Rate this line-up - Tiger Palace secondary cash (1 Viewer)

How do you rate the overall design of the set? (0 - awful, 10 - perfect)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PocketAces

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
What you are voting on:
- color progression/combinations
- edge spot progression
- inlay design
How do you rate the overall design of the set?

What you aren't voting on:
- rarity/availability
- condition
- affordability

E5A39BF1-8BAE-4C94-B26B-0FC0780FB8E9.jpeg

Picture credit @Tommy

Always tricky to judge a 12 chip line-up. Ideally I would have broken these down between low stakes and high stakes but let’s give it a try

This one has a classic Cali feel with a modern twist and if GPI was still offering it, a shaped inlay would have sent pretty much all of us me to chipping retirement. The sleeper here is the $2 chip. And I’ll take 8 racks of $5 and 2 racks of $25 with that pls. Strong 8 for me.

Yum. Given that things like shaped inlays and leaded colours simply aren't an option anymore, it seems unfair to judge this set in that light.

Personally, I didn't think anything would supplant the Big Tops for me as far as modern sets go, but that's why I never say never. The lineup below is a 10/10 for me. Inlay design is clean and very well done, esp. with the colour-matched stars. Across the entire secondary lineup, the $1000 and the $25,000 are the only denominations that don't knock my socks off. Would have loved to have seen the green 50¢ as a tri-moon too. All in all, 9/10 for me. #ChefsKiss

_MG_2374.jpg

The 25 through 5000 was always the best of this offering to me, as a tournament set. That portion may be taken as a whole one of the best I’ve ever seen. I don’t know about you but I am definitely nowhere in the same universe as anyone that would have $25 as a base cash chip. Hell $25 is really a bank chip for me. What would be a normal set cash it for me (Frac-$20/$25 few Hundo) with this offering is nice but not world beating. Also I believe in customs only for cash.

Last edited:
Would have loved to have seen the green 50¢ as a tri-moon too.
Actually originally had this…. But then we nearly did an all trimoon tourney set. A ton of moving pieces during the process, but yeah I would’ve liked that too. I do LOVE the 50¢ as is though.

Frac thru 500 gets a 10 from me. Rest gets a 6. Mainly because Cali high denoms are always a bit funky. So I picked 8. The amount of denoms makes it difficult to evaluate.

Given that things like shaped inlays and leaded colours simply aren't an option anymore, it seems unfair to judge this set in that light.
I'll probably never get on board with that line of reasoning.
But I have a question for you. If GPI/Paulson really has discontinued some of the best spot patterns, are you going to give a 9 or a 10 to the next NAGB that comes along, if it has significantly inferior (but the best currently available) spot patterns?

Rated this set as an 8. 1s, 5s, and 20s are stand outs in the line up. This is coming from someone who does not like brown as a base color but everytime I see the 20 I think of these cookies so I smile :)

Chocolate-MM-Cookies-sq-1-500x500.jpg

Lol I've spent more brain cells on Tigers than my job since December.

The $0.25 through $20 is a "9" for me. If we're talking strictly colors/spots, it's a "10".

But I'm not a fan of any of the denoms $25 and higher, except the $5k, which is gorgeous.

Re the inlays, the TP cash inlays are functional and classic. Yes, there are vintage inlays I prefer, but the TP inlays are the best of the custom Paulson inlays to me.

Gave this lineup an "8", because I care a lot more about the lower denoms that see the most play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom