
IMG_0328.jpeg
IMG_0329.jpeg
IMG_0327.jpeg

Nah, I don't have any car payments. I also buy cars in cash unless they have a 0% APR special.

But if you want another monologue, I'm your huckleberry. I've got to justify the subscription to Chat GTP.

I did back in the day, but now all of my time is taken with two teenage daughters and their lives.

I think I might try and do some local stuff though, good idea
A great experience could be volunteering with your daughters. Helps build their college applications (if that’s of interest to them) too.

This being PCF (an older experienced crowd), I intended to find a group of individuals who’ve retired and could give advice for the new journey I’ve found myself taking. It’s new to me and I’m all ears to listen to those who’ve taken the path before me.

I knew there were plenty of folks on here who have gained wisdom and experience on the matter, and I had hoped to absorb as much as I could from them.

To all of those who’ve sent me a PM, posted in this thread and gave good genuine thought - I appreciate you.

Wasn’t that YOUR money???
Yes, some of it was, but only because a joke bid (and it was funny - $777 Forever!) got flagged by a bunch of previous offenders for breaking sacred rules that they themselves got flagged for doing in the past so they felt it wasn't fair unless I was punished.

Yes, some of it was, but only because a joke bid (and it was funny - $777 Forever!) got flagged by a bunch of previous offenders for breaking sacred rules that they themselves got flagged for doing in the past so they felt it wasn't fair unless I was punished.
1708035261456.gif

I worked solo 6 days a week in my practice for 25 years. Three years ago my son joined the practice. Last year we cut our hours to 4 days a week as a quality of life issue. Three day weekends every week allow for more family time and travel to PCF meetups. I am in the process of gradually selling my practice to my son. I turned down corporate offers for much more. I am currently working only 2 days per week - Monday and Tuesday - and much prefer the 5 day weekends. I'm sure I will fully retire at some unknown time in the future, but I still enjoy what I do and it keeps me grounded.

Here’s a question for everyone. How much do you think you need to have saved in order to retire, and does that include pension and social security monies??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom